Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Any reactions / reviews of e1 around if they showed it at a panel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Algorithm found me this channel, which seems good! Analysis of some of the more technical aspects of the animation. There's some one-frame gags in e3 I didn't notice and a bunch of background stuff.

I was gonna post it in the other thread but it has direct manga comparisons so someone would probably get mad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6f0EM35iOw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ7OUXUh94Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kmoFxFf-II
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOB4rNwJd44

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

In the manga wasn't the elf in the painting described as 'she' and then it's a surprise later, or was that just like a bad translation that got fixed?

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Looks like the convo with Namari and the twins might actually be cut, though it could still go in later during some downtime. Lot to squeeze into this one.

Missed Senshi spelunking for Laios's leg in the dragon's mouth but it's not exactly crucial. Maybe could have had Marcille say 'senshi found your leg' instead of taking credit and making it seem like it was just... lying around? But whatever, not huge.

E: to be clear, great ep. I just find the little differences interesting.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Mar 14, 2024

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Could also be the Alita clause.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

DrSunshine posted:

I'm looking forward to Marcille's "Dark Magic Witch" scene. :unsmigghh:
]

gently caress yeah

😔This coulda had a little more. I wanted a luxurious shot of her letting her hair down...

Also the hug could have used a beat to emphasize? I felt the same about the shot of the frog costumes earlier. Just a couple seconds hold woulda made them better imo.

Minor stuff! Still elated! But, just saying.

E: spoilered because I watched right when it went up.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Think we get a new OP?

One we have now is still excellent but I've always thought it was kinda... plain. There are scads more characters to show off that will be popping up in relatively short order, and the story has absolutely taken a turn. I could see waiting for the full Falin reveal? But typically if you get one it's now.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

The song is so good and the series is so good that listening to it can make me tear up a little. But I think the only real thing to spoil is Falin? So just give her a headshot towards the end. I mean the ninjas are gonna be in and out in the next handful of episodes but one in particular is gonna stay around and deserves more than a tail in the OP.

speaking of,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eml1l1y-EIA

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I guess it depends if you consider character reveals spoilers. Plenty of anime show people off in the OP for a bit before they appear. Kabru's party, the ninja team with Asebi to keep her a little under wraps, the elves closer to shore or arriving...

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Winged Lion should clearly be voiced by the same guy that does the narration.

This is such a good idea I might actually be disappointed if it doesn't happen.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Yeah curry type and curry spiciness are not always directly related to me. might be different in Japan (or, you know, anywhere in SEA) but you usually pick the one you want AND the spiciness. There's some amount of crossover, like a vindaloo is probably gonna be baseline spicier but places around here will let you order a mild one if you want. Note even that Falin gets spicy cream croquette on second day but... Kiki? gets a mild one.

Report on Reddit from some tweets from people who saw the theatrical presentation of 11-13 that we're getting a new OP / ED.

I bet the new OP is at the end of ep 13, like the first OP was credits on e1.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Mar 26, 2024

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

RuBisCO posted:

I'm in Japan right now and I'm deeply contemplating picking up her Daydream Hour collection or waiting on a hypothetical English licence

get me one?

New PV up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUJFsL_rE6E

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Re-reading again, I think that they could... skip changelings (50-52) for now, ending on Griffin Soup (49) for the main party and on floor 1 for 'upstairs' (55)?

I think Floor One is more important to get to as a climax so the Canaries do something this season, otherwise it's a big tease. Bacon and Eggs is probably a better place to leave off the main party and it has some super good moments, but you can't get there without Dumplings first and I dunno what you compress to make room for it.

I hope they're not shooting for Succubus, means rushing through some stuff...

E:

14 - Sea Serpent 1 / Dryad (31,33)
15 - Sea Serpent 2 / Cockatrice (32,34)
16 - Cleaners / Sake (35,36)
17 - Harpy / Chimera (37,38)
18 - Shapshifter 1+2 (39,40)
19 - Hag + Nightmare (41,42)
20 - Ice Golem / Barometz (43,44)
21 - Egg / Golden Country (45,46)
22 - Griffin / / Floor 1 1 (47,53)
23 - Familiars / Floor 1 2 (48,54)
24 - Griffin Soup / Floor 1 4 (49,55)

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Mar 29, 2024

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Now I'm waffling. Bacon and eggs does have them forming a plan and talking about the A plot in a way I think would be good to end a season. So... split up Egg some more, sprinkle it out over a couple eps. I also like them interleaving the outside and inside, it would be weird to go out on an ep where the main party doesn't appear (ie,if they did floor 1 in one chunk)

Revised:

14 - Sea Serpent 1 / Dryad (31,33)
15 - Sea Serpent 2 / Cockatrice (32,34)
16 - Cleaners / Sake (35,36)
17 - Harpy / Chimera (37,38)
18 - Shapshifter 1+2 (39,40)
19 - Hag + Nightmare (41,42)
20 - Ice Golem / Barometz / Egg (43,44,45)
21 - Golden Country / Gryphon / Egg (46,47,45)
22 - Familiar / Griffin Soup / Floor 1 1 (48,49,53)
23 - Dumplings 1+2 / Floor 1 2 (51,52,,54)
24 - Bacon and Eggs / Floor 1 4 (53,55)

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Pureauthor posted:

We just got this episode and I cannot loving wait for next week's one.

But its already up???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS7W-Ps3mqE

They cut out a lot but I think they got the essence.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

We're in the zone where I super wonder what they're going to compress or where the season will end again. The episode preview says next whole ep is shapeshifters, and I was wondering if they might try to squish that down but looks like no.

It's possible that Canaries don't actually do anything this season, cliffhanger it at them just entering floor 1 or something?

Which is more likely, Canaries barely entering or Trigger skipping Dumplings till next season?

Floor 1 also presents some pretty perfect season cliffhangers.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Terrifying Effigies posted:

They've pretty consistently kept to no more than 2-3 chapters an episode and they've kept in pretty much everything so far. At the current pace the season should wrap up with Kabru & Mithrun falling with Thistle & Falin from the 1st floor.

How though? At 2 per with no substitutes

E18 Shapeshifters 1+2
E19 Hag+Nightmare
E20 Ice Golem + Barometz
E21 Egg + Golden Co
E22 Griffin + Familiars
E23 Griff soup, Dumpling 1
E24 Dumpling 2, bacon and egg.

Floor 1 is 3 chapters. So to end at the point you say, we have to squeeze in at least three triple header eps into this list. What gets shaved down?

I mean ideal case is this is secretly a 13 ep cour but everything I've seen always says 24 total.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Order might also shift around a little so we don't spend the last episode entirely on the upstairs crew. My best guess right now is we do like

E22 Griffin, floor 1 1
E23 Familiar, floor 1 2
E24 Griffin soup, floor 1 3

Which gives us a climax for Senshi's mini arc and a cliffhanger for the canaries, but no changelings or tram ride this season.

Timeline wise, the events of floor 1 all take place prior to or during shapeshifters anyway so it doesn't really mess anything up.

Or get up to bacon and eggs and have cliffhanger being the Canaries heading down the stairs into the dungeon maybe.

Or have some but not all of floor 1, cliffhanger when Falin shows up or when it looks like Mithrun is gonna kill her. But this also needs more space.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I deffo think bacon and egg + floor 1 is the best place to end this narrative wise, I just don't see a way to actually do that in practice so it's a question of compromise.

Can't do bacon and egg without the whole changeling arc first imo, so it kind of comes down to picking either floor 1 or changelings and cutting the other.

I'd much rather them not compress or wholly skip content even if it's at the sake of a banger season end... Because assuming they don't rush things to squeeze in content the banger will still be coming whenever we get next season 🙏🙏📿

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I think it's much more obvious in the anime due to camera movement. The motion gives it more clear connective tissue; in manga or comics the gutters between panels break it up up enough that it can be hard to notice at a glance when something like that slips in.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I'm surprised it took this long for bad food opinions to creep into this thread.

We were too concerned about the dungeon meshis, we forgot about the actual meshis...

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

What are your secret Japanese curry ingredients?

I usually do ketchup, apple, worchestershire. Maybe some cocoa powder for beef curry, honey for chicken. Caramelized onion, in addition to thick cut onion that goes in later.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

https://twitter.com/ProZD/status/1788648526043545653?t=FMaDaaAwYR6QL_DufK97zQ&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Most of the fanart I've seen is very much more on the 'cute cat' side of the spectrum. I mean I'm sure there are people out there who think she's hot but majority of horniest art is Farcille stuff.

No I am not asking for evidence to the contrary.

Also we'll see what happens after next week, which may contain a question on her nipples.