Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

an expert
Jul 18, 2011

Hi I'm also a goater, and soon will have another or possibly 2 more! As in, I have a doe who is prob gonna kid in the next couple days. Maybe today!

Here's all our nigerian dwarf babies this year:

The "big" black and white one is Flipcup, who is actually last year's kid. He was born huge and overbaked to a young mom (the brown doe in the background) who wasn't supposed to be pregnant when we got her, so he was a bit socially stunted. He was shocked to learn that people could be more baby than him this spring:

The other babies in that pic have gone to their new home along with their moms. Flipcup remains, he's my gimmick goat and forever baby. Well, one of them, the other is Wes, a from-a-fancy-breeder wether who is deaf from chronic ear infections and braindamaged from improper disbudding. He's incredibly stupid and incredibly sweet, just the most earnest lovebug. Flipcup's mom, Ginger, immediately decided he is her son even though he was tall enough for her to walk beneath.

I also have a buck named Bellow. Mostly lamancha but with a nubian grandma which means he's polled and I am so hopeful that it passes onto his kids.

My first baby goat tho, was Albee. Got her as a bottle baby along with her mom, Cordelia, who passed away after a few months. Albee looks just like her. Wes and Flipcup are baby but Albee is my goatdaughter. Last week, she blessed me with my goatgrandson. Named him Bernie cos it was president's day. He's got his a chocolate sundgau like his mom, but roan like his dad (who was delicious).

Here's a group shot of everyone: Albee under the hay rack, Bernie under her. Bellow in front center. Wes by Bellow's butt. Last goat is Lillith, who is tough to get pictures of cause she aint got time for my bullshit, and who is gonna have a kid by Bellow very soon.

And finally, closeup of Bernie sleeping. He'd been suckling Bellow's fur in his sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU