Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I live in Hawaii so it's neat to see a series I like, take place in the state I live. Also nthing that the opening was tasteless, but also it's fun watching the cops get hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Joke Miriam posted:

A new translation by a group called dogpark is out. Anyone know anything about them? On an extremely cursory glance it seems to read a bit more organically, but that doesn't mean its a good translation.

I think their Jojolion translation was fine. I think the general consensus is that Dogpark tends to be less literal and more localized and natural in dialogue while the other one tends to stick a more stiffly to a literal translation. So based on the previous series, it mostly comes down to who's phrasing you prefer specifically.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Oh boy the fandom discourse is already happening about Dragona. My personal favorite are the weirdos who are saying Dragona's actually for real a dude because the name's a nonsensical english centric pun about drag :shepface:

Vookatos posted:

Congrats to Araki embracing himself and finally making all protag having nothing but Body Horror stands. The guy just loves drawing humans be decimated in the weirdest ways.

Weird how no stands are punch ghosts, as it seems like the usual type for him. Even Kiss, a stand that could just be nothing but sticker, had a body that could punch. I wonder if November Rain, as people have already said, can swap into something that punches? Or maybe it'll just stomp on people real hard with its spike legs.

I am looking forward to what I hope is a series of weird conceptual stands, those were always my favorite. A dude punching another dude while his ghost punches the other dude's ghost is cool and all; but watching someone do crimes with a bunch of little dudes is always fun.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I hope we learn more about what music the jojos like in this series.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

zetamind2000 posted:

It blows my mind that we've reached the point where JoJo's protagonists are teenagers during or after 2020

We're going on an adventure with a group that has at least one character that's spent the past few years calling people sus

At the risk of holding Araki too hard to reality; it was only around late last year that businesses took down their "YOU MUST WEAR MASKS" signs and by now all of the locals have stopped wearing masks. So I'm going to assume this series takes place tomorrow.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Let's just say Jodio and Dragona are vaccinated

A lot of people here are! The reason we dropped mask rules and poo poo were because of tourists :argh:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

CodfishCartographer posted:

He is absolutely covered in dragon tattoos IDK how it's not obvious.

Reddit is full of idiots, and seems to be the primary source for that poo poo as far as I can tell.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

tbh most jojo analysis content is on the level of "did joskay time travel to save themself?" so i give it a pass

Reading the old bad scans I was very confused by whether or not this happened, it's true.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Rohan looks outside, squints as cowboys on horseback ride past his house, shuts the curtains and goes back to his manga.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I hope that's just a colony of feral cats and they're not like, minions of anyone or anything. They're just cats. I'm loving this little adventure of "Things Araki Learned About Hawaii"

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Those weren't cat heads, they were potatoes! Will forever be an all time reveal.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

What if it's a kakyoin situation where he joins the party then never uses his stand in cool ways again

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

amigolupus posted:

It's refreshing to see that Meryl Mei seems to actually be a good boss. She gives everyone a decent cut and let them keep the stuff they stole. And when she realizes their mission went too smoothly for the amount of time they stayed in Hawaii, she even asks everyone to come clean to her now before poo poo really hits the fan and they have to beg her to bail them out. I hope she remains on their side because it's refreshing to have a crime boss who looks out for her underlings.

I hope she stays cool. Also I like that I recognize many places in this series so far.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Dio's villain coat looks pretty fun

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

I feel "can X be a Stand" will always be "yes". Everything can be a Stand. Every person around you may be a Stand user.

More stands need to be stand users.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

grieving for Gandalf posted:

that's either Anubis or Killer Queen with Sheer Heart Attack depending on how you view it

And they both own so we need more :colbert: