Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Getting super hyped for today's episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

hatty posted:

Do the fingers still go in the pants? I must know

Unfortunately no

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

MachuPikacchu posted:

Florida woman loses liver over baseball bet

Florida man digs up airplane

Florida man kills self, then attempts murder

Florida woman run over by the 1974 Miami Dolphins

This reminds me, will Davidpro be able to use the Dolphins?

Also makes me wonder how they will handle Bohemian Rhapsody.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

tiistai posted:

I suppose the whole 89-year-old man(!) chase sequence with everyone getting randomly hurt would pretty much match Tsurugi's powers now then.

Finally Rei's scepticism is validated.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Relin posted:

is this the first time araki brought back a defeated antagonist (aside from dio)

Does Kobayashi count? He was brought back to judge Josuke and Rohan's game.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Would Fugo go to Disney World?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Expect My Mom posted:

it's not that Part 8 is "incomprehensible", is that Araki's writing isn't conducive to theories or predictions. He isn't worldbuilding on a level like Oda, where One Piece fans have correctly predicted entire arc plots before they started. We're not sure what he'll drop or add to the story next so it's easier to just go for the ride, even if it sucks.

I thought I had a good idea of Part 8 might go when Cato was introduced, but she's been MIA for like year so i dunno!

With Norisuke dead at the end of this she won't have anyone to troll anymore so maybe then will be her time to act.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Now I want a list of poo poo Bohemian Rhapsody theoretically made real.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Expect My Mom posted:

honestly? that's my new headcanon

Is it true that when Jotaro dies, his face is split open like Thoth predicted or was that just misinformation? I can't look at mangadex rn

e: the replies to that tweet point that jotaro always uses his opposite ear whenever he's shown on the phone so now i kinda think this is a One Piece level detail that we all missed

The tweet
https://twitter.com/lawyerdads/status/1148465799948132352

Jotaro destroying his hearing to prove a point owns and I hope it's true.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Now I want a Killer Queen and Speed King showdown and it has a decent chance of actually happening.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Speed King is going to evolve into King Crimson.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Do Not Pursue Akefu

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm over 89 years old

I'm more into knocking into us now

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Josuke is going to get Killer Queen and be able to shoot explosive bubbles like Kira at the end of Part 4.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I gotta say I'm mad that I didn't see how they got to the hospital coming.

It seems so obvious now.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I think someone already posted it, but this would have definitely been a better stand for Diavolo instead of KC.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oh my God I just noticed Josuke's underwear

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What part of Dragon's Dream don't people understand?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

How many stand powers can we explain just by pointing toward a TV show or movie?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I like that there are multiple instances of our protagonist actively choosing to gently caress themselves up.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Chapter link

https://mangadex.org/chapter/833525/1

since Joubin is the one to kill Norisuke and intimidate the rest of the family into silence I'm going to assume Tsurugi is working against Joubin in that one chapter just before the 7 days started.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

somepartsareme posted:

My friend was like "I can't believe Norisuke is dead" despite that we've known that and have been in flashbacks within flashbacks for like 2 years now

I think most people didn't buy it at first and thought it was a fakeout.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

goth smoking cloves posted:

In fairness it still could be?

Yeah that's what I'm thinking because of the panels focusing on Paper Moon King before the flashback.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Best fights discussion rule cause there's some fights like Beach Boy/Grateful Dead that just stick and then someone brings up a fight you forgot about and you remember that fight is sick as hell.

I love JoJo's.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

BaDandy posted:

Was the stand's name revealed yet? I hope it happens soon.

Nope

I hope it's named after an 89-Year old band.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Thinking about it this feels similar to how Tsurugi killed the Doobie Wah guy, everyone is trying to pursue the Head Doctor just like that one guy was following Joubin. Although the calamities seems to be everything around you instead of a full on bus collision.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

JOHN CENA posted:

the biggest loss we will all suffer to the Stone Ocean animation is there is likely not a chance that we get the infamous WHERE THE gently caress IS MICKEY!? scene.

They just need to make slight changes and it will be fine

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

RatHat posted:

Is the chapter uploaded anywhere else? Mangadex is loading really slow right now.

Mangadex seems to be working fine for me, but if it's still giving you trouble you can download the chapter directly from the translator's website
http://hiwamatanoboru.com

As for the chapter that whole conversation with the reporter was ridiculous.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I like to imagine Akefu is quietly mad that he never got the reporter to open the jar.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Does this mean the stand's name is Calamity?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rahu posted:

We can't be at the end yet unless something really wacky happens, which is always possible.

The story still has to loop back to the part where Tsurugi went to do some sort of shenanigans with Norisuke's body from ~a year ago.

Rereading that chapter I noticed some oddities like Daiya asking for Norisuke

Also Tsurugi messing around with Norisuke's body might be happening around 2 hours after Joubin kills Norisuke and gets owned by the Calamity stand. :psyduck:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

yeah actually they will posted:

Yeah... if only there was someone whose stand ability had to do with affecting memories

God drat it

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Possibly

Or might be the effect of California King Bed or Paper Moon King.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Between Vitamin C, Ozone Baby, and Tooru's attack I would be absent from that house too.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Funky Valentine posted:

I think they're just being used as visual aides as to what "normal" human woman look like and how Rock Folk women are completely indistinguishable.

What about the art pieces that are mixed in there?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Is Wonder of U the most sentient stand we've seen?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Johnny Joestar posted:

whitesnake's only ability was being able to shoot a gun, but only at pigeons.

pucci was just able to do the weird disc thing normally

My favorite forgotten detail of Pucci's disc ability is that he can imprint orders on them and stick them in people and it acts like Heaven's Door.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Part 5 had a literal Christ like figure at the very end and stories are only allowed one, it's the rules.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I like the idea that Giorno, Mista, and Trish are just having great time at Disney better tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

As much as I love talking about JoJo theory, an absolutely tremendous amount of Araki's writing basically boils down to "I learned/did a thing last week" and I'm guessing his editor gets a lot of very excited voicemails at very wierd hours.

Vaccine snake has to be the epitome of this.