Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Instant Jellyfish posted:

I’m up to 24 lambs, half girls and half boys exactly.

drat, good job sheep!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

That breed standard bit is absolutely fascinating - it's never occurred to me before that humans would try to breed gendered characteristics into animals and it makes me wonder just how much sex differentiation in domestic breeds is man made.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

That makes total sense, I was talking about them outright saying jacob rams with "feminine" horns aren't allowed and jacob ewes with "feminine" horns are encouraged.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Ah, that is reassuring! It was indeed just the word feminine throwing me off since that makes it sound like they're trying to judge sheep by human beauty standards. Good to know they're using it in terms of sheep standards.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

You're not in charge of @workinggirlmina on insta? Or is there a separate insta for the farm?

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Good luck little guy!! That's really fascinating there's such a sharp divide between making it or not.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Aaaaaaah that is an extremely cute baby!

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

So a little while back I asked Instant Jellyfish to send me some jacob wool and some pictures of Twofer, and this is what I ended up with! It was very cool working with fibre from animals I feel like I know personally and I'm super pleased how he turned out :3:

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Yesss excellent lambs so far, I hope i'm's thing is producing lambs with fun patterns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

I love Pixie's many-eyed smileyface.

I love all of them.