Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I just finished binging the manga in between episodes of the anime and I just want to say: what an incredible bit of fantasy storytelling. The way it slowly expands its scope, the bringing in new characters but always remaining laser-focused on the central themes - it's just fantastic! There's so much I'm excited to see animated now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Snooze Cruise posted:

Again I want to shout out her one shots if people haven't read them yet. If you dig high concepts unfolding into something else its kinda her main mode of work. Wolves Tell No Lies and Distant Utopia are up there in regards to best one shots I ever read.

Wolves Tell No Lies even has who I would say is a prototype Laois.

I'm doing so immediately.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

The Members of the Inutani Household may be my favourite so far.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

The punchline for Perfect Communication is fantastic lmao.

edit: OK yeah I get the praise for Distant Utopia, wow.

Metis of the Chat Thread fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Feb 7, 2024

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I never noticed Kaka's alarmed face in the double panel of the twins there lmao.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Snooze Cruise posted:

ONE WEEK! ONE WEEK! ONE WEEK!

I can't wait

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Goddd, this episode was amazing. What a story, and what a great adaptation.

The cut to the upbeat ED after finding Falin's skull was fantastic lmao.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Jerkface posted:

Kui's hyper androgenous elves own

I thought I had it figured it out but then she has the one elf who gets mistaken for male but is a woman (and a dirtbag lesbian only dates short-lived women and breaks up with them before they hit thirty)

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Snooze Cruise posted:

otta is the worst and i love her

absolutely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I read the manga about six episodes ago and it was exciting coming back to the next episode watching the OP and seeing how many characters it included