Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
code:
MARC        RAB
ILLE   AND  BIT IS YOU AND HAS MEAL
            IS
            DEF
            EAT

FAR	HUN
LYN IS  GRY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Yeah just god drat there's so much love in this

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
^Laios emerges from his larval state the same as he went in. "Turns out the greatest monster was man" and stares at the camera, the end.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Ryoko Kui seems like the worlds best DM for a dnd campaign.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

if it's fine for owlbears it's fine for dragons

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
yes

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
It has, it turns out, been a while since I read this:

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Marcille at age 14: splashing around in puddles.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Snooze Cruise posted:

I sometimes wish I could go to an alt universe to see what tragic ending Dungeon Meshi would have been like. In the latest daydream hour Ryoko Kui had a bit about how the initial plan was to have Laois and Marcille go full heel. I wonder when exactly she changed her mind about that.

I honestly think it became too obvious of a direction for the story. I reckon she must have decided before Kabru started talking about that possibility out loud, because there's no way she'd have a character spelling out the way the story is going if it was still the plan.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
As someone with a (maybe undiagnosed autistic? Certainly poor explainer) father, that also felt... pretty real.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
No I swear. Turning to dust annnnnnny second now.

Annnnnnnnnnnny second now.

See, dust! No wait that's dandruff.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Arc Hammer posted:

Cue the next episode starting with Laios going "its still good!" like Homer Simpson trying to save the ruined pig roast. He'll probably do something like deduce that the Dragon hasn't taken a crap yet so Falin's nutrients are still in its body and therefore still bound by the Dungeon's resurrection spell. Then he'll do something insane like make a meat puppet out of her leftover bones and dragon steaks and tell Marcille to stitch it together like she did with his leg.

Lol, lmao.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
The fact that green curry is considered insane-o drooling hot also indicates that the standards here are fairly mild, though.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Framing where if you know you know.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Appropriate because Kabru would love the discourse tbh

"What is it about me that gives off a vaguely psychotic vibe I need to correct my behaviour for this"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
I think we are seeing a delayed reactive wave of interesting fantasy as a result of all the garbage isekai over the last years.