Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pimpbot
Apr 30, 2005
neeej!!!
College Slice

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Ah, didn’t even think to check the plate

it is not as bad as it looks, this is literally the first snow we have gotten this year and i have studded tires.
but i usually bike or use the moped going to work in the winter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
My biek is ~500 miles away, but here's today's sunrise :)

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

pimpbot posted:

i have not seen the sun in like 4 months so someone please post your bike in front of either a sunset or a sunrise, preferably on a beach.

Your bike outside a Christmas tree farm, or in view of a Christmas tree discarded curbside.

Sagebrush posted:

apparently the first of those little remote controlled indoor helicopters were invented by a guy in norway because there's absofuckinglutely nothing to do for the winter months of darkness

I'm grateful for his efforts.

Strife fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Dec 29, 2020

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
We're probably well-beyond seeing junked Christmas trees at this point. I'd say do any previous challenge in the thread and decide the next.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Strife posted:

Your bike outside a Christmas tree farm, or in view of a Christmas tree discarded curbside.

I took this (bad) picture, just in case!!

Post a picture of your bike at +8,000' (preferably with a view!)

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

This is below 5k feet right now, so that's going to be tricky

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

:vince:

Someone in the Southern Hemisphere please get me out of this mess

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

drat, I was actually gonna ride to Nederland (from Boulder) to do this but we had some freezing fog this morning with some snow on the way :(.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Toe Rag posted:

:vince:

Someone in the Southern Hemisphere please get me out of this mess

Tallest mountain on my continent's 700' too short sorry.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Elector_Nerdlingen posted:

Tallest mountain on my continent's 700' too short sorry.

Nobody else knows that.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Ward, Colorado 9200~ feet.

take a photo of your bike doing something it wasnt designed for.
I.e. ADVs with a knee down, supersports touring, cruisers being useful.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

BIG DRYWALL MAN posted:

take a photo of your bike doing something it wasnt designed for.
I.e. ADVs with a knee down, supersports touring, cruisers being useful.

It's a naked bike so it kind of does everything. But there's nothing off-roady about the MT series, and since I'm too chickenshit to try any singletrack here's a nice wide mostly-smooth dirt road.

Next: Post a photo from a place you haven't been in at least nine months.

prukinski
Dec 25, 2011

Sure why not

FBS posted:

Next: Post a photo from a place you haven't been in at least nine months.

Sure, ok, across the street from the house I lived in before the pandemic:

Flatmates didn't give a poo poo about any sort of hygeine despite one of them working at a hospital. New house much better.

Next: Post a photo of your bike from its least flattering angle.

prukinski fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Mar 22, 2021

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Lemme just dig up literally any pic of the Goldwing

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I’m taking this tomorrow, I don’t care if someone beats me to it.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Love my bike but whenever I see it from this angle it just looks like a big dumb whale with a windscreen on its forehead.

With patio weather around the corner, I’m going to go with post a photo of your bike next to your favourite outdoor place to (safely, somewhat socially distant-ly) stuff your face!

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

I was at the Green Welly Stop today. They do some great mince (actual meat) pies.

Check out the 2021 Hayabusa behind Bob:

Other pics from the ride around Stirling council today:

Next up:
Post a picture of your bike near nice animal(s)!

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Steakandchips posted:

Next up:
Post a picture of your bike near nice animal(s)!

I hope this counts.

There are goats in the background, and they are very nice. From a different day...

Post a picture of your bike near a large body of water this is not the ocean.

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

quote:

North sea channel, Amsterdam/Zaandam. Connects the sea ports of Amsterdam to the north sea.

Next: post your bike in a place where it kinda shouldn't be. Like a sports bike on a greenlane, a dirt bike on track, in a pool/in the living room or whatever you can think of.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Toe Rag posted:

I hope this counts.

There are goats in the background, and they are very nice. From a different day...

Super cute goat, A+, definitely counts.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

LimaBiker posted:

Next: post your bike in a place where it kinda shouldn't be. Like a sports bike on a greenlane, a dirt bike on track, in a pool/in the living room or whatever you can think of.

Comedy submission

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The Honda looks like it's just realised that in attempting to imprison the ktm, it's simply trapped them both.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Does this count? Off to Valhalla. If you come across a used D675 engine with 27k miles on a used part site please note that in general I changed the oil more frequently than necessary but I did let the oil level get pretty low one time (a long time ago so I don't think it hurt anything).

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

MomJeans420 posted:

Does this count? Off to Valhalla. If you come across a used D675 engine with 27k miles on a used part site please note that in general I changed the oil more frequently than necessary but I did let the oil level get pretty low one time (a long time ago so I don't think it hurt anything).

Oof, yes, that counts. Sad times, it's a beautiful bike!

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Oops I forgot to add post your bike at the local meetup spot on your favorite road

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

MomJeans420 posted:

Oops I forgot to add post your bike at the local meetup spot on your favorite road

I've taken a couple liberties with this one because I don't like riding with other people and this isn't so much my favorite road as the road that leads to my favorite daily loop. It's pretty uneventful as far as roads go, but it seems other people have a similar idea about this because on the weekends I'll see all kinds of bikes and occasionally even supercars scooting down this road. There are a few Lamborghinis, a Ferrari, a Bently Continental GT, a couple C8s, and at least one McLaren that like where this goes. I've met up with some buddies at this place, but I've seen tons of other groups get together here, so it stands as a decent spot for a meetup in the middle of some decent roads.

Post your bike at your favorite ice cream joint.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Strife posted:

I've taken a couple liberties with this one because I don't like riding with other people and this isn't so much my favorite road as the road that leads to my favorite daily loop. It's pretty uneventful as far as roads go, but it seems other people have a similar idea about this because on the weekends I'll see all kinds of bikes and occasionally even supercars scooting down this road. There are a few Lamborghinis, a Ferrari, a Bently Continental GT, a couple C8s, and at least one McLaren that like where this goes. I've met up with some buddies at this place, but I've seen tons of other groups get together here, so it stands as a decent spot for a meetup in the middle of some decent roads.

Post your bike at your favorite ice cream joint.

Good ice cream. Better view.

Post your bike with something cold. (Your garage fridge doesn’t count.)

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

It was cold and drizzly at the Glenlivet Estate, in the Highlands, Scotland.

Next: post your bike next to a very cool tree.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

ought ten posted:

Post your bike with something cold.

Checks out

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Steakandchips posted:

Next: post your bike next to a very cool tree.

Please excuse my very uncool tailbag, but I was told to bring back bread or else.

This is a sequoia sempervirens or a coastal redwood. It's just a tree on the side of the road, but I think all trees are cool, redwoods especially :hehe:

There's an old growth redwood forest about 10 miles south, but I think the road is still closed from the fire last year.

Post of picture of your bike in front of a castle

pimpbot
Apr 30, 2005
neeej!!!
College Slice

Toe Rag posted:

Please excuse my very uncool tailbag, but I was told to bring back bread or else.

This is a sequoia sempervirens or a coastal redwood. It's just a tree on the side of the road, but I think all trees are cool, redwoods especially :hehe:

There's an old growth redwood forest about 10 miles south, but I think the road is still closed from the fire last year.

Skokloster castle https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skokloster_Castle

that is as close as i could get with my bike.
here is a better picture from the courtyard.

also nearby Skoklosters church, the oldest brick building in Sweden completed around the year 1280.

Post a picture of your bike overlooking hilly or mountainous scenery.
i am not picky, where i live is flat as a pancake.

pimpbot fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jul 28, 2021

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I was hoping for a pic of JSB's bike in front of Mars Cheese Castle.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Toe Rag posted:

Excellent tree, well chosen!

pimpbot posted:

Skokloster castle https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skokloster_Castle

that is as close as i could get with my bike.
here is a better picture from the courtyard.

also nearby Skoklosters church, the oldest brick building in Sweden completed around the year 1280.

Great castle and church! When is the castle from?

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Toe Rag posted:

Dang, that's a nice tree. I was really hoping when the challenge was a tree that someone would post a redwood. The best I have are like, oak trees. Sometimes they're different colors.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

There are definitely more impressive trees in the area. I was actually just out riding, saw that tree at my intersection and thought "perfect!"

The first tree I thought of actually is an oak tree. I couldn't think of a way to get my bike over there without possibly getting the cops called on me. I'm not sure if Google Maps does it justice, because every time I drive by I can't help but think "that's one loving nice tree right there."

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

I was planning on getting a shot in front of a Castle Megastore but I plumb forgot last time I was out cause I was just having so much fun riding sorry not sorry

pimpbot
Apr 30, 2005
neeej!!!
College Slice

Steakandchips posted:

Excellent tree, well chosen!

Great castle and church! When is the castle from?

the castle was built much later, between 1654-1676.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

pimpbot posted:

Turns out it’s really hard to capture a bike, the bottom of a valley, and the wind farm on the top of the valley all with a phone camera.

Post a pic of your bike in dense vegetation.

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

Horse Clocks posted:

Turns out it’s really hard to capture a bike, the bottom of a valley, and the wind farm on the top of the valley all with a phone camera.

Post a pic of your bike in dense vegetation.

I love how this thread will be dead for a month and then we get multiple challenges done in a day. After getting a shot for the mountainous terrain I stopped for a snack and saw that I missed it, but fortunately dense vegetation is easy around here.

I thought about putting the bike in the vegetation, but, you know, hellworld fire season. So you get it next to some vegetation.

Post your bike next to a Good Bear. Real, statue, chainsaw or otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH
A small historical eatery Bjørnen(the bear)in Odnes Norway.

Post your bike near a train station that is no longer in service.