Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

just remembered that part 7 ends with johnny marrying a woman with no lines who we've literally never seen before and getting pissed off

what no it doesn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
part seven ends with marco dying of a cold

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
rip marco, died of polo

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZFsh2vAVn8

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Expect My Mom posted:

it's just weird that johnny x gyro is the biggest ship in jojo that isn't canon

johnny was known to have been popular with ladies by chapter 1, he's bi. what was he supposed to do, marry gyro's corpse

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yes

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the ending of Johnny dragging the most important person in the world to him's corpse onto the boat is cool, I love that he has nothing to say his dad despite the gesture of his dad coming with his brother's boots but then he has to go to japan to get his head crushed by a rock

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
he clearly loved rina a lot and was married to her for a reasonable amount of time before he died. when do you think he brought up the bug thing

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think Rina was just into the bug thing and you gotta find your bliss

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Rina was also amazed to find someone who shared her kink.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Kink is not Shame

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Didn’t the site of his grave become Shakedown Street? Or is that where he stashed Jesus before the CIA took him back?

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Didn’t the site of his grave become Shakedown Street? Or is that where he stashed Jesus before the CIA took him back?

I guess I should look again, I didn't think his grave was there but the joestar jizo was or whatever

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the tree that kira and the other dude got buried under on the edge of the higashikata property is where jesus had been stored for a bit. it's where johnny got boinked in the head and died, too. the shakedown street tree is different.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5irgveHy7U

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
came here to post that lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTlaW8b2akc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbujU9Jp6h0

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
most of part 6 has had me thinking of how cool this could look animated and how surprisingly on-point everything still is until the ridiculous battle with kensho where plankton wearing a woman's corpse as a suit falls down the stairs onto an electric chair and activates it while yakety sax plays in the background

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

part 6 will be dope as gently caress if animated and i sincerely hope it gets a chance to shine and part of me has lowkey been just wanting 5 to get over with so we're even closer to that

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I've been trying my hardest not to go "YO BUT PART 6 THO" to my Jojo watching crew during this season, and to my shame I have not always succeeded.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If they did Part 5 I don’t see any reason why they wouldn’t do Part 6 as well to finish the story.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
Part 6 is where the stand powers go really off the rails and I'm dying to see it all animated.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Dragonwagon posted:

Part 6 is where the stand powers go really off the rails and I'm dying to see it all animated.

And I'm 'animated' to see everyone dying.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Johnny Joestar posted:

part 6 will be dope as gently caress if animated and i sincerely hope it gets a chance to shine and part of me has lowkey been just wanting 5 to get over with so we're even closer to that

I haven't been low key about it, so anything that's great in part 5 is just a bonus for me.

I just hope they don't have yet another soul crushing gap between the end of 5 and beginning of 6.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
"If Araki brings back Polnareff just to kill him I will be mad as a box of frogs!!!

Seriously, I'm a sucker for cameos of old characters, and Polnareff was my favourite Crusader. I doubt he'll ever show up again, so I want him to have a good send-off."

lol can't wait to see people react to tortoise polnareff

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Death would have been a kinder fate

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

My memory of Part 6 is that it has some pretty hit or miss fights so I'm really hoping that the anime can do that same thing it did for Golden Wind and dramatically improve my impression of it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm curious how they will deal with jolyne's power being innately gory. they can't just black out half the screen every time she spools out her skin.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
they had no problems with metallica so it should be fine

also jolyne's patchy skin when she unspools herself isn't really "gory" as there's no blood.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

there's been no censoring in part 5 anyways so i don't see why they would switch back to it for 6

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Johnny Joestar posted:

there's been no censoring in part 5 anyways so i don't see why they would switch back to it for 6

6 has the toenail scene and I dunno if I want to see that uncensored

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Part 6 is better than part 7.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
stone free isn't that gory

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Arist posted:

6 has the toenail scene and I dunno if I want to see that uncensored

too bad, davidpro is going to make a unique sound effect for it and everything

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
death stranding and john wick 3 have prepared me for toenail ripping scenes

hit me with it david

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i'm curious how they will deal with jolyne's power being innately gory. they can't just black out half the screen every time she spools out her skin.

You'll just get a reddish version of the Zipper Dimension, prob

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Pewdiepie posted:

Part 6 is better than part 7.

no.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

quote:

X is better than part 7.

No

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The kids have seen toenail gore on Spongebob, they're ready for Jojo.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

So I did a thing for when we start Steel Ball Read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i like part 6 an awful lot, but 7 is still much better.