Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Looks like I'm at the Luxor this weekend for an impulsive zero-planning Vegas trip. I've got shows Thursday at 7 and Friday at 930 and a res at Lotus of Siam for dinner Saturday, anyone have other suggestions that won't throw me out for wearing jeans?

Also if you have bakery recommendations in reasonable distance I will hunt them down, I am dying for good pastries that aren't over-froufed cupcake nonsense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I think I'll probably make the trip out to Delices Gourmands even if it's a bit out of the way. The pictures of their bakery case look so much like my old pastry stuff that it's making me nostalgic. Thanks!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

The cocktail menu at Cleaver may have ended me, but what a worthy way to go. Beautiful recommendation Wiggles, thanks!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

At first I thought it was odd that they discounted mains on happy hour and not cocktails.

I get it now. drat good.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I continue to be jealous of your restaurant scene.

My city is curling up and dying under the weight of COVID, and we're almost last in the nation in vaccination. I'm an 'essential worker' and am probably looking at like August to get stuck.

Once travel is a thing again, I'm going to go back to Vegas for a week and try to kill myself via good food and cheap drinks.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Mr. Wiggles posted:

I don't remember what the Riesling was, but it was very dry and very herbal.

We had some tom ka ga to start, and also the nam prik noom. Soup was crazy fragrant (I never learned, but I'm convinced they make their own coconut milk), and the chili dip was green and earthy and ... unctuous? Hard to describe the savoriness of it in any other way. After that the ka nom jean mam ngyow with extra pork blood cubes and the nam kao tod, which is still just about my favorite dish there. The ka nom was really perfectly sour and savory, and they threw a garnish of crispy pork bits stir fried with extra cherry tomatoes on top, which was new (usually it's ground pork and just the tomatoes in the broth). The crispy rice with sausage is really simple, but holy smokes they're so good at that one.

It wasn't a feast or anything - we just wanted to grab a quick meal after work, and they are just right down the street from the house. But we hadn't been since they reopened and our normal "I don't feel like cooking tonight" place, Cleaver, is still closed due to the fire.

Aw poo poo, Cleaver had a fire? I hope they recover.

Lotus and Cleaver were absolutely highlights last time I was out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Anything cool going on around the 4th? I'm going to be in town for a week because I had time off to burn and my airline miles were about to expire.