Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
There's a Japanese curry diner not far from me where heat and meat/veggies/etc are separate elements of the order; I've never asked them but my best guess is that either they start with a mild base and mix in extra spice, or more likely they use roux blocks with predetermined heat levels. (These still aren't very hot imo) Expand those ideas out to other types of curry bases and the chart makes sense to me.

lol that Pattadol goes milder on Day 2 and still can't handle it. Fleki should be in charge of Mithrun's meals because I wanna see him eat the hottest food completely straight-faced while she's losing her poo poo right next to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
I love that Izutsumi consistently doesn't give a poo poo about these things and is preoccupied thinking only of Izutsumi

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
My joke theories are that either their bodies managed to float back up during the big battle on the water and they got revived and conscripted into the fight, or the demon accidentally grabbed a ton of undiscovered corpses along with everyone else and decided they could join the infinite feast too.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
I'm excited because the fighting is going to be sick and it's going to give a better glimpse of what the secondary cast is motivated by, but also worried because most discussion places are gonna turn into the Shuropocalypse. At least maybe it'll get some heat off all this Kabru slander, dude's not mad about heresy he's acting like he just heard the cattiest gossip :colbert:

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
Oh, I'm not denying Toshiro's an indefensible dick. Laios resonates with me and a lot of other readers because of that scene and how much it hurts to go through that. I'm just not looking forward to people shouting for days how much they wish Toshiro was dead.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
Yeah, I guess 'indefensible' is going too far. Despite everything he does stick his neck out offering to smuggle everyone out of the country should they ever need it, and he and Laios do seem to be on sorta good terms at the end of it all? Plus, I don't think a lot of the subtle details about his upbringing will make it into the anime (iirc most of it was in side content) so that's really not gonna help matters once the reveal drops.

Actually is it too late for me to shift the blame to Toshiro's dad? Pretty sure half the issues in that entire household can be traced back to him in some way

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
I wanted to crack a joke about Laios complaining that Faligon's design is too busy just to later embrace his own overdesigned creature he's been cooking up since childhood

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
I'd already been spoiled about Izutsumi's existence but somehow I didn't connect the dots that she was Asebi until right when she went missing. I also missed the handholding detail so I wanna see if it's emphasized more in motion.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
I think part of it is that in the anime the camera pans as the party grabs hands, so it's easier to understand the continuity of where everyone is and in what order, making stand out all the more when the camera cuts to a new angle and shows a fifth person behind Marcille grabbing her hand. Of course shortly afterwards the positioning gets all mixed up once the shapeshifter copies appear (there's a Marcille holding Laios's other hand, but then she backs off when the lights turn on and two Chilchucks take her place) so it's easy to forget about that hand or dismiss it as part of the illusion.

It also probably helps that since it's in color it's more immediately obvious that it doesn't match with any party member's hand

MiracleFlare fucked around with this message at 16:40 on May 3, 2024

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
I didn't flip back to previous pages on the shapeshifter chapters because Senshi would be disappointed in me for taking the easy way out :colbert: now instead I got Chilchuck disappointed in me for not using all my tools

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
Spoilers for things that are unique to the new episode but hint at future chapters: They really went all out adding background paintings about Marcille's memories - I think this might actually be the most blatant hint that she's half-tallman (moreso than her ears which can be mistaken for stylistic choice). Also I already theorized Pipi was a cockatiel but the painting of them looks a lot like one of my birds, and now I'm crying into my stew. :smith: thanks Dungeon Meshi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
I think traditionally they aren't spoilered in this thread, but since there were extra details that weren't in the manga I wanted to play it safe in case anyone wanted to see it for themselves first.