Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

willie_dee posted:

What the hell am I watching

no really will what the gently caress are we watching

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
good to see Frank Mir not have too much more head trauma. i thought he looked better than i was expecting. i thought he might have won 2 rounds. that said,

seeing him in the ring with the D'Amelio sisters is currently causing me to dissociate

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
come see my new thriller movie: two hours of late career tyron woodley

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
tyron does look fresher

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
good recovery by paul

think i have it 4-1 paul so far

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Combo posted:

I have no idea what that last round was, it was close though. Maaaaaaaaybe 3-2 Paul but if it's 4-1 I wouldn't be surprised either.

ya, same. either 4-2 or 5-1 now imo

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
paul either 7-1 or 6-2 or 5-3 imo

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
that score for woodley is kinda indefensible imo

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

jabro posted:

Split on a fix.

yeah lol

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
what a loving fight

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
I’d like to see him fight Usyk, Joyce, Joshua, Ruiz, and Ngannou in any order. so hopefully he has 5ish fights in him at least.

i think Joyce is going to be the one to beat him, it only because “Gypsy King dethroned by Joe Joyce” is a headline that could have been written anytime in the last 40 years and it would be very funny that it would this Joe Joyce. i’m sure Tyson is related to the other one somehow

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

i hope this happens. i know this is boxing and it's always like this, but I thought a year or two ago that it would be really nice to see Fury, Joshua, Wilder, Ruiz, and Usyk all fight each other. The fact that they've only each fought one or two of each other is very silly.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
lol boxing

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Kween posted:

I'm not a boxing fan but didn't fury get tooled there? Please explain the scoring for me

welcome to the sport, friend. the fight was in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. the Saudi Arabian government, as part of a massive sportswashing campaign, seemed to spend about a billion and a half dollars on this one fight to start something called Riyadh Season. as part of Riyadh Season, they have Fury already committed--before the fight--to have his next fight against Oleksandr Usyk in late December. Ngannou winning would have really messed that timeline up. And although apparently the British commission stepped in to sanction the fight at the last minute, it was allegedly going to be self-regulated by Saudi Arabia. and generally boxing, if you don't know, is arguably the single-most corrupt sport on Earth.

so basically, IMO regardless of the actual fight, if it was at all close (and this one was close, even if I had Ngannou winning), it was 99.99999999% going to Fury. there's just too much money involved and planning already done for the Usyk match.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Kween posted:

So Ngannou got a 10-8 round and somehow fury won the other rounds he lost. Boxing judging seems a little bit wonky to me

buddy, believe it or not, this isn't even in potentially the top 25 or so hosed up decisions of the last 10-15 years.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
feels like a good time to post this to read again:

https://archive.ph/yvvKB

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Jack B Nimble posted:

drat, that was good, I didn't realize a 90's era sleazy boxing manager ended up an eloquent and apparently accomplished writer. Has anyone read his book, lowlife?

Yeah I think about that article all the time. I bought his book but haven't read it yet. Here's an excerpt if you have Defector:

https://defector.com/my-friend-is-here-to-see-the-girls

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
It’ll be interesting how much of the McNeeley treatment Jake Paul does if he continues to fight real boxers. With how much of a draw he can be, I would not be shocked if he fights a bunch of fixed matches all the way into the top whatever of a weight class. I don’t know if he’ll ever fight a for real guy in his own weight class in a for real fight, but he might be able to get some fairly big names to lie down for him if the money’s right.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Marching Powder posted:

i agree, he absolutely could, but fighting this can makes me think he wants to seriously do this. unless he's the type of guy to let his managers completely run his life and career i'm thinking he's doing this for real.

if he’s doing it for real then I would imagine his most lucrative long term fight is Canelo lol. Which means he’ll need someone relatively serious to take a dive at some point maybe. Maybe like, I dunno as much about the current boxing scene, Badou Jack in 2-3 years when he’s 43 or something. Someone takes a dove for big money, it makes the Canelo fight more marketable, and Canelo easily beats him in a huge event.

But they might not even need to get a top ranked guy. Maybe they’ll just do the fight. I think it sells better if they can get some guys to lay down though first.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

The Ninth Layer posted:

The big issue with a Jake vs Canelo fight is that a lot of boxing's revenue comes from gambler interest and there would be very little for interested gamblers to bet on in that match. You can maybe trick casual fans with a setup fight into thinking the match will be competitive, but it would have to be a hell of a setup.

I don't think Jake is fighting for money really. He was self made before he laced up. He doesn't need to work hard to land a big name fight, his survival doesn't depend on it. I genuinely believe he boxes because he gets personal satisfaction from it, he's fighting a real boxer because he's proud of his skills and wants to keep developing.

I've said this before but I'm a Jake fan and view him as a great thing for the sport at large. His career has already moved beyond the realm of a gimmick, and I think it's great to see him putting himself in fights that won't be big spectacles, when if he wanted he could just quit or keep making exhibition type matches against other YouTubers and retired MMA guys.

yeah I have nothing against Jake. but my theory is that he could get a few dive wins and then have a top 15ish guy take a dive and then get like 2 million ppv buys and a crazy gate against Canelo. Canelo will be 36 in a few years and at the point where he might like a big easy fight instead of a young killer coming up

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i wonder who the jake paul analog will be in Creed 4

it’ll be just Jake Paul if they’re smart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Jump King posted:

Now fans who have spent years acting like it was a big shame we weren’t seeing him in the ring more often will finally shut the gently caress up.

what's the story with him? is/was he good? as a casual fan, I remember seeing his Joshua KO a couple of years ago (god drat it's been 5 years) and thinking "man, it's gonna be a sick HW division if Ruiz/Joshua/Fury/Wilder all fight each other". And then Usyk a few years later with all of em. Of course that never happened because boxing. But what, he lost the rematch and got mega fat?