Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I love the word "freemartin". First saw in Brave New World.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Instant Jellyfish posted:

Hello again friends!

I thought you all might like some sheep pictures. These are from a while back and several of them have sold since then but I've been super busy with my new puppy so I haven't taken new pictures of everyone. All my ewe lambs sold except the 4 I'm keeping back and I've got a bunch of ram lambs some of which are leaving soon and some are being grown out for either spring meat sales or to be sold as yearling breeding rams with nice big horns.

Breeding starts on the 12th for next year's batch of lambs. I've got a few people who want starter flocks next year so hopefully I have a lot of nice girls!
Man, you got a good crop of horns this year! Wanna tell us about the fleeces on the keepers?

You showed up in my dreams a month or so ago. My (dream-only) goat had a baby goat with no horns and you were so disappointed. Goat-shaming, man.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

The blue looks especially funny on your coated sheep. How do your sheep react the first time they're put into their jackets?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Goodbye, Jazz. You were a Very Good Ewe.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

I'm so sorry.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

A friend wants me to go in on an ultrasound machine with her and a few other farms so maybe next year I'll have a better idea of what folks are carrying.
Oh, how cool! Would that let you know who's likely to have a difficult birth?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

I love "cleanup ram". An analogy with a cleanup batter?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

"Butternut Salvation" is the BEST name for a stud.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Not yet, my list of A rose names is: Acapella, Alain, Alberic, Applejack and Arthur Bell. I'm leaning towards Alberic

Cormo lamb overnight, a ewe! Her floppy ears are extremely cute :kimchi:

She'll probably be Pavlova or Strudel.

Strudel is such a great cuddle-name. "Aww, my little Strudel, who's the best little lamb? It is YOOOOO".

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Her mom was thoroughly grossed out by the prospect of being a mom and never developed an udder so she's my lamb now.
Is the no-udder-development thing likely to happen again to this ewe?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

How did Reba manage to get knocked up on the sly?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Ink Spot has nice horns!

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Do you feel like telling us how you decided which ones to keep?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

drat, Serendipity is pretty.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

quote:

I'm with Woodrose, Holly, and Mariposa

One of your rams is named "I'm"?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Tell us why the preggos need to be sheared?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

That facial pattern is adorable.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Aster lambed at some point in the night and decided she wasn't feeling it this year. Just left them in a soggy heap on an 18F night then hosed off to eat some hay.
Haven't we all been there, honestly?

Did Aster just disqualify herself from next year's breeding pool?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

mehitabel posted:

archy she says to me
yesterday
the life of a female
artist is continually
hampered what in hell
have i done to deserve
all these kittens
i look back on my life
and it seems to me to be
just one damned kitten
after another
From this poem; tw, maternal infeline cruelty.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

has an annoying sounding baa.
Haven't we all been there?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Sorry you've had such a sausage year.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

What prevents Magpie from being a keeper? (I am not challenging your decision; I'm curious.)

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Celestriad posted:

During the height of rut, the muscles in his neck swell and thicken so much (to allow him to fight for breeding rights) that I can't close the milking stand upright.
I have a tip for you about milking...

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Are you keeping the moonspotted (great word) doe?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

I love Juggernaut's pattern.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Phaedra has a paw print!

Do you feel like telling us why each of them is keep or sell? IIRC you did that last year and it was great fun seeing the lambs through your eyes.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

I said goodbye to Major a year ago November. His GOLPP was getting worse and I didn’t want to wait until it was an emergency. He went out happily eating an entire pint of moose tracks ice cream after a month of getting spoiled. I still miss him a lot but it was the right choice.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

How does reserving a kid work? 'i want the best doe from X's litter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

I used to work for Rogue Wave. It was a good company full of good people. I hope your buck will be more enduringly successful.