Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

mcgreenvegtables posted:

It grew in great and looked amazing and was weed free until early this summer. Now we have random hostas and crap from the old landscaping and a ton of weeds in the yard. Is there a way for me to 1) get rid of the weeds and 2) take better care of the lawn so they don't come back? Caveat is my wife has banned the use of Roundup.

The simplest answer would be to move. If that's not practical, then spreading about 10 yards of salt on your lawn ought to do the trick. If any kind of chemical herbicide is out of the question, you just have to go mechanical. Pull the fuckers out and burn or bag them. They are going to keep coming. Wind, running water, insects, animals, and all kinds of things are going to carry the seeds there. The struggle to subjugate and tame Nature is a long, hard road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU