Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

That old bastard has a cool stand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Part 6 is better than part 7.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Johnny Joestar posted:

people talk about joseph way too much which is kind of a problem when the dude has like two character traits somehow over the course of three parts

He's epic though.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Condiv posted:

the ending of part 6 is amazing

dont at me

Also the beginning, and the middle as well. Hell, all in all I'd say its the best one even better than part 7, a part considered by many to be the best part.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

multijoe posted:

I would really like to hear Araki try and explain what was up with all the elves and goblins in Part 6. Even for a series called JoJo's Bizzare Adventure that was such a baffling artistic choice.

Those elves and goblins are just normal American citizens.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Hemingway To Go! posted:

I just finished part 7. I see why people like part 7 and Johnny Joestar in particular. Guess I had a couple issues with the ending, though. Mainly every rider who had something at stake for the corpse chase or horse race is dead except Johnny so it turns out the race outcome did not matter. Also everything that happens to Lucy or around Lucy is completely hosed, her arc is stranger and more unpleasant than Weather Report's rainbow snail arc. But when it's the Johnny and Gyro show it is extremely strong.

I can't really compare part 6 and part 7, part 6 is the third sort of exploration into the world created by Stardust Crusaders and a culmination of all that. Part 7 even when stands are involved it does not feel like parts 3 thru 6. Don't think I can put one of 6 or 7 above the other, same with Jolyne and Johnny. Part 6 though stuck its landing for me.

oh, and Dio content: I find Dio interesting as a villain as he's one of the better incarnations of the mystique around The Devil, an enthralling wickedness with power and presence but that began as a man. So part 6 explores that maybe he had ideals and a plan, maybe there was something more going on with him... and then part 7 and its ending is basically a reminder that if Dio had never become a vampire he'd just be a creepy rear end in a top hat. I guess Diego with Scary Monsters might have been on a little bit of a redemption path, having to face down someone stronger and work with others. Funny Valentine's Diego though is an encapsulation of what he really is.

Well, on to past 8, which I've noticed no one puts on the "top jojos" list. Gear up for a very odd sounding story.

Part 8 is good but extremely bizarre.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

The 89 year old man is the big bad.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Captain Baal posted:

The only bomb I remember being responded to was the one that killed Yoshihiro in the house near the end. I think if the bomb causes structural damage then any noise that would come from said structural damage can alert somebody, but otherwise they are silent as no one seemed to hear the five different bombs Kira threw at Josuke in the span of 8 minutes. That or Jotaro and Koichi just for some reason thought the random explosions they were hearing were not a concern until they heard some glass shatter.

That’s life in the big city.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I call it Jojo's part Great because I enjoy reading a new chapter of it near the end of every month!

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Jojo is straight.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Just two friends licking each other to determine the veracity of their statements.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Expect My Mom posted:

I really recommend re-reading JoJolion with the color scans. Some people might dislike them and that's fair, but not only do they help me keep track of action more, I think just the violently surreal color palette makes a stronger tone for me,

The purple grass and blue trees in the second one is so good.

That second one highlights some really exceptional composition.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Pucci has better fashion sense than Funny Valentine.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

89 year old master tactician placing a newspaper ad.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

fractalairduct posted:

If you guys are going to talk about a new chapter without linking it can you please use spoiler tags

https://mangadex.org/chapter/692547

No. Hahaha.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Damo Tamaki ain’t dead!!! He will come back and terrorize the Jojolion protagonists!!!

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

yeah actually they will posted:

I think he is dead. His head exploded that one etime

He was using <Vitamin C> to make his own head more gooey.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

89 years old?

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

TheLoneStar posted:

I only just now remembered that Speedwagon died at the age of 89. Coincidence?

Yeah, probably.

89 years old????

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Vookatos posted:

Without looking much at this thread because spoilers, I just want to leave my opinion on Stone Ocean. Holy gently caress was it good! Jolyne was badass and the supporting cast was all great!

Some of the stuff feels like Araki learned his mistakes from Part 5. Stands mostly make sense, and solutions rarely feel like bullshit. We get way more interactions between characters. Pucci's ability is basically King Crimson, too. I mean, sure, he "fast forwards" time, but it's basically making him so fast that he can teleport behind you without you realising, which is essentially the same.

It's definitely the darkest part so far. Big flashback was loving terrifying in places, but there are also some great comedy moments. Annasui being REALLY PISSED that there wasn't an image of Mickey is great, but I also really enjoyed some small interactions, like "He's an idiot who drinks his own piss". Actually that dude was probably my least favorite both as a character and as a fight. Helps that his stupid stand was at least super chill, that was amusing.

I can't wait for the anime so we can hear DIO's beautiful voice again. It's weird how this part focuses on DIO so much, when we had the reveal that MC is his son in Part 5, and he was barely mentioned there. It's a good thing, of course. Glad to have him back, and happy that we got to see his chill side.

I've heard that this part is divisive, and I get that (especially with that ending), but I'm guessing it's all because it's an anthology series, where every entry just doesn't grab some people. If it's actually a majority's least favorite, I really don't get why. I think it's the part I've enjoyed the most so far!

Finally someone with taste.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

That was a most epic chapter of Jojolion.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I think Ringo Roadagain is epic.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Jojo is epic.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I hope we get to see the head doctor celebrating his <NINETIETH BIRTHDAY> at the higashikata estate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Are you a man of the sea or a man of the land?