Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

I got the milwaukee m12 ones for loving with all the japanese maples and bamboo I’ve got on our property

I’m definitely gonna lose a finger one of these days lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Eeyo posted:

Alright thanks for the suggestions!

Another question:

I was going to seed a little area for a native planting. Should I call the dig hotline to get a locate around that area to make sure there aren't utilities nearby? I'm not actually going to dig, so I'm not sure if the call-before-you-dig service is the "right" thing to use. I'm in chicago 'burbs if that matters.

just look around the area to see if your electric meter, gas meter, or coax / fiber boxes are nearby. fiber and coax lines to homes are usually done as cheaply and lazily as possible and can be like 1” deep in places. if you’re far away from them then you’ll probably be just fine, but if you gently caress it up you’ll get in trouble if you didn’t call 811

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Eeyo posted:

I’m mostly concerned about the sewer, I think the area is away from the incoming utilities. I know there’s a sewer cleanout port on the same side of the house I’ll be planting but IDK where the sewer actually exits.

811 will not mark sewer lines other than those in the street so you’re SOL. if you see the clean out though it’s most likely that it’s close to a straight shot from that to the street where the main is as there’s typically little reason to weave it around in someone’s yard

also your service line will typically be feet deep, not inches deep, so I wouldn’t fret about it especially if you’re hand digging, not using an excavator to plant flowers lol