Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Moon Knight is coming to Disney Plus March 30th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZn0I87zXeY

Here's a trailer for those of you who hate the MCU but still watch every thing they put out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I can't wait for this. Moon Knight was one of my favorites as a kid and I spent hours redrawing panels from the comic. FIST OF KHONSHU, motherfuckers.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
gently caress yeah

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I'll watch anything with Oscar Isaac.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Is it me or does the Roku AMC+ app just take the cake as the absolute worst streaming app? Unless I'm missing something, there's no option for autoplay next episode, and it doesn't even show you what's been watched so you have to remember where you left off. To top it off it moves the show to the corner of the screen to advertise other things, but it doesn't do it during the credits like other apps, it does it before the show is even over

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Violence of R rated batman with the sleep deprived psychosis of Oscar Isaac sounds cool. Add in Disney's Marvel and it sounds decidedly uncool.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Did anyone watch How I met your father yet? I'm dying to know how bad it is but I have to wait till tonight.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Tagichatn posted:

I'll watch anything with Oscar Isaac.

I never knew I needed to hear him with an English accent. I'm in love again.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Nihonniboku posted:

Here's a trailer for those of you who hate the MCU but still watch every thing they put out.
Oh hey

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Basebf555 posted:

I got into Columbo recently and I've never seen a show that is so repetitive and yet so consistently entertaining within the same formula episode after episode. Columbo pretty much does the same thing every episode but I'll be damned if I don't want to see him do it every time.

After a while you start wanting to DO Columbo things. I've taken to lurking in other people's conservatories myself.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
You also stop right before you leave any room, then say "...just one more thing."

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Violence of R rated batman with the sleep deprived psychosis of Oscar Isaac sounds cool. Add in Disney's Marvel and it sounds decidedly uncool.

You might be digging too deep there broski

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Kingtheninja posted:

Did anyone watch How I met your father yet? I'm dying to know how bad it is but I have to wait till tonight.

I started it but ditched out after the first commercial break. It wasn't especially terrible or anything but it feels very dated and trying to be too much like something I let go of a long time ago. Which isn't a surprise, just kind of lame.

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

Really enjoyed like 90% of Archive 81 as someone who really liked the podcast (the third season in particular I thought was absolutely fantastic.)

TV show finale spoilers (also potential season 2 spoilers if they renew it) : The ending really didn't land for me at all. At first I thought I was unfairly comparing it to the podcast and not allowing it to be it's own thing but after thinking it over it just feels like everyone starts acting extremely out of character in the last 20 minutes of the season. I was really hoping that when Dan was looking out the window at the end that he'd see a weird hosed up alien landscape since it would've been a neat way to introduce the completely bonkers direction the 2nd season of the podcast goes into but him just swapping time periods with Melody just felt really lame. I hope it was a budget issue and that if it does get renewed they can get a little more cash to get into the really cool event horizon type poo poo that happens in the podcast

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Finally catching up on the Mission Impossible series after i left off with the 2nd ages ago when I saw it as a kid. Prime and Paramount+ collectively have the entire series.
Bout to watch Fallout, which some say is the best so far, I'm glad Rogue Nation was a step up over the disappointment that was MI4 for me but I still rank things
3 > 5 > 4
Phillip Seymour Hoffman is just so so memorable in his villain role, he invests the film with a one of a kind menace that the series still hasn't ever delivered on again. They seem to have forgotten how important that is, like the villain in Ghost Protocol is a blank space and the chinless weasel they got for Rogue Nation was only a marginal step up. It doesn't help that they really didn't give either any truly memorable moments like PSH. I think Abrams did the best job in the director's seat as well.
Plus I preferred the team in 3, Jeremy Renner is kind of always a whatever to me and their choice to increasingly expand Simon Pegg's role is making me realize how much I find him obnoxious in basically anything that isnt Edgar Wright/britcom. 3 just has a better cast, Lawrence Fishburne is waaaay more fun than Alec Baldwin and you even get a pre-Breaking Bad Aaron Paul.

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jan 19, 2022

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Mission Impossible 3 might be one of my favorite action movies of all time, definitely the best of the bunch, though they're all pretty good.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
I will not have Sean Harris slandered in such a manner.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

I will not have Sean Harris slandered in such a manner.
Sorry haha I was bein extra mean, he still has more of a presence than MI4's villain but his eye bulging mania really didnt do it for me. Like when he shows up at the beginning I thought he was working FOR the big bad. The menace just wasn't there for me, he just felt like Some Assassin. Maybe they just needed to write him cooler scenes.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
It's completely absurd that Tom Cruise is gonna end up starring in a Mission Impossible film in 2025 and possibly beyond. It's like if Connery had held onto the Bond role from Dr. No all the way to the early 90s, it's just a really really cool thing and I'm glad it happened.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

I’m on ep 6 of archive 81 and it’s awesome so far. Not familiar with the podcast and it sounds like some of the changes were bad, but it’s nice and creepy and the acting is good. Reminds me a lot of The Empty Man, and not only because they share an actor.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

ymgve posted:

Oh my god another cliche tarot card reading where the last card is death. Can scriptwriters please be original for once? Maybe even have the last one be a non-tarot card? Bonus points if it's Charizard.

tarot reading where all three cards are death

"ok, I understand the first death is death of circumstances, and the second death is death of the old self, but what the gently caress is the third death?? :stonk:"

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Basebf555 posted:

It's completely absurd that Tom Cruise is gonna end up starring in a Mission Impossible film in 2025 and possibly beyond. It's like if Connery had held onto the Bond role from Dr. No all the way to the early 90s, it's just a really really cool thing and I'm glad it happened.

What's even more nuts is that Cruise was 3 years older than Connery when he shot the the 1st M.I. compared to Dr. No.

I blame the lack of lead in the water.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Mi4,Mi5 and ones I only watch to laugh at

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Watching devs. It’s fuckin crazy

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
MI, MI2, and MI3 are 3 completely different genres of action movie and maybe they all have their merits, but I could never get over motorcycle jousting in MI2 so for me it is just the worst of them all. Only good thing about that movie is that it supposedly is responsible for Hugh Jackman being Wolverine, which I think worked out well. MI4+ all seem like kind of the same movie to me, but in a good way as I like them all. I could not say who the villain in MI4 is though so the above poster definitely has a point.

Oh and MI3 is definitely the best.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

mi kicks jame bonds rear end

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I've come around on MI overall. 2 is even charming with rock-climbing long hair Cruise. The only one that sucks out loud is the one where they basically make Simon Pegg a second main character and cut Ving Rhames almost entirely. A little bit of Simon Pegg goes a loooong way.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Archive 81 was ultimately disappointing. I liked how most of it looked and a lot of the ideas were good, but I feel it didn't deliver on much of its early promise. I haven't listened to the podcast so I'm not sure where a second season would go.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I like the new ones with simon pegg

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Mi2 killed John woo. Mi2 made me realize JJ Abrams is pretty boring

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

MI3 is really good but I have always hated that it starts in media res

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I think MI3 is the weakest of the 'new' MI movies. They just keep getting crazier as they go along and I love it.

With the passing of Betty White I figured I should do something I've put off for a long time and watch Golden Girls. I'm an 80's kid, so I've watched it before here and there in re-runs or whatever and picked up things through cultural osmosis but never really watched it. It's surprisingly good for a sitcom. I'm a sucker for retro comedy TV but this one is just straight up good and doesn't really feel dated for the most part. You could take the same characters and scenario, transport them to 2022, and a lot of it would still play out the same. It's a murderer's row of lead actresses. The jokes are good. The show is INCREDIBLY horny, which is great. TV now could learn a thing or two from it. I watched the Empty Nest backdoor pilot and I had no idea Paul Dooley originally had the role that would go to Richard Mulligan in the Empty Nest series itself.

I'm still going through it but it did make me check out a few episodes of Maude, an All in the Family spin-off starring Bea Arthur (and later Rue McClanahan). It's pretty good too. I'll definitely watch whatever episodes are streaming. I also had no idea it starred Adrienne Barbeau. I think it's the only Lear sitcom I've never watched until now.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Jose Oquendo posted:

With the passing of Betty White I figured I should do something I've put off for a long time and watch Golden Girls. I'm an 80's kid, so I've watched it before here and there in re-runs or whatever and picked up things through cultural osmosis but never really watched it. It's surprisingly good for a sitcom. I'm a sucker for retro comedy TV but this one is just straight up good and doesn't really feel dated for the most part. You could take the same characters and scenario, transport them to 2022, and a lot of it would still play out the same. It's a murderer's row of lead actresses. The jokes are good. The show is INCREDIBLY horny, which is great. TV now could learn a thing or two from it.

Yeah, you can tell that the writing team definitely had at least a couple of gay men on staff, there's no wonder it has appealed to generations of gay men, it has a very gay aesthetic, and was addressing gay issues in a way that wasn't really done at the time.

The show holds up really well for the most part. The jokes haven't aged much, and the cast is top notch. I'd say it does suffer from some of the guest stars who lack comedic talent, like some of their suitors, or their children who would show up for one episode and never be seen again.

It is funny that Estelle Getty who played Sophia was actually younger than Bea Arthur who played her daughter. But that's Hollywood for you.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
man, i really feel like there is NO way they could have possibly made Search Party S5 as weird as it is without the streaming support network... lmao

i mean season 4 was bonkers but uhhhhh... uhhhhh... season 5 is literally science fiction lmao

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
there is (was?) a gay bar in SF called The Midnight Sun and they would always play old Golden Girls reruns on the walls... it owned

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Search party was awesome. I hated every character in a different way

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Nihonniboku posted:

Moon Knight is coming to Disney Plus March 30th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZn0I87zXeY

The actor who played the villain to this died yesterday so whoops!

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

George H.W. oval office posted:

The actor who played the villain to this died yesterday so whoops!

Gaspard Ulliel to be clear, not Ethan Hawke.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Man. Devs was sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
lmao How I Met Your Father is so bad