Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Nothing could prepare me for sexy fabio Senshi. And Senshi seems weirdly into being sexy useless elf. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Cryophage posted:

Wasn't the guy leading the dwarf lady's new group a halfling mage?

He was gnome mage IIRC.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Honestly, those mushrooms are amazing and you could probably build a whole new branch of entertainment industry out of them, so boo on the party for not letting Laius keep them.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Did Senshi just propose that the solution to the whole Farlyn issue would be to just eat her?

And did Laius just agree. :stonk:

Also lovely cat continues being great and lovely. (slightly more great and less lovely this time)

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
The elves own, which is a something I was convinced I would never write.

Also the dark skinned elf (Sishys?) is disturbingly giddy about killing people and seems to be just a smug rear end in a top hat in general.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
He is prettier than female Marcielle. :allears:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

MikeSevigny posted:

The implication in earlier chapters was that the elves were some kind of sinister force, but now I'm wondering if this team just had a Dirty Pair-like reputation for killing as many people as they saved and that's why nobody wanted them to get involved.

Yea, they look like group that would, if left unchecked, cause massive collateral damage while having nothing but good intentions in mind and basically trying to do their best. :allears:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah, I did not expect that the Captain would single-handedly own the Mad Sorceror and Dragon Farin like that. :stare: . Teleportation magic is pretty broken.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Other option is that she is actually ancient, and a big deal in elven society, but doesn't want to make fuss about it. Like not 20.000 years but thousand plus.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I mean you could easily adapt everything from beginning until Farlyns resurrection and subsequent draconification, into a single, strong, relatively self-contained season that would end with a suitably dramatic twist and a sequel hook. Then you would do a new season once there is enough material for one. If it works for Attack on Titan, Houseki no Kuni(yea, I know, but shut up, there will be a second season!) or Vinland Saga, it should work for Dungeon Meshi too. :shrug:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Good rule of thumb: if someone shows you a tempting vision of future that will come to pass if you help them, don't trust that person/creature, ever. Winged Lion seems to be a bit of a doofus, but I will be genuinely surprised if freeing him from his prison ends up being a good idea.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Misurn and Kabru are a great couple and Misurn asking Kabru what he wants to do and then running off with him was :kimchi:. The lore dump was great as well. Dungeon Meshi being fantasy Doom owns

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Just lol if you think there won't be at least one food made out of demon before the manga ends.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Surprise! Senshi is extremely good boy, as if that was ever in question...:3:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
What if....Laius eats the demon AND establishes nice dungeon society?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Wallrod posted:

It'd be perfect for an old-style OVA, just covering a few of the best chapters with really nice art and attention to detail, not expecting viewers to want much intro to the story/characters or a firm story ending. But a full-rear end anime would need to be 2+ cours to really go somewhere with the story and characters and that'd just be monkey paw curls all year long unless some absurdly rich fan just dumptrucks money onto a studio. The dragon+farlyn chapters might make a good feature-length thing too, just for the animation spectacle, and to do Big Lore Wheelies for people new to the manga, but it'd be a pretty downer ending to finish somewhere around Farlyn going away again

...Not really? Everything from the beginning up to revival of Farlyn, with fight with the red dragon and their reunion with Farlyn as a finale is pretty much ideal for anime adaption. At roughly 28 chapters, it's just enough material for a single cour at a pace of roughly 2-3 chapters per episode which is a pretty good pace for a monthly manga adaptations. (Vinland Saga adaptation, for example, had roughly the same pace). That would give you a great, self-contained season, that would do a pretty good job demonstrating what Dungeon Meshi is about, while having a pretty ok ending. I agree that everything after that is a bit harder to adapt, because there is no clear moment to end the future seasons on, but IMHO the theoretical season 1 of Dungeon Meshi anime is pretty much locked on.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
This chapter was a goddamn rollercoaster. :stare:

As another person who finished Freiren recently, it's kinda funny that we now have another series with an elf traumatized by the difference in lifespan between her and her friends. Also yep, dat lion is evil.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Mikl posted:

Actual lol at Thistle looking at everything in the dungeon and going "What the gently caress is going on here"

Yeah that was great. :allears:

Extremely strong chapter. I said it several times, but it bears repeating: I absolutely love Dungeon Meshi Canaries. They are all just a bunch of weird doofuses and are pretty much the best elves ever. Also that one half-naked(?) and tattooed (?) Canary with twin tails absolutely wants to transform into monster.

Also also the new pitch black elf with same colored fairy that got kicked down the pit is extremely powerful.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
The ending will be Laius and Farlyn happily living as monsters in demon-infested wasteland that was once the surface world.:unsmigghh:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Wait, I know that there were theories about it, but isn't Thistle calling Marcille half-elf the first time her lineage was brought up in the manga?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
This was probably the most light-hearted total party kill I have ever seen.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
The dragons are behaving like a bunch of barely trained house cats, its great.

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Dec 15, 2020

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Dungeon Meshi dragons behaving like huge, scaly cats continues to be great. :allears:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Rubellavator posted:

I think Laius is being set up as the Dungeon Master and Marcille is going to oppose that and the lion.

Yeah, I actually felt like this chapter helped to establish that Laios has a solid talent for magic and is a pretty quick learner, to make the whole idea of him turning into Dungeon Master (who has to know some magic) seem less far-fetched.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

also yeah feels like more and more we are heading into a marcille dungeon master swerve

Yeah, between her being hungover, her having the tome right there and her being alone with the captain, who is extremely powerful, hostile towards anything demon related and not exactly the most reasonable individual, her panicking and hastily making the pact with the demon to defend herself/save the group seems extremely likely.

Also I usually hate elves, but Canaries are incredible and are pretty high on the ladder of my favorite characters in DM. :allears:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I was pretty ambivalent about the ninja girls, and Shiro's group in general, but these Dungeon guides have convinced me that they are all extremely strong. :3:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yeeep, so Marcille did summon a demon and became the lord of the dungeon as expected, although the path there was a bit more circuitous. Well poo poo.

Also pour one for poor Kabru, just standing there, suffering, for like third chapter in a row. :allears:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Mithrun getting pissed and going all in with his powers was incredibly badass, a pity his opponents were 1) an immortal demon and 2) Marcille who I absolutely didn't want to see merked. :v:

Also looks like the finale will be our remaining protagonists and Canaries against Dungeon Master Marcille, Resurrected Farlin v2 and the demon? With hopefully peaceful-ish resolution.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
What are you talking about? She completely ignored Kabru's true lineage being that of half man and half parasitic wasp. :colbert:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Kabru and his party probably benefited the most out of all side-characters from Dungeon Meshi bible (at least so far, I have high hopes for Canaries). I didn't consider them very interesting outside of Kabru before, now I want spin-off where they are the main focus. :allears:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

RatHat posted:

Next two chapters of the Adventurer's bible are out. This time it's about Mithrun and the canaries.

So since Mithrun's dungeon was only 40 years ago(and shortly after that was Utaya) if the demon is a single entity then it can apparently be in multiple places at once.
Also it's pretty scary that Mithrun is completely undefeated in dungeons.

You could guess sentences for most of convicts in Canaries just from their appearence and behavior, outside of Otta. Holy hell, Otta. :staredog:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Every story about how Laius saved someone ending with "and then he made us eat some weird poo poo made out of monsters" is just :allears:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Funnily enough, I think that would be pretty much an ideal ending for Laios. Touring dungeons all over the world and trying to cook and taste monsters within them, while elves pay for it.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Being a mage with linked familiar in Dungeon Meshi really, really sucks.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I hope The End of All Things appears in the main series. :allears:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Dunno, Thistle seems like he really just wanted to summon a bunch of cool monsters for his cool dungeon and is pretty miffed that he has to deal with the whole "dungeon ecology" thing.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Mikl posted:

Also he's hot. Hot people are always good.

He (It? They?) has definitely some very nice legs. :heysexy:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Nebrilos posted:

Especially Chilchak, who has only another ~15 years or so, he really isn't tempted by the prospect?

Imagine being a year or two away from retirement and then suddenly having to work another 800+ years before getting it...

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Dog Kisser posted:

"that's quite an outfit"

She has what would be the default outfit for Queen of Elves in most of fantasy settings, but in Dungeon Meshi it just looks utterly ridiculous and its great. :allears:

Otherwise it's just short and nice chapter to further demonstrate just how hard did the poo poo just hit the fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Guess im the odd one out in the thread!

I dont want the elves to die. And apart from the fur skirt i think Marcille’s new outfit is kinda cool

e: Unicorn horn as a makeshift weapon is a cool idea

Same.

Canaries are pretty cool for a bunch of elf assholes, meanwhile, Marcille is also an (half-) elf and is currently the most terrifying version of chunibyo: the one who has the power to make all their delusions a reality, so I was firmly on Team Canaries on this one. :colbert: