Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

love this manga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

great chapter… and yet, I want more!!

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

this has been one of my favourite rpg-flavoured stories ever and I’m glad we’re about to get a bunch of merch for it

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

left 4 bread rear end thread

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

sisconsommé

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

(a new dungeon meshi chapter comes out) alltimer manga.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

ahem. were you two just talking about scraps? because they’re really cool and useful actually. well, see ya.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

when it’s completed this is going to be one of the few manga I’m going to reread nose to tail, the series has so many good moments that I’m looking forward to experiencing again

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

that full-page of lion-clad laios… I almost teared up. alltimer manga.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

you are right. that boy ate

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

if I start a reread now maybe I’ll time it just perfect to finish when the series does

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

doublepost and I don’t see them post here much anymore but monstrous thanks to #EverydayHeroes, Apoptosis and HouseofGlass for such high-level scanlation work. The end-of-chapter glossaries for dungeon meshi (and for golden kamuy) are some of the best in the game. thanks for your efforts in making this series accessible and popular among english-speakers.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

laios doesn’t just want to eat monsters, he’s a certified monster freak who wants to understand everything about them and also hang out with them. them being deathly terrified of him sucks a lot but at least he’s got his sister back

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

senshi after red dragon fight: I’m glad I didn’t eat my friend :cry:

senshi after winged lion fight: I’m glad we’re going to eat our friend :colbert:

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

fire wok with me

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

me to my friends who enjoyed the netflix one piece

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

I don’t own any physical dungeon meshi volumes but I saw the bible for a nice 20% off today and had to cop

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

ruri on notice

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

of all the food the party ate on their journey I think I’d most be excited to try grilled mimic

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

I wouldn't go on this site without a solid adblock on but it was the first result for "dungeon meshi oneshot english"

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

incredible taste, prodigious output, novel worldbuilding that draws from the familiar, lovable characters, stunning sense of style. we simply have no choice

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

ryoko kui play disco elysium :pray:

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

VideoWitch posted:

she did it's mentioned in the interview

I didnt click through to the tweet and missed it so Im now amending my prayer to ryoko kui please draw disco elysium fanart :pray:

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

no elves, but an innocence is like a lord of the dungeon for the entire world

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

the something awful forums > general bullshit > everyone’s/neurotic > warrior put merman eggs in my food even though he knows I boycott them

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

namari bailing immediately is at least somewhat understandable considering she’s got to work hard to dig out of the stigma her father consigned her to but shuro leaving is the real early characterization question mark, considering farlyn was his (in his perception) almost-fiance and the letter of resignation he left said that he had gotten an offer from another party

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

yeah but none of that comes through in chapter 1

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

that’s all fine as backfilled lore but like with namari’s characterization none of that comes through in chapter 1

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

DrSunshine posted:

Not every manga author starts off chapter 1 with every single character idea, worldbuilding concept, story beat, and arc fully conceived. I'm sure some do, but for many others it's a process that is developed over time, starting with a few clear ideas fleshed out, a general plot progression, and the first few chapters written.

this is not a bad thing nor was I criticizing it :shrug:

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

I hope these post-credits never stop

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

separate short-form anime adaptation that’s just five-minute renditions of the omake

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

I really want to buy this but am patiently waiting for an english translation so I don’t have to sticker up the cards

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/371794/monster-eater

the art is so good…

https://gigazine.net/gsc_news/en/20220831-monster-eater-dangeon-meshi-review/

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

the most villainous thing laios does in the series is trick the party into eating merman eggs c/d

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

*guy whose got 2k hours in dwarf fortress* getting a lot of dwarf fortress vibes from this narrative…

also she wrote a comic about not being able to play that exact game