Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
Got the DiU volume 1 today. It's put together like the jojoniums but doesn't have any original special features. It covers up to Keicho Nijimura's death, so two of the original volumes. DiU still owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
there are mysteries in the human body

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Expect My Mom posted:

it's just weird that johnny x gyro is the biggest ship in jojo that isn't canon

johnny was known to have been popular with ladies by chapter 1, he's bi. what was he supposed to do, marry gyro's corpse

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Steel Ball Run so far really does feel like an old western movie but I really don't understand the magic steel balls and their spinny powers
Like I did not understand this fight between a guy with bugs in his eyes that made cactuses explode vs steel balls, it would be so much easier if it was just stand shenanigans in a way.

there are many secrets in the human body

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
everyone knows that panel but not enough people talk about how he's holding a universal guidebook

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
the real reason sbr will never be animated is because it'll be impossible to handwave away how johnny moves around during action scenes

somepartsareme fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jun 8, 2019

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Johnny Joestar posted:

i've always kind of ascribed to the idea that someone has to know what the gently caress they're doing when they stab themselves with it

polnareff discovered requiem when he was using his stand to grab something that dropped behind a cabinet

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
yeah that adlib actually makes no sense but if it's censored anyway then whatever

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
walk into the club like you see i got a huge cock

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Momomo posted:

I thought the whole joke was "Jolyne is naive" since we see that the prison also has men in it. The guard just gave some excuse for why they were being searched in the same room.

the men's prison is a separate prison on the same island i thought

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
the real biggest mystery of part 6 is how emporio is decked out in cubs gear despite living in a prison in florida his entire life. now that i think about it i wonder if it's an allusion to the chicago fire?

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
turns out the end of part 5 is still bad both with a good translation and in animation

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
the fact that there are so many people who believe valentine was in the right proves he's the most realistic villain in any shonen manga

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Expect My Mom posted:

Speedwagon
Stroheim
Kakyoin
Polnareff
Nukesaku
Okuyasu
Yukako
Shigechi
Hazamada
Yuya
Mountain Tim
Diego
Hot Pants (she sorta was an antagonist)

ok but as a villain of the week acting as a villain of the week, i'm pretty sure hol horse is the only other example. also mountain tim was never a bad guy, all the horses bowed to him

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
Shhh, Soft & Wet

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
Woah. This is the dawn of a new age.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
poo poo not making sense is more acceptable if it's entertaining or satisfying to the story. i feel like people use "why are you complaining about this but not [wacky thing that happened in an early part]" as a gotcha when people nitpick at part 5, but the obvious answer to that question is that those are better written stories than part 5 is.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
all the sons of dio fights are some of the worst poo poo i've ever seen, but the ending is cool

e: EXCEPT SKY HIGH that kicks rear end

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
https://mangadex.org/chapter/665696/1

You ok there Araki???

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
hot nuts

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Improbable Lobster posted:

I get that, I just think it's weird that the book gave her powerful gaydar as well

i thought the thing was that she saw that scarlet had checked out that book

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
It's that time again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhJCbyjl5gA

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
kanpai

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
araki used all his shonen powers on the flawless masterpiece that is part 4, it's only natural there would be a dip in quality and coherence afterwards

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Augus posted:

they all come back as marginally different versions of themselves living much happier lives and emporio rides off into the sunset with them
the ending of hamlet this ain’t

johnny should have just let valentine bring back gyro from a different dimension, i mean he'd just be marginally different it doesnt really matter

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

I've always felt like I understood this panel but the more I look at it, the less I do. Kira is presupposing that the triangles are similar here but that's not necessarily the case, right? Really he would have to do something like comparing Josuke's known height to the height of his finger from his perspective, instead of just deciding that Josuke's distance from him must be relative to his height

e: Wait, I think it works if Kira happens to be standing where Josuke appears to be the same height as his finger from his perspective and I'm just dumb. Anyway, we sure don't get panels like this anymore huh?

somepartsareme fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Jan 27, 2020

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
This is why part 4 is in fact the best part

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
My friend was like "I can't believe Norisuke is dead" despite that we've known that and have been in flashbacks within flashbacks for like 2 years now

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
I just wanted to say another manga I'm reading started getting scanlated by HWMN and I can't stop noticing all the annoying HWMN-isms. It was less than 10 chapters to a "gehoh gehoh"

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
Dio would have won if he didn't try to kick with his bad leg

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
Tooru is the doctor's stand

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Technowolf posted:

Maybe we can get Acutally Gay Jojo this time instead of an editorially-mandated copout like Stone Ocean.

is there any actual source that lesbian annasui was supposed to be a thing and not just another thing araki changed his mind about

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
If you think about it we're all traveling through time, man

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
starting to think Araki has actually gone senile

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
those two are just the only non-joestar women he remembers from previous parts

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

fractalairduct posted:

So do we know the reference?

The stand name? It's an Elvis song

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
It's self-evident that there's not a single thing that's good to overlook

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
I'm starting to strongly think every part that doesn't have a character called Dio in it directly (flashbacks don't count) is actually bad. Part 4 being the exception that proves the rule of course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

GruntMountain posted:

If we regard mixed reception and a dislike towards elements of a part as things that make it "bad", then you're more likely to see a Dio-featuring part being bad than a Dio-abstinent part being bad.

part 6 flashbacks don't count and part 3 is good, actually