Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
The wind blew over my crappy old mailbox so I'll be putting up a new one. I guess the only question I have is what should I use to stake it down while the concrete dries so it doesn't tip over?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
Well I was planning on redoing part of my front yard with gravel or pavers or something and I feel like I may have unearthed a bastard of a situation. My main irrigation line runs from the street through this part of the yard

The shut off for everything is in that metal thing. The main line comes up then splits into two lines. Those two green boxes are my pressure reducer and the filter. The other green box is the main shut off for not just my neighbor behind me, but the neighbor next to him. Apparently the right most 18 inches or so of the yard is a shared easement between my neighbor and I for the irrigation line to get to his house and his neighbor's house. I've talked to them and they're cool with me covering up the area with gravel or whatever.

Apparently the city is planning on installing water meters for our irrigation lines "at the point of service". Which makes it sound like they'll be putting it in right at the point where it exits the street. They also state on their site "Ownership and/or use of a service connection by more than one property is prohibited. Use of pressurized irrigation water from the service connection of a different user by a person or entity not contracted to use that service is prohibited."

Now I'm wondering how the gently caress this is all going to work out. Where will their water meters go? I'm calling the water district on Monday to hopefully figure it all out. I'm hopeful this doesn't get real dumb and they accuse us of water theft

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
The landscapers came by and did the front lawn. Pretty sure the maintenance of it is covered under the HOA but the wording is vague, gonna wait and see if it ever gets cut. Mostly I want to get rid of the lawn mower and the patch of grass is less than 150 sqft, not even worth having a full size mower