Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Extremely important thread

https://x.com/gaearth/status/1758134409788822011?s=46

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The two chapters in this episode are wildly dense with threads that'll eventually get elaborated on. It's kind of crazy how much was already locked in this early, and that what they bring up is never awkwardly placed.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

don Jaime posted:

Pretty sure it’s the bicorn.

I just reread that chapter and it struck me as really funny that they all just assume that Laios is corrupt enough for the bicorn and are surprised that he's not.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Pureauthor posted:

Also he has no idea why the marriage fell apart, I guarantee he spent quite a few sleepless nights wondering if he did in fact do something horrible without realising it.

Yeah that's what I thought too, he doesn't think he's a virtuous husband.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The Chilchuck half of this episode is one of my favorite chapters. Everyone in Dungeon Meshi cares about everyone else so much :qq:

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Senshi's biggest flaws are single-mindedness and a lack of self awareness, which gets himself and the party almost killed multiple times (think the kelpie, and blowing up the red dragon). I get how he can feel overly perfect, as he's uniquely suited to the dungeon, and people almost die all the time in this series. But like, I don't think he sticks out too much or anything like that.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Lt. Lizard posted:

So ultimately, every member of the party has a shot for being considered as the one with the least character flaws, except Laios. :v:

Honestly it's more like this:

https://x.com/kellyonelani/status/1777047048782761992?s=46

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I guess we're spoilering new episode stuff? It rules that that all the previews for the episode were Izutsumi stuff so the back half being this wild trip is something of a surprise, Lol. But Trigger nailed it, very very cool.