Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

DrSunshine posted:

Clarification: there is no fanservice or tone-deaf sex stuff. Not that I can recall at least. It actually gently pokes fun at this when Marcille, the elf, gets grabbed by a moving vine, and then Laius says to her "Being held firmly, but not uncomfortably like that must feel pretty good." And then Marcille makes this :catstare: face at him. It's great.

EDIT: Also I am so waiting on someone to cook up a D&D adventure module based on this setting. With all the detailed worldbuilding I think it'd be fairly easy!

I wrote some monster cooking rules! https://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/SkXP2f25m

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Hahaha, thanks!

I'm fine with it being in the OP.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jackard posted:

I can't load this for some reason..? It's just a blank page.

try a different browser?

if that doesn't work maybe this?

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

http://busket.tumblr.com/post/178271099618/delicious

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I don't get what the changeling mushrooms do. Why'd they replace a griffin with a hippogriff?

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

eonwe posted:

I marathoned through this

good as hell

:yeah:

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
what's the right column, gnomes?

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

DrSunshine posted:

Wait wait. Hold on. I just thought of something.

Did they just find a resolution to the whole My-Sister-Is-A-Half-Dragon-Griffin-Monstrosity problem? Like, what if they get Farlyn to step in one of those circles? Would she possibly morph into something less dangerous, that they could restore her from?

Laius also thought of that in the chapter that just came out

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

RatHat posted:

I assume the spores would fall off over time, washing is just the quick way. Still seems like a fun toy for rich people. Maybe it can't live outside the dungeon or something.

they make you die if you don't wash them off it seems

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

amigolupus posted:

Yeah, the spores themselves aren't toxic, or else that would have been brought up.

not a very good survival strat is it? the spores have to wait years for the animal to die and if it rains once during those times they get washed off

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Artificer posted:

Oh my god I just got to the part where Laius murders Marcille's kid.

It took me a minute to remember when this happened

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I don't think those guys are far from the populated part of the dungeon, it's unlikely that nobody would go near the room in the three days it takes them to die of thirst

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It's just magic that happens when something dungeon-like forms. Marcille and Farlyn are able to invoke weird dungeon magic by making miniature dungeons in essentially pitri dishes.

It's probably impossible to explain dungeons forming naturally without invoking magic. So essentially, a wizard did it.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Antitonic posted:

Luckily, homebrew has you covered, should you need it.

https://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/SkXP2f25m

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
we never got to see what was in marcille's letter because it was a love letter

I bet her dream has to do with her fears of outliving everyone she knows, especially Farlyn.

Though the increasingly likely half-elf theory kind-of conflicts with that? I guess even as a half-elf she would still outlive them.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Laius's type is obviously some kind of horrible monster

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So unless there's a big fakeout (not entirely unlikely), the winged lion is a demon. Which explains why it chose Laius, because he has weird as gently caress desires. Does this mean the whole kingdom that exists down in the dungeon is another fake world? The people in there seem to have their desires eaten, which would indicate they are in fact real people even if the world itself is fake.

Winged lion says he created the dungeon at Thistle's request, though that could be simply bullshit.

Could be forgetting stuff, but I think Thistle discovered something was wrong and sealed the lion before it could eat consume any more desires. That's why he and the villagers are missing the desire for things like food but aren't completely drained.

We still don't have the slightest idea what the gently caress is up with the red dragon that turned into half of Farlyn. Maybe it swooped down into the dungeon and rescued the inhabitants from being completely consumed by the lion? And then Thistle got snapped out of it (though still largely insane) and sealed the lion right the gently caress up.

Also baffling is the end of chapter 53, in which the canaries indicate they're deliberately feeding the demon's desires for some reason?

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
what was Thistle's actual stated motivation, it's been so long I can't remember

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The lion evidently has not been granting Thistle poo poo for a very long time, because Thistle locked it up. It seems like the dungeon is dying on its own?