Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Dungeon Meshi is merely good entertainment, but I'm a forgiving creature

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I can't wait for them to hunt the Clevin.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Captain Invictus posted:

More specifically, one piece has had only maybe 3 or 4 stumbles in its 20 year history. The Birdcage being the most awful. Meanwhile the world, setting, adventurous nature, and inventive designs of many of the over 900 named characters(even ones only shown in a single panel) are nearly unparalleled. Some of the designs such as Scratchman Apoo are among my favorite character conceptual designs ever. The characters are also very consistent, in particular Luffy, who is absurdly well written and rarely if ever has broken character in the entire run.

I could go on for quite a while about it but suffice to say, it's pretty hard to beat. I've been reading it weekly for well over a decade and it's basically never disappointed. Even the lesser arcs like Fishman Island still have insanely good parts to them like the fisher tiger flashback, or the overall message of it (which the anime totally, completely ruined with some filler that rewrote the message lol)

One Piece is consistently loving ugly. Despite the seeming fertility of visual design, there's no imagination or invention in it as sequential art. There's no illusion of movement, it's a series of characters being alternatively frozen in place, in extreme close-up, or bursting in action. Every page is stuffed with detail to the point of incoherence. The result is a static mess.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I don't think anybody expected the series go full vore and have a chapter where they eat Chillchack, but I doubt anybody really minded.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
i want to be served to laios with tartar sauce and just a squeeze of lemon

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Hopefully Senshi will go quickly back into his usual sexy dwarf self.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Every time we're reassured that if Senshi wasn't a dwarf he'd easily be the most conventionally attractive member of the team I just smile because it's so good.

Senshi has always been handsome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
she's an uggo elf