Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Now Fun Fun Fun is back in the mix?? What is HAPPENING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Baron La Croix posted:

Is he a man of the jacuzzi or a man of the land...?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Pewdiepie posted:

Part 6 is better than part 7.

no.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

if gappy's getting overlooked it's only because he isn't an 89-year old man

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

he [wore it]

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

this guy's age doesn't make sense

i have trouble believing he's an 89 year old man

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Improbable Lobster posted:

they're because of a stand called「We Will Rock You」

remember this post when this ends up actually true

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Baron La Croix posted:

Is he a man of the jacuzzi or a man of the land...?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i count jolyne because authorial intent

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

The most important thing is the men. The beautiful men and their perishing

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

to establish how much you should hate a villain, he has them kill an italy every time they show up on screen

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

this is the same man whose face blew up the same way like four different times

if there's one thing i'll assume araki did on purpose, it's when it involves damaging his beautiful men. he clearly has a partition separating 'anime holes spewing blood' and actual injuries

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i guess he was a man of the jacuzzi in the end

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

the heat is not very much, th-*blood fountaining from eyes and nose as entire brain flashmelts like he posted too much*

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

grieving for Gandalf posted:

not yet. he's gonna do a rokakaka fusion with someone else and combine Stand abilities

Nut King Call: i can't think of any particularly wild power for this to create with Speed King which means there's probably something really wild

Paper Moon King: lose the ability to differentiate between heat! i mean pretty scary but not boss scary

King Nothing: alright being able to throw scent-tracking jigsaw pieces carrying not that much trapped heat over an unknown upper limit of distance is extremely terrifying. this is like fusing josuke's glass shard attack to kira's exploding air bubbles

California King Bed: if you fuss over joubin a small amount of your heat shoots out of your eye in a chess piece???????

Walking Heart: taking foot fetishes to enticing new heights

Awaking III Leaves: at this point that'd just be freely controlling heat (only a little), huh

Kaato's Stand: pick a card, any card. you pulled the jack of a tiny quantity of heat

real talk if this is where we're going i feel like fusing with norisuke's dead body or whatever's the best bet.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Dragonwagon posted:

Did we ever make guesses on what's the part 6 ED is going to be?

Cause I think this would work pretty well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHibSVAIeac

we have never, ever been remotely close. we always get got

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

but diavolo employs, enables, shelters, and directs every single one of those more deserving villains

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

a perfectly normal day defending serial killers and the drug kingpin crime bosses who actively promote and employ them in the jojo thread

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyH2kU4NjHA

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Johnny Joestar posted:

my post wasn't facetious, by the way. i think araki saw that movie and thought it was cool as gently caress so he worked it into stone ocean as soon as he could.

at least 50% of araki's writing technique

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

maybe it's maybelline

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

is this 89 year old man really knocking into us??

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

has any jojo character ever been quite as constantly horribly mutilated as mamezuku

also, downer: mamezuku has zero chemistry with anyone else in the cast

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

fractalairduct posted:

If you guys are going to talk about a new chapter without linking it can you please use spoiler tags

https://mangadex.org/chapter/692547

fair, apologies

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Jojolion...

This joke...

89 posts old...

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

This runtime, 89 seconds... are we sure that's correct?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

is that evil speedwagon

IS THAT EVIL SPEEDWAGON

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

RatHat posted:

I still want Tooru to be a red herring but it doesn't seem likely at this point. He's definitely connected to the head doctor and the rock humans somehow, maybe he even IS the head doctor and the old man is his stand or something.

I was thinking that their faces looked a little similar. Look at the noses in particular.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

all jojos are good.

however some jojos are not good because they're good but rather only because of ghiaccio

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i think a jojo end villain isn't a proper end villain unless they are crowded

kira: a man wearing another man's face whose stand has two sub-stands and contains yet another stand user inside its stomach, whose closest accomplice is a flying photo of his dad

DIO: a vampire head on his boyfriend's body with a clone stand who digivolves into double david bowie

kars: SEX = USELESS

but yeah i agree, splitting the powers between the personalities would've been incredible. there's something thematic there in diavolo ending up losing clear control of his fate once he finally sheds the last part of him that's arguably human

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Improbable Lobster posted:

diavolo has the best hair of all the big baddies

i'm loving sorry?

diavolo's hair makes me feel like he doesn't bother washing it enough because he'd have to acknowledge his own physicality for that

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i only see three, wrong thread

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

New Chapter

what?????????????????????

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

the old man...
...this thread...
...89 pages?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

TheLoneStar posted:

I only just now remembered that Speedwagon died at the age of 89. Coincidence?

Yeah, probably.

Patware posted:

is that evil speedwagon

IS THAT EVIL SPEEDWAGON

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

king crimson casually mulched three people, all of whom were extremely effective fighters, one of which was a legit stand nonsense veteran

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

a legitimate treasure of this age

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

CHAAAASE YOU

CHAAAASE YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

if anyone is alt-Diavolo it's the dude made of two people whose power is to remove things. a sailor is like a mafia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

this power's been shown for like a bunch of chapters now so i don't think it needs to be tagged:

it looks like it is, at the least, an effect where your body becomes absurdly susceptible to impact if you decide to Chase a man who is apparently 89 years old (but i don't know if i buy it). there also seems to be an additional effect where objects just trundle into your path. i can't remember if contact from other people counts? i think the cops weren't having their hands going right through jousuke or mamezuku

but from the latest, i guess if you're going after Akefu because someone else told you to, or you're doing it for the explicit sake of someone else, or you have no other choice, his Stand might not fire? that part's still pretty unclear. it might just be that if there is any external impetus at all upon you to go after him, the Stand doesn't work