Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Nohman posted:

I am ready for more Rude Hero adventures in punching. Though, come to think of it, did Yuri EVER transform in a cutscene in the first game?

Yuri had pretty much totally different powers in cutscenes than in gameplay in the first game.

It would be pretty hilarious if this game opened with him doing his harmonixer thing and then in game his powers were “reattaching his own severed limbs”. Remember that from the opening of SH1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Junpei posted:

I love how Radeus is just Yuri with pale vampire skin and an anime haircut.

And a very, very badly torn shirt. The true power he gets from light form is the ability for that to stay on. Normally it's women who get stuck with the clothing that would instantly fall apart with real physics.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

The Dark Id posted:

Popping in here brings us to the Solomon's Key or the Key of Solomon. The menu itself cannot seem to make up its mind. Either way, it is a reference to the Lesser Key of Solomon an actual compiled 17th-century grimoire about demonology. It's interesting to take a look at that closely and realize like half the weirder Castlevania/Final Fantasy and what have you monsters that weren't stolen from D&D were derived from that.

I'm glad that Caim and Seere were still able to get work after the events of Drakengard. And Caim even got elected! Presumably on a campaign of "I will go murder these other people who are far away and not you".

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

C'mon, Yuri, your voice line was clearly "giant pussy". You're supposed to match the subtitle!

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Lenny is a good boss, that's rare among villains.

Pesky Splinter posted:

Yep. He's the beefy boy whose job is to smack things hard. He has only one special move, Iron Claw.

Maybe not quite that good.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Geostomp posted:

We’ve already seen that Yuri’s head is surprising crowded. People and monsters just pop in and out as they please.

I will echo Albert being treated so positively despite being such a cliche and unnecessarily cruel evil wizard in the last game being very off-putting.

TDI's additions helped a lot with that. Without those they just kind of have a friendly chat. It's like Yuri beat Albert at a board game or something instead of stopping him from murdering, y'know, everyone.

But through the power of italics the conversation actually makes sense.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

ultrafilter posted:

Just LOL if you're playing without a guide.

Actually, I'm curious - what happens if you miss an encounter with Ring Soul? Like, this one wouldn't make much sense without the previous one, and presumably the next one would be odd without this one.

Do they just go in order and it doesn't matter where you trigger them, or are they fixed per location even though sometimes it won't make sense, or what?

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

As far as a big villainous intro, it's, uh, not very?

Like, some pretty minor combat and "hey, killing this guy won't actually achieve any goals for you besides vengeance". Which is admittedly not true because presumably Nikolai still has Astaroth in him and could summon a giant doom fortress or whatever, but they don't argue with that part.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Hmm, no Platinum this time. We'll see how the gameplay ends up.

Also, seems like they might be stabilizing on the anime pretty boy protagonist and skipping the dad game this time.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Rawkking posted:

after releasing a bunch of Malice on the world which apparently was a thing that human-Nicolai wanted to do because according to his monster entry he hasn't gone full demon like Rasputin did?

Oh right, that whole releasing all the Malice thing. That doesn't seem like it's done a whole lot to Japan, huh?

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Is Karin an instantly recognizably German name? In early 1900s Japan?

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Poor Garan. You really wanted to be imposing, and you failed utterly, and everyone else in the game knows.

Maybe you should have taught people to levitate instead of being a miniboss - it's a much more rewarding career, and you die less often.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

It's nice that Kato is so polite about declaring that he's going to destroy the world unless Yuri stops him.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

I think if my office building was being used by one Kaiju to beat up a lot of others, unionizing and deadlines would be fairly low on my priority list. "Get out before the building shatters or I get thrown into a wall at bone crushing speed" would maybe be more important.

I also have some concerns about trading moldy rice to the guy who apparently knows how to turn mold into worldwide Sarin Gas or something, but he gave us the research paper and I'm sure it's the only copy and he doesn't remember anything about writing it.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

The Dark Id posted:

How long do you think he's going to talk?
Don't worry. This is his last weapon. Let him get it all out of his system.

It's awful hard to tell with this game, but did it actually go full meta or should this be in italics?

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

...! posted:

The game is correct about Henri's HP. It has to do with the way it's worded.

1200 is three times more than 300, like the game says. It's 300 + (300 * 3).

1200 is four times as much as 300. It's 300 * 4.

Sounds like the term is inconsistent because I have never heard "X times more" used the way you just did.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

It is extremely surprising that the two animals shown are horses, because they have paws and not hooves. And are sitting in a way that horses definitely can't.

I guess it makes sense that on top of murdering the whole party and getting them lost in the woods forever, Lucia is also very bad at basic animal identification.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

It really is kind of sad how badly they halfassed the Solomon trials. Like, I get if you want to include boss rematches for completionist photographers... but maybe the final trial of an optional gauntlet isn't the right place for enemies which die just from watching Joachim flex at this point?

On the bright side it sounds like we're heading to the high point of the endgame. Let's see some Festive Mans.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Surprisingly benevolent of the game to skip 60 levels like that. I guess "40 stories of MAN" just doesn't have the same ring to it as 100.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Joachim truly has the most honest magical girl transformation.

I did not expect the quest to end like that. Truly a celebration of all things man. Needs more consent though.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Poor Mutant Apes. They really didn't have much going on. At least they got more respect than floating pillow baby guy.

Die a lot or kill a lot, the god bath police aren't picky. They wouldn't have minded the god stabbing and really gross bath but he also streamed it and that's just not right.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Poor Kato. At least he didn't get killed in a single round of punches by Yuri. Maybe he should have just retired after making a weird clone of his waifu and two other random dudes. Or before that. With a little effort he could have been a party member in this game - imagine what that chin could do if it was on your side!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Qrr posted:

Poor Kato. At least he didn't get killed in a single round of punches by Yuri.

Looks like I spoke too soon.

Thanks for the LP!