Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

what if there were two guys on the moon and one of them killed the other with a brick that was also a snake would that be hosed up or what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

they're a utilization of the spin, yes

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i don't remember the exact sequence of events but i think that there hadn't really been overt 'physical' manifestations of stands for them to worry about up until the point where gyro gets scan from taking in the corpse eye and then beyond that it can kinda be implied that once he came in contact with that piece and all that he could see them naturally, which i guess makes sense

the actual encounter with the eye involved people being turned into actual physical dinosaurs so i don't think that having a stand had anything to do with being able to see them or not

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i really do want to get into a reread of part 7 but it's kind of at a point where i want to do it with a thread because i know that's gonna happen so i have to wait for that

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the finest incomprehensible suture that papal money can buy

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

mitsuba's stand name is also probably a ref to the card suit of clubs, from what people can tell

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

hatty posted:

How long was the muda? Less than sixty full seconds is unsatisfactory

i need an answer to this question too

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZFsh2vAVn8

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yes

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the tree that kira and the other dude got buried under on the edge of the higashikata property is where jesus had been stored for a bit. it's where johnny got boinked in the head and died, too. the shakedown street tree is different.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

part 6 will be dope as gently caress if animated and i sincerely hope it gets a chance to shine and part of me has lowkey been just wanting 5 to get over with so we're even closer to that

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

there's been no censoring in part 5 anyways so i don't see why they would switch back to it for 6

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Arist posted:

6 has the toenail scene and I dunno if I want to see that uncensored

too bad, davidpro is going to make a unique sound effect for it and everything

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i might be biased but steel ball read is required to happen

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if someone doesn't think jolyne is dope as gently caress after seeing her light herself on fire and turn herself into a mobius strip then that's all the evidence i need that they have incredibly bad taste

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i was always fine with the ramping up in part 6 because realistically with all the weird bullshit in the series all it'd take is a match and some special kindling to make poo poo go ablaze

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's not even remotely a contest for me in that i'll always say that jolyne is just outright the most badass jojo and anyone who disagrees can get bent

she's basically like her dad but just straight up more vocal about everything and does the most fuckwild crazy poo poo to accomplish her goals. her power even comes down to 'i'm going to expend myself to get this done and put myself on the line every single time'. she frequently puts her own body at risk and it's dope as gently caress because she has like no hesitation about it.

i even spent some pocket change to re-name and re-avatar this account to another jojo and i'm saying this, i mean it so much.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

both jolyne and johnny are good as gently caress but they're good in different but equal ways and depending on what i'm looking for they tend to cover the spread as far as i'm concerned. johnny definitely evolves a lot better and has more development but jolyne's strength is starting out at a better place than most and only improving as time goes on even if she ends up a bit short compared to johnny at the end.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

a big plan jolyne has is literally just 'i'm going to light myself on fire'

that's it

not even 'i'm going to trick them into burning themselves or lighting themselves on fire, or use fire to fend off what i'm attacking'

it's just. herself. lit up like a goddamn candle.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

people talk about joseph way too much which is kind of a problem when the dude has like two character traits somehow over the course of three parts

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

other diego was interesting in that it presented this idea of an alternate universe where things had gone fairly differently for him and presumably he hadn't formed as much of a 'bond' with the others and gotten involved with the same events so he ended up forming his own stand instead of getting hijacked by dino dna

but then of course nothing is really done with that. part of me likes to believe that the original diego would have been fairly okay at the end of it all if he'd actually survived, if still a giant rear end in a top hat, while the alt diego is just a genuine shithead, but yeah. it mainly just feels weird when tacked on at the end, i think. if it had somehow been worked in before the big valentine confrontation i think it could have been cooler but as it is it's pretty whatever to me.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

araki completes the western media merger and has part 9 entirely take place on an insane, riddle-telling monorail. stephen king is also there as a character. just like. stephen king himself.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i won't because it is

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

where the gently caress is morkey

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i think anime people would be less likely to want to read through 6 since it could feasibly be next up for animation and it's also connected to the previous parts

7 is an easier sell since it isn't

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Electric Phantasm posted:

This reminds me, will Davidpro be able to use the Dolphins?

Also makes me wonder how they will handle Bohemian Rhapsody.

Johnny Joestar posted:

where the gently caress is morkey

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

arachnid individual

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

those songs are loving dope tbh

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

he definitely utilizes it at some point or another, but yeah, it's kind of hard to get any real use out of it unless he wants to just go shoeless everywhere

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

tactical gams

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i've always kind of ascribed to the idea that someone has to know what the gently caress they're doing when they stab themselves with it so if giorno had actually gotten stabbed right there he definitely would have actually died

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

somepartsareme posted:

polnareff discovered requiem when he was using his stand to grab something that dropped behind a cabinet

well, he did only just like scratch himself with it, iirc. probably sensed the power from it and guessed it would be something relatively interesting.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it doesn't matter where you get shot by the arrow, it only matters if you can support having a stand which the arrow jumpstarts. if you can't then you will die, barring loopholes like koichi where he gets healed and later develops his stand

i don't think we ever have anyone just get fuckin domed in the brain by the arrow but maybe presumably they'd be fine as long as they can hold a stand because it usually seems like a wound isn't a problem as long as they have enough willpower to pull through.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's definitely intentional and i think people were picking up on it as soon as the ED started airing. they've done that sort of thing multiple times before in the past.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's gonna be interesting to see how people react to the next few eps

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the final encounter with king crimson has always sucked and i don't think the anime can magically fix that

it's a bunch of incomprehensible bullshit and then giorno just straight up gets a 'hey actually i win' power and that's it.

cool

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

all i want for a part 9 jojo at this point is for there to be a girl jojo again

please. i have low standards. this is all i need, araki.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it would take way more effort to animate a light novel from scratch with no panel refs to work off of than it does to animate manga

there was literally no chance of it ever happening

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the final 'fight' isn't much of one so they definitely have time for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i so want to reply to this 'hey dog check out part 7 with us when the anime is over'

dr.acula posted:

Why don't they use hamon and stands?