Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
"Look, we revived him from his head, what were we supposed to do, let the whole rest of that corpse go to waste?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

EponymousMrYar posted:

Welp.

Time for Episode 2 of 'Laius is a Dog' Boogaloo.

I dunno... we did recently have the genderswap omake... Maybe it'll become canon!

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Did the fairy turn into a staff, or does she just show up when it's unsummoned?

Also, it seems elves are poor judges of emotion... Really adds to their otherworldly aura. Happy to see them? Angry? They just see lesser beings doing whatever such creatures do.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Phone posting so someone else can crop and post my favourite panel: everyone's thought bubbles.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Crasical posted:

Man, Dullahan are no joke. I wonder how many monsters could earn the 'Run, don't bother trying to fight it, just run" command from Laius.

And then it hits its head on the ceiling twice.

"Don't fight, just run!... You can't eat it, we shouldn't waste energy."

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

DrSunshine posted:

I think, maybe? I got more the impression that they were some kind of spirit or something. At least, not a classic, has-a-phylactery, style lich.

Maybe the whole dungeon is the phylactery!

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Hot milk with sugar, salt, flour and cocaine.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
She basically has two souls in her, right? Which is why she could resist the succubi. Girl with cat soul, cat with girl soul, what's the difference?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Winged lion sets up inevitable betrayal of party, but Laius disobeys it's instructions and just eats it.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
RIP pixie. Too good for this world.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
On the other hand, he's perfect when succubi show up. Instantly stabs the idealised double of the party member you crush on. "They were an inch taller, and their hair was shinier."

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Itsuzumi tries to pull the same 'two souls two desires' trick on the demon that saved her from succubi, but it just gives fish and headpats, and bith are satisfied.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Crossover with Monsters Can't Clean?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Everything in the manga is pleasing. They could reskin Chichack into a rampant sex-pest pervert, and they'd make it a satisfying story about some kind of dungeon-parasite that infected him and culminate in Laius getting fondled while Senshi cooks an antidote.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
That rabbit just broke Laius' neck! Good thing Marcille has extra protection there, but if the rabbits are smart enough to lure them to an ambush, they may be smart enough to go for somewhere less instantly-crippling but still devastating, like a kneecap...

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
My first kobold encounter was Baldur's Gate, where they were yipping things that came in swarms and decayed your metal gear. Lizard-ish, but pretty low resolution.

To muddy the waters even further, I imagine plenty of people's first Kobolds were from WoW. You no take candle!

Rat-people.

Oh, and Lufia may have been janky translation, but apparently cobalt was named after the Germanic mine spirits because of it's tendancy to poison ores, like the Baldur's Gate kobolds. Most accurate depiction? Maybe not. The traditional kobold was, like classic goblins, pixies and other mischevious sprites, basically a short ugly person, but one of it's distinguishing characteristic is that it typically took the form of a humanoid, an animal, a fire or... a candle.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Yeah, there's a very easy 'twisted genie' answer to that wish. "I promise you, nobody in the world will survive the next ten years!"

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Also dungeon rabbits turned out to be super-weak to explosion attacks. Probably extra-weak to holy explosions.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Chicken Masala isn't exactly a vindaloo either.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
It seems in every universe, wizard poops are inscrutable.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
And Senshi can date Chilchuk's daughter. And Chilchuk can be a washed-up divorced dad.

And they can all wear leg-pouches for Namari.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
They're hyper-competent adventurers, not diplomats. It seems their negotiation strategy basically amounts to "No, you wouldn't stab us, because then you'd be in even MORE trouble."

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Siegkrow posted:

BEHOLD MY STAND

「GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE LUNCH」

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I dunno, I think he was the most accurate on faces. Maybe second to Chilchuck on Marcille's face, they've got pretty different expressions though which makes it harder to compare.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Save your boyfriend, Kabru.

Save your girlfriend, Marcille.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
The Dungeon would be quiet for years, then inexplicable turn into a crab.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
"My greatest desire will never come true!?!? But my sister!"

"Oh, we saved her. But being turned into a monster and back wrecked both your gut bacteria. You're lactose intolerant now."

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Senshi remains the raw sex appeal character, this time giving us a panty shot.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

kidcoelacanth posted:

also in addition to some feathers falin has lil fangs now. good stuff

She's become at least 10% more genki.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Alacron posted:

Did Chilchuck patch things up with his wife?

We may not have a canon answer to this question... but we all know the answer.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

VideoWitch posted:

Did Falin climb in through the window or was she just sitting there for the conversation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9rMqPEzmvs

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Chicken Thumbs posted:

Kui's New Year comic got translated and it's :perfect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEVrogZOJzA

Also, Falin is trying to get eaten by the red dragon again.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I'm looking forward to voice-acted Laius' petrification precautions and Marcille's reaction

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Clarste posted:

I get the impression it's like a "stand up straight, I want to make a good impression" kind of kick.

"Do NOT gently caress the dwarf, we have only just met him. At least wait a week."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Alita was a full-on intentional renaming rather than a mistranslation. It's really more of a Bulma Clause.