Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Castle's are sculptures right?

And since some very dumb guards were in here, holding the prince captive in Monty Python, given that they were junk at guarding, perhaps that extends to the castle?

Doune Castle today in Stirling, Scotland, where I was testing my eyesight:

Also, I rode past the David Stirling memorial https://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/doune/stirlingmemorial/index.html :

And a bee flew into my gopro:

Post a picture of your bike next to a body of water!

Steakandchips fucked around with this message at 20:52 on May 31, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Martytoof posted:

Yeah I'm pretty sure I've never had an Indonesian meal in my life.

You need some beef rendang.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

This is my bike next to a windy public road near Glencoe in Scotland!

Post a picture of your bike next to something cool and old and possibly rusty or decaying.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Strife posted:

I was trying to think of something that you wouldn't normally go to on a motorcycle, but bonus points if you can strap some clubs to the back.

I think HD actually make golf bags, and golf bag racks, to fit on a Harley. They look very very stupid.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

I was at the Green Welly Stop today. They do some great mince (actual meat) pies.

Check out the 2021 Hayabusa behind Bob:

Other pics from the ride around Stirling council today:

Next up:
Post a picture of your bike near nice animal(s)!

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Toe Rag posted:

I hope this counts.

There are goats in the background, and they are very nice. From a different day...

Post a picture of your bike near a large body of water this is not the ocean.

Super cute goat, A+, definitely counts.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

It was cold and drizzly at the Glenlivet Estate, in the Highlands, Scotland.

Next: post your bike next to a very cool tree.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Toe Rag posted:

Please excuse my very uncool tailbag, but I was told to bring back bread or else.

This is a sequoia sempervirens or a coastal redwood. It's just a tree on the side of the road, but I think all trees are cool, redwoods especially :hehe:

There's an old growth redwood forest about 10 miles south, but I think the road is still closed from the fire last year.

Post of picture of your bike in front of a castle

Excellent tree, well chosen!

pimpbot posted:

Skokloster castle https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skokloster_Castle

that is as close as i could get with my bike.
here is a better picture from the courtyard.

also nearby Skoklosters church, the oldest brick building in Sweden completed around the year 1280.

Post a picture of your bike overlooking hilly or mountainous scenery.
i am not picky, where i live is flat as a pancake.

Great castle and church! When is the castle from?

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

https://caledonianrailway.com/
This is the Caledonian Railway Station in Brechin, today. It was not open. It runs steam trains for fun (but apparently not this weekend), so not really what it was designed for (running steam trains for regular travel).

Just stopped in Brechin to get a coffee. Did 394 miles in total over Saturday and Sunday.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Geekboy posted:

Geeze. I've never done one of these. Lessee, post your bike in front of your favorite breakfast place. Mostly because a lot of things suck, so I hope you have an excuse to go have a nice breakfast.

This is my favourite bakery, a lady from New Zealand bakes fresh sourdough baguettes and croissants. She also has a Vespa! Just went there today to get a loaf and two croissants. MMmmmmmmm.

Post your bike in front of something British or colonial! :britain:

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Strife posted:

I was going to cheese this and post a photo of my own house (the architectural style is "colonial"), but I randomly found this place while aimlessly scootin around.

It was closed, so idea what they do here, maybe it's some kind of anglophile weeaboo (teaboo?) store, but I want to check back at a time when they're open just to find out wtf.

Next: Your bike with an incredibly niche business, bonus if you have no idea how they've remained open either because of their focus or locale.

As an example, there's a store in Weymouth Landing, a heavily gentrified and upscale area of extremely prime real estate, that exclusively sells chairs. I've never even seen anyone go in there. There's a place in Mattapan that just sells wigs; iirc it's called WIGS4LESS. I don't know what these places could be except money laundering fronts for organized crime.

Nice juxtaposition of the most :911: bike possible outside said shop!

So, anyway, mate, you have got to go in there and take loads of pictures.

I want to know:

1. How much actual British stuff for sale is there, and at what ridiculous mark up.
2. How much fake British stuff for sale is there, and at what ludicrous price. And by fake I mean things Americans concocted up as being British, to cater to American Teaboos (roflmao, great term!).
3. How over the top British it is; is the shopkeeper in a waistcoat, is there freshly brewed loose-leaf tea for the customers to partake in as they peruse the merchandise?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Still intrigued and I'd love to see pictures!

But onto specifics:
Mushy peas are rubbish.
Gravy granules are useful.
Walkers crisps are crap.
Literally bought some Giant Monster Munch today! This one: https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/305957927