Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I like JoJo :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The DIU volume 1 is very much the same print and translation quality as JoJonium, but its outer design like the cover, spine and insert are better than the JoJoniums in Araki's newest style.

And it's DIU in English. What more could you ever need?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Is he really 89 years old!?!?!?!?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Jolyne is some good fuckin' mojo

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Objectively speaking, they're true bangers.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dogs do things very deliberately, but their judgement is well beyond that of a human, we should not deign to understand or question their puppy ways.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I can believe that Hato would be crazy for Damo, he was extremely hot.
I can believe that Giorno would steal 100 cars.
I wholly accept that Sheer Heart Attack has no weakness.

I will NOT accept that he is 89 years old. It is NOT TRUE.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I've only just got a chance to watch but I really like the new bits of the opening.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's definitely uneven. It peaks real good but some of it is just uninteresting. It's not even especially bad, just uninteresting.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

King Crimson should definitely have had the chance to go out in a blaze of violent glory rather than what we get. It's really good to look at, the power is interesting (baffling) and it's just cool as gently caress.

A 1v1 sort of thing like DIO's World would have been the poo

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Jojolion is a weird series but the weirdest thing about it is how horny the whole series is for Yasuho. Almost every character is trying to gently caress her. It's to the point where I wonder if she's under the effect of an enemy stand.

Araki being an immortal means his body works differently, so he's actually only just reached puberty.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ojiro can't be calling the hospital director.
When was the last time you saw an 89 year old who can use a phone?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

We know who he is calling.

Do we? I legit can't remember a thing.
I'm getting old.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Oh, I remember now.

I hope we see some more stupid sexy Kira flashback real soon.
Love me some sail boys

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

BRING ON THE GAY GIRLS

STONE OCEAN WHERE YOU AT

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Szmitten posted:

One of my beefs with Stone Ocean is that there are in fact no gay girls and the one gay girl there could have been was redrawn into a dude.

They're fuckin gay!!!!!!!

It's been a day, unleash them already!!!!!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Expect My Mom posted:

King Crimson has the baby angry face literally just because Araki saw Total Recall, that's a known fact

Remember how they remade that film with Colin Farrell?

I wish King Crimson could erase that from existence.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's literally impossible that an 89 year old can place a newspaper ad, something fishy is going on...

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Just imagine if he's actually 98 :catstare:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Getting purposely hosed up to the point of needing an ICU so you can smash a dudes face in is extremely good

Josuke is a good lad

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://hiwamatanoboru.com/2019/11/18/jojolion-92/

Megaton chapter

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

CodfishCartographer posted:

Honestly he probably just doesn't know what it means in Spanish. The pronunciation is likely supposed to be more even all throughout, each syllable getting roughly the same speaking time and emphasis. Lo-ca-ca-ca.

I also wonder if "rokakaka" and "locacaca" are supposed to be the same word all along.

They are the same word and sound the same.
HWMN's translator is a stickler for translating how things should be in strict Hepburn kinda poo poo.

It's why Jousuke is Jou when literally everything has the Josukes as Jo and why Jotaro is almost never Joutarou now.

A good scan group would adopt Arakis visual localisations when the make sense as a word in English.

Like we know Kaato is meant to start with C but nope

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

JoJolion has also climaxed like three times already

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ringo Roadagain might be the sexiest dude in JoJo tbh.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

apropos of nothing:

No one understands Dragon's Dream.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The hardest thing to understand in JoJo is people who think Joseph is the best JoJo

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

@Son of Thunderbeast

Deal with it bud

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

My favourite thing about Josuke being Josefumi/Yoshikage is that the story has kinda just settled on only Kira being relevant anyway

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Araki my dude what the gently caress do you smoke and where do I get it

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

overmind2000 posted:

New chapter is up on MangaDex

I can't decide if this chapter was the result of Araki spinning his wheels for a month or if he genuinely thinks we need to spend half of a chapter learning deep rock human lore and his musings on biology. The first fourteen pages are completely skippable, what a loving disappointment

what are you on about?
many of us have been wanting to learn about this for roughly a decade.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

yearly

why wasn't aisho's stand "rock you like a hurricane"?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I love JoJolion but it's easily the least focused and probably most inconsistent in regards to plot points not being relevant and would have benefit from having a definitive villain maybe 50 (of its 100) issues ago.
I've not done a page count but I'd imagine it's also officially the longest part now, considering SBR didn't begin with 40 page chapters.

And frankly, even though I love JoJo so much and it is the true meaning of life, I'm not sure I want a part 9 if the lack of focus and inconsistency of things being ultimately relevant is going to worsen. If it does happen, and I'd trust Araki to change the formula as he has a lot of form for it, I'd like it to be another this is the end goal, get there thing like Part 3, SBR etc. For all the memes, Araki is actually getting fairly old and JJL has already taken 9 years. Like Karera was cool and she said she'd be back but where is she? Kaato's probably going to be back but I don't think I'd bet large on that mattering hugely.

Basically, I'd be sad but okay with JJL being the end.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Aug 18, 2020

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Joshu has always sucked and his skeeviness has always been surplus to requirements.

This new chapter takes that and takes it from un-necessary and poo poo to 10 steps too far.
This ain't it Araki, even if Joshu gets fuckin' owned at the end once again.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hell yeh

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

yeah but instead of naruto vs valentine how about kuwabara enters to morioh to bro out with the lads???

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

yesss

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

overmind2000 posted:

New chapter is on MangaDex

Araki, it turns out, doesn't forget

Assuming it's not a translation error, he totally forgot their first name!!!

But yeah, the ultimate in gently caress you would be for Yasuho to do naughty things with Josuke with Joshu's hand so that's what I want to happen in the ending.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Actually I’m pretty sure this is the first time we learned her real name! Kyo Nijimura is her alias, but now we know her actual name is Kei Kira.

So why is it saved as Kei in Joshu's phone?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/Kewl0210/status/1329154034368962563

there it is.
Kyo was an error.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If my colleagues are any indicator, being even basic bitch level at google-fu is a genuine superpower to 99% of people

Genuinely wish they'd just seach "EXCEL COPY WITHOUT FORMATTING" for once in their lives instead of dragging me into a feckin zoom call for 5 minutes to show them the magic of Paste Special