Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Siegkrow posted:

Thistle getting his desires eaten looked weird-
Like an almost obscene scene.

Yeah, that's how it is with demons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

That is so drat cute.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Nebrilos posted:

I'm a little surprised that the whole party immediately rejected the idea of a life-expectancy of 1000 years. Like, not even one of them was tempted?

Consider the long-lived people they have met on this adventure. Thistle? Insane, tried to kill them. The humans trapped by Thistle? Miserable. The Canaries? Arrogant, unreasonable, tried to kill them. Et cetera, et cetera. Not a lot of good immortal role models. Wouldn't wanna be like them either.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

ThingOne posted:

Legs for days

The old razzle dazzle

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Nebrilos posted:

When are we going to find out what Laius’s succubus looked like? This is important information.

Unless, of course, you mean revealed to the rest of the cast.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011
A fanart crossover with The Apothecary Diaries.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Is this chart based on actual spiciness, or is it based on Japanese spiciness where anyone left of Chilchuck would die if they smelled a jalfrezi?

Translated pages:

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Apraxin posted:

i actually just caught on a recent re-read that post-chimera fight she actually (kinda) shows up a couple of chapters before her introduction, during the blizzard:

:aaa:

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011
In case people didn't know, today is the 21st of April, which is Izutsumi's official birthday!

https://www.tumblr.com/dunmestuffy/748370576361619456

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Randallteal posted:

The anime connected dots for me this week too:

The manga shows him handling the pelt too but only in one panel so I didn't put it together.

Are you implying that's the shapeshifter's pelt? As far as I could tell, the shapeshifter's head was blasted to oblivion, so that seems unlikely. Also, the shapeshifter has multiple tails, while that pelt only has one. I'm thinking that's just a regular wolf, unfortunately.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

thetoughestbean posted:

The main thing I recommend for fans of Dungeon Meshi is Witch Hat Atelier.

Especially since Witch Hat Atelier has its own cooking-themed spinoff.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

In retrospect, one of the nicer bits of unstated foreshadowing over Izutsumi's real deal is that Lycion exhibits 0 bestial mannerisms at all.

There's several other factors at play, though.
Izutsumi was transformed as a very young child. Lycion became a beastman as an adult elf fully aware of what he was doing and how, presumably at 100+ years old, and though his life growing up with dysphoria wasn't pleasant, he wasn't treated like a feral animal as a small child. Regardless of which way around Izutsumi's transformation worked, I don't think it's surprising that Lycion is more well-adjusted.

Suleman fucked around with this message at 18:24 on May 9, 2024

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Marluxia posted:

Judging by some of the posts here, it kind of seem like some people here still think Izutsumi is a human turned into a catgirl.

Regardless of which soul got stuck into which body, Izutsumi is still more human than she is cat. I don't think it makes much of a difference other than whether she can ever get rid of the cat part of herself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

DrSunshine posted:

So, does Izutsumi have only cat ears, or does she have human ears too? What happens if you raise the hair on the sides of her head, what'd you see?

She only has the cat ears, but to speculate further: Based on how her hair behaves in this picture, I think it might be that her hairline actually goes over where her human ears would be, so she's pretty close to having the kind of furry sideburns animalistic character designs sometimes have.