Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I can’t believe Chilchuck is a deadbeat dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

DrSunshine posted:

I own four copies (vols 1-4). :cool:

Missing volume 5 there guy

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Tetracube posted:

I don't get what the changeling mushrooms do. Why'd they replace a griffin with a hippogriff?

because they change things into something different but similar, e.g., a person into a troll or a griffin into a hippogriff

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Mirage posted:

"I hated how everyone was treating my sister, so I abandoned her for a year."

It’s kind of a lovely thing to do, but it feels like a thing a teen would do

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Please do not make this thread a debate about the merits of one economic system vs another, D&D exists already.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
It might have been said before but I like how Chilchack accuses Marcille of elven arrogance when she is in fact the least elfy elf

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I like that the hashtags say that Marcille isn’t interested in Laius or anything, she just likes romance

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Randallteal posted:

I'm definitely expecting some kind of twist there. Given what we've seen of the surface, the fantasy the lion concocted for Laius seemed awfully optimistic, and Laius is naive and trusting enough to be taken advantage of by playing to his noble intentions. Plus, "I am... well, truth be told, I have neither a true name nor form. But many people call me the winged lion." That is suspicious as gently caress. That thing could be anybody.

I’m less sold on the name bit, it wouldn’t be less suspicious if it said it’s name was Jack O’Shaughnessy

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Can we not talk about D&D? We’ve got a whole subforum for talking about how 5e is bad and you should use [insert system] instead.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

ElMaligno posted:

Yes, but what LANCER mech would Laius pilot???

It would definitely be one of the weird ones from Horus

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I only recognized half of the “MEANWHILE” panels. Were they all from adventures the main party had?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Jerkface posted:

It don't matter when its elven, baby

/Frost

Two elves diverged in a yellow wood
And sorry I could not romance them both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
this made me crack up

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

AgentHaiTo posted:

Why does Pati sell dragon dung? Is that some kind of drug or something? lol

Probably a great fertilizer

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I feel like Pati and Laius would get on well

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Nuggets are good, Marcille

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I’m starting to think that these elves are kind of jerks

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Captain Invictus posted:

well, if that full page spread of what happens if a demon gets out of control is at all accurate, they are pretty right to be jerkish. Baphomet slurping up the island sounds like a bad time for everyone especially the ones on said island

Maybe they’d be more effective at containing the demon threat if they worked with the local peoples instead of paternalistically ordering them around

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

canaries: "let us perform our intricate and powerful magicks !"
laios: "this reminds me of the time i gave myself intestinal parasites!"

like, how much would it suck to have to deal with that guy?

Laios’s monster obsession leading him to be extremely competent is a very good development

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I keep trying to get people to buy Delicious in Dungeon at work (I work at a Barnes and Noble) and I don't get a lot of bites! What's a good, succinct way to get people interested in it?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Snooze Cruise posted:

I say "there is a gay elf"

I typically don’t say a manga has gay characters unless it’s explicit, especially when recommending manga to customers. I don’t want them to feel lied to

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Eh, if they’re in the manga section I assume they can handle some dumb names

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Today’s podcast sponsor is Dungeon Grub, a weekly crate that gives you all your dungeon themed food items. Go to DungeonGrub.com and use promo code “Meshi” for a ten percent discount on your first order. That’s DungeonGrub.com, with discount code “Meshi”

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

DrSunshine posted:

Instructions unclear, ate a larva.

Thanks for getting in touch with Dungeon Grub ltd, a subsidiary of Dungeon Guys co! We make great efforts to provide the best dungeon-themed food items in the business. Please note that the Terms and Conditions of Dungeon Grub states that Dungeon Grub is not liable for any harm that occurs from eating the ingredients raw or not preparing the dishes provided following the recipe provided by Dungeon Grub.

Eating the ingredients raw may result in:
Upset Stomach
Diarrhea
Poisoning
Parasites
Curses
Accidental Cannibalism
Angry Local Tribes of Orcs
Being Bound To A Malevolent Demon
Being Changed Into A Different Species
Being Unable To Leave An Eternal Dream
And More

If you are experiencing any one of the symptoms or more, please go to a local physician or healing mage as soon as possible.

Again, Dungeon Grub is not responsible for any of these conditions, and will not pay for your healing fees. If an invoice is sent, we have the right to fight it in Elf Court

Thanks for buying from Dungeon Grub!

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Dolash posted:

Picked up the first book of this at the bookstore today after hearing it generallly recommended. I'm not a big manga reader or anime watcher (the only one i actually read is My Hero Academia, which i fell into by chance while recovering from an eye condition), but I love D&D, and this is great!

I tried searching to see if there's a show and it looks like there isn't, which is too bad. Still far from caught up on the comic though.

That's really all i got. Comic is good.

Edit: I guess to give this post more content, are there any more recommendations for this author, or this genre? My sense is that most fantasy adventurer anime/manga is kinda garbage, but if there's more like this around i'd be interested to see it!

One of her short story collections, Seven Little Sons of the Dragon is legally available in English. For similar fantasy, I guess there’s Record of Lodoss War? It’s a classic fantasy series that was originally a D&D campaign played by the author

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Did I recommend Drifting Dragons? It’s about what’s essentially a whaling ship except it’s an airship that hunts dragons. And the dragons are essentially big flying sea creatures of all shapes and sizes.

The art’s gorgeous and the manga does a good job having the reader get to know the crew. Also, like Delicious in Dungeon, it’s secretly a cooking manga where the main ingredient is dragon

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Crasical posted:

Reading Heterogenous Linguistics, a manga about language, via fan-translated japanese-to-english, is a great way to feel like you're too dumb to follow the plot.

give it a shot though I might *actually* be too stupid for that manga.

It has an official translation if you think that might help. Obviously you’d need to pay for it but hopefully the translation is a bit higher quality and easier to follow

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Izutsumi not knowing what’s going on in the corner of the panels is great

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Scholtz posted:

Hey when I finally started reading this, and quickly caught up, why weren't there warnings between each chapter to say how slow the release schedule is???

I'm dying!!!

The magazine it’s published in does ten issues a year, so yeah it’s a bit slower than your average monthly

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Scholtz posted:

Oh yeah I absolutely have no actual problem with the release schedule, I'm just in withdrawal after a couple weeks of chapters on demand.

If you haven’t read it already, try out Witch Hat Atelier. It’s a fantastic fantasy manga with gorgeous art where magic is both a literal art and science. That might help the jitters

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

LWA studio making Dungeon Meshi. Seems about right

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

I mean… wow

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

RuBisCO posted:

Day Dream Hour 5

Some neat background info in this, wish we got these officially released in English somehow.

We’re getting the adventurer bible, which is incredibly exceptional as it is

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Rand Brittain posted:

Nice to have a copy of the Adventurer's Bible, but is it just me or is the quality of the Amazon file incredibly low? It's only 66MB and it's giving me a headache to read it.

I got the physical so I can’t answer you, sorry

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Countblanc posted:

Is anyone else having issues getting the new chapter to load? I went and checked old ones and they work fine, but this new one just gives me a "click to retry" button. I've tried on two different devices.

Not for this chapter but another manga won’t load for me

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
So like, the demon’s not hungry anymore but he did eat a whole bunch of people. Is that going to be dealt with?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

SyntheticPolygon posted:

No the world has been destroyed

Ah dang

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Mraagvpeine posted:

What's the other one?

Chainsaw Man, I assume

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
So if the demon is no longer a threat to the world, what will happen to the captain, whose only driving animus is his desire to kill the demon?