Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

mastershakeman posted:

I did that last year and it didn't do poo poo

When you say this, can you describe all the steps you took to prep and what exactly you threw down when?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah I myself need to build something that needs to hold back at most 2 feet of soil only at the deep end and I’ve been wondering how lazy I could get with it.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I can't imagine getting anywhere with a shovel and a small hand axe like that. That's something I would first go to my mattock for to really penetrate and cut more deeply.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

AmbassadorofSodomy posted:

Problem with tiles is you can't predict how they'll end up.

I think about this too often

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I’m slowly going to redo all our beds with stacked timber’s for borders and mostly 90 degree bends and I can’t freaking wait.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I don’t know how different VA was than Southeast PA but we just got done with a brutal stretch of dry days and a month of really high temps. If you also haven’t been watering… yeah.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

My son took off at the beach in Ocean City NJ and for whatever reason there is a shitload of that stuff on the dunes and he walked right into it and immediately started screaming and I contemplated leaving him there as I tried to flick them all out of his leg and foot. loving horrendous little buggers.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Disclaimer: I don’t know poo poo about hardscaping

Shouldn’t you try to match the stone after it’s been power washed? Otherwise it seems like you’re now trying to match another variable (weathering) and if it all ever does get washed it might be mismatched?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

We had those pop-up drain emitters installed and they did them as a single piece connected to the downspout but added a cleanout Y where the 90 is.