Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I wonder what the eventual dub will change Foo Fighters to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/kaelanramos/status/1415427964892745735?s=21

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Part 9 could be about anything, but I'd be all in if it was called Jojomama.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Part 9 is just the story of Jesus but written like a Jojo story.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I wonder how many names will need changed for the subtitles/dub overall, since I'm unsure how many have already gotten them.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Hey Ya! Is one I’ve seen put as the worst, and it felt like it was supposed to get more than we got of it, but it’s not actively harmful to the user and seems to give okay advice.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Josuke and Hol Horse are a buddy cop duo who do the good cop/bad cop act, except by bad cop Hol Horse is literally bad at everything and keeps hurting himself

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The Emperor Requiem

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The part 7 anime will just lead to a ton of ball jokes

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

It would be kind of funny if Holy had some absolutely devastating Stand but was too nice to really use it.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Just think of how many stand fights would have ended faster if the stand just up and used a gun instead of their often specific and convoluted ways of killing people

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

We’re lucky Stone Ocean takes place before Rick and Morty came out, if they use Warner Bros owned properties.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

This is what happens when you don't bring Koichi

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I like how when Avdol sees how hot Dio is his only response is to jump out a window and flee

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Part 7 anime will introduce anime only viewers to Sandman, and people are going to wonder how satisfying his arc will end up.

I’d also want to see Part 7 Stand name changes

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Is there a limit to what Rohan can even write in someone? His only real weakness is he gets too curious and focused on one specific thing it screws him over

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Can’t beat Shizuka Joestar if you can’t see where she is.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Just wait until it’s localized to Soft and Moist

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I do like how Hol Horse has on paper what is probably one of the most effective stands in a fight but is just a gently caress-up most of the time, and I'm glad we're seeing more of him.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Parts 4 and after work on having some kind of healing aspect for the main characters, but I do like how Part 3 they just get hosed up week after week and just end up okay like they have latent healing abilities.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

It would be out of place if a Stand user showed up to fight them and Avdol just smoked them right before they could even fight.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I forget, was there anything preventing people from just going up and just beating up the D'arby brothers without playing the games?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Is there a stand user Hol Horse would actually be confident in fighting?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Hol Horse beats the older D’Arby brother because instead of bluffing he’s panicking while having a royal flush

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Imagine if they kept doing accents when they dubbed part 5

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Invisibility is a fun power to write because it's an inherently useful ability with a ceiling that doesn't veer into completely overpowered.

Plus I do think having it on a baby who can't control it but making it basically adopted by the Joestars with no follow up might be the biggest opportunity that was never followed up on in the series.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Thus Spread Kishibe Rohan

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

That poor guy who took the sandwich that one hand touched.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Green, Green Grass of House

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The video game fight is a lot better when you realize the other half of the team is in a desperate fight for their lives against Vanilla Ice at the same time

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

If you describe them the right way you could probably frame the cast of parts 2-6 as awful people.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

FirstAidKite posted:

The argument can be made for Judgement, Cinderella, and Goo Goo Dolls, since they're more of just lying through omission or lying about the process through which the stand works.

I think Goo Goo Dolls was more the person not really sure what it did and was just kind of assuming it worked like that.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Part 5 ends with Mista sadly doing the dance him and the other two did on the boat, but alone.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Imagine being the Boomboom family and finding out you didn’t get the bomb stand

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Tarzan was a Pillar Man

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Pillar Men but they all pick up different regional US accents

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Abba chip is Speedwagon if he didn’t like his JoJo

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I wonder if they tried to explain anything to the ambulance driver to make him feel better

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

As much as I’m just ok with Part 8’s ending at best the mom coming back and kicking rear end with a deck of cards was cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Which American city will anger Rohan the most, put him there