Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

no idea what the gently caress is going on in part 8

old man polnareff with silver chariot requiem stand that fucks with you constantly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

bruno vs king crimson was perfect imo

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

shoeless joe

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

if only the new OP was good

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i feel like jojolion will only live based on its anime adaptation

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

yeah part 5 and 6 both have cool stuff in them imo but I really dislike the ending fights because the resolutions are so lame

and no i don't really care about the 'they're free of the joestar bloodline curse now!!!' ending bs either

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

its supremely cool that all of jolyne's character development gets negated

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

multijoe posted:

It does kinda suck the final battle is more about Jotaro than Jolyne, but Pucci's death at the hands of Weather Report is a hell of a better ending than GER

yeah too bad about the main character

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Expect My Mom posted:

because of DIO, none of the Joestars have peaceful idyllic lives, they now have periods in their life rife with conflict and loss

this is such a useless, bad point

this isn't how life is

jolyne and every other character went through changes and growth because of what happened to them

irene isn't the ideal of jolyne.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

and even if you pretend like it's a good point giorno, josuke, and Joseph all have pretty good lives. jotaro has a pretty good life even if he hosed up his relationship with his daughter.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

idk your post seemed to also be in response to the point i made about the ending in the first post

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Expect My Mom posted:

giorno grew up in an abusive household, found a new group of friends and watched three of them die
josuke grew up without a father
joseph has lived a long life where many friends of his were murdered, almost including his own daughter.
jotaro's later years have him distant from his family because he's worried about more supernatural threats coming from them

a lot of these have pretty good lives, but that's not the point. it's that they all experience hardships and difficulties that would have never happened if dio didn't exist

life happens. removing 'the curse' to magically fix their lives isn't somehow a plus and removing the bad poo poo that happened is fairly tale nonsense. it's kind of insulting to think that their lives are better without the growth they went through.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

multijoe posted:

You could say the same about Jonathan dying in Phantom Blood? Jolyne giving up her life to allow Emporio to escape is good characterisation, just because it isn't the optimal happy ending for her it doen't mean it's bad writing

Jonathan's death isn't convoluted bullshit

Dio didn't magically kill Jonathan by getting the superpower no one is allowed to touch

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

everyone's lives would be better if bad poo poo didn't happen. it's how the characters work through and grow because of it that matters. taking that away from every single character is stupid.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

multijoe posted:

No, he killed him by spontaneously developing the power to shoot laser eyes after his entire body was destroyed. Made in Heaven was extremely well foreshadowed and and planned out by contrast.

He could already shoot laser eyes. Acting like Made in Heaven is some masterpiece of a superpower because Space Ripper Stingy Eyes exists is loving dumb.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Expect My Mom posted:

so to reset, and have it end anyway doesn't feel too similar from what we got, but that there's a different version of jolyne and hermes and jotaro where they get to just be a family really works for me..

there's not even the implication that anyone besides a new jotaro and jolyne and her friends from prison exists. josuke and giorno and everyone else got their good endings effectively overwritten, who knows what their lives are even like? they were fine.

i don't think jolyne really chose to die as some grand thing, she just knew it was the only way that pucci might be stopped. yeah, she 'chose' to save emporio, but was there even really a choice to make? it was the only thing she could really _do_

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

dio in the new universe is probably just Diego tbh

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

we don't even know what emporio did really other than 'look not-jolyne and her not-friends are happy!'

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

multijoe posted:

Dio only figures out he can do it after Jonathan has already beaten him and he's falling off the castle, entirely as a contrivance to allow him to gank Jonathan despite being decapitated. Made in Heaven comes about as a result of Pucci achieving communion with his god (DIO) and grants him what he believes is mastery over the main overarching concept of the series (Fate). I mean it's fine if you don't like it, but there was a logcal conclusion to the story being told in Stone Ocean and the original JoJo contiunity as a whole.

acting like it's a good narrative decision that the villain is literally untouchable because of space ripper stingy eyes doesn't make it good, sorry

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Rand Brittain posted:

The idea that King Crimson is invincible confuses me. There are a lot of things that could kill Diavolo that King Crimson can't stop, including but not limited to exploding the building he is in, poisoning him, or killing him while he is sleeping.

he's nearly invincible because of epitaph

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

my name's hazel and i'm mad as hell and here to tell you: it's okay to hate part 6's ending

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

multijoe posted:

I don't feel like you're discussing this in good faith,

:thunk:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

jobin's wife is badass

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

the biggest crime is not using kyo more

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

it's not doppio's fault that diavolo killed bruno

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

how did diavolo get in the same body as someone else instead of ending up in i don't know, polnareff's corpse

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

is the turtle dead. coco jumbo nooo

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

weird take that dio isn't developed well

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

the napkin speech is just a ripoff of do you remember how many breads you have eaten :twisted:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Who

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

it's the curse of dio and the joestar bloodline

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

what's dbz about ger

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i don't remember any part of dbz where anyone just gets an instant win button

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Augus posted:

I think Jolyne used to be bi but after seeing that trans dude’s penis she realized that gender is not binary but a vast, colorful spectrum, and therefore became pan

what

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

that's not what i'm whatting about

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

why did they end it there, very weird

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

gonna be funny when it turns around in the ED

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008