Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

ghost sex
May 19, 2013
second trailer is here!!! jan 4!!!!!!! i'm going to loving explode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtpYObV4c1Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghost sex
May 19, 2013

DrSunshine posted:

I was reading through the manga and got to some of the bonus chapters. Link

lol it's the crying elf from the early chapters. Why is she always tearful?? Even in this extra portrait ahahahaha!

considering falin is squinty because of nearsightedness, i wouldn't put it past kui to have some design reason like "yeah she has chronic hay fever"

ghost sex
May 19, 2013
several characters eat the same things but show up at different heat levels so it's more likely the chart indicates how spicy they requested their meals to be rather than how spicy kui perceives those specific dishes

ghost sex
May 19, 2013
in addition to the modern AU illustrations the daydream hours tend to showcase characters' mundane day to days (how someone puts on their armor or does their hair), insights into how different characters interact with each other without dialogue, designs for different races that never show up in the manga, and occasionally short comics. lots of minor world/character-building that wouldn't fit in the main manga or the more strictly organized adventurer's bible

ghost sex
May 19, 2013
if you look at kui's full-color illustrations (as well as the covers), izutsumi's 'white' parts tend to be painted with pink skin, sometimes with a light white down on top when she can be more detailed in her painting. the anime had to pick one or the other and went the 'this person is obviously a weird hybrid' route

ghost sex
May 19, 2013
chapter 55 has been my bet. great cliffhanger and matches the pace set by the first twelve eps adapting four total volumes

e: the adventurer's bible is pretty unambiguous about the skintone thing i think

ghost sex fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Mar 29, 2024

ghost sex
May 19, 2013
there's a short comic in one of the daydream hours that's an immediate follow-up to that scene (and removes any ambiguity):

ghost sex
May 19, 2013

Sander posted:

Wow, is that another side-comic? Someone please share, I’m not aware of that.

Dungeon Meahinis a gift that keeps giving.

you can't leave this boy unsupervised for a minute

ghost sex
May 19, 2013
every single time laios obliviously backs kabru into a corner is delightful

a man whose words and deeds are so out of pocket it triggers a social chameleon's fight or flight

ghost sex
May 19, 2013
they condensed the seven chapters of red dragon into 3 episodes and even tossed in an eighth chapter in the third ep. i honestly wasn't sure that this last episode would manage to fit everything in since chimera is an extra long chapter, but action sequences are easier to get across in animation and can be made more concise. all of which to say i still have hope for a chapter 55 cliffhanger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghost sex
May 19, 2013
it's the pelt of monster laios that sloughed off him (they found normal-sized chunks on the beach while searching for him in chapter 92); you can see the feathers from the eagle head there and in later panels