Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

That is how I want to go Supporting Science and Explosives. Strap me into a high explosive hell chair and let it rip. In all kidding aside I hope when I naturally die my donated body tissue goes to someone needing a tissue donation rather than a body part outlet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

MRE Chat

I have the Jalapeno Curry Beef with Potatoes or Beef Stew what should I have for dinner?

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

I went with Beef stew. Instead of Tabasco I went with Red Devil hot sauce. More vinegar in Red Devil I swear Beef stew might be addictive. It is two steps better than Dinty More Goop. Anyone remember the awful Tuna thing. Blech

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

I actually ate the four fingers of death aka hotdogs. I was backpacking and found a black garbage bag hanging in a tree. It had 3 very early MRE's in it. It was left over from a forest fire a few years ago where they helicoptered in some early MRE's to the wildland firefighters. I ate them. Free food I was poor as poo poo back then. Thanks Forest Service and the Military.

I have the flu and that is what compelled me to eat an MRE I had rattling around in my Death Valley kit. I did not want to cook. If you goons want to visit Death Valley NP contact me. I love that park. I can point you towards where to go depending on how much time you have to spend.

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

Most of the Tomato based pasta's are OK if I use some Tabasco. Cheese Tortellini that is you. Spaghetti and Beef Stew are the ones that stand out throughout the years as great. I have not had many of the deserts lately because they are scarce but that really rich Brownie was good. Jalapeno cheese and the normal cheese is pretty good on saltines but what the hell is going on with the Bacon cheese. Bacon cheese is salty very salty.

The new sandwiches are not so great.

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

The Phoenix Costco had a line to the door this morning before it opened and a cop was there. How much poo poo paper can you use in your 2 week self quarantine.

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

Since we are all Idiots and the pandemic sucks. Should we organize a Secret Santa this year or sit it out?

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I was intending to run it again ill start the thread mid October

Sounds good I Look forward to it every year.

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

I want to see this

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

I just steal the hard drive an leave a post it note.

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

Or you could just put the post it note under the optical mouse I guess.

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

I just always answer yes when someone asks me if it is Hot-swappable.

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

I had to stop myself the other day when asking a new guy if he had a cable stretcher. He told me he didn't so I just told him who to talk to that would fix his problem. Getting old either sucks or gets better I guess.

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

I like when I get emails when a user has locked themselves out. It prepares me for the phone call. Sometimes I just never get the call? I know they are not ghost users because it is a real person. They just say nope don't need that access anymore.

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

I was the Idiot this time I might have shared this story before.

We found this siren unit from a cop car and being the nerds we were we found power supply to power it. We were now in command of a 120 watt PA with 4 siren sounds. We were giddy with our new found treasure!

Let me tell you we were being true Idiots and lit up that siren like we were a stationary Ambulance for 10 minutes.
We then thought it would be funny to start reciting mathematical equations over the PA.
Then more math problems were told. I am not sure why that was a good idea at the time. Still not sure why but we were laughing our asses off all through this.

I think someone said "Hey we might get caught" so radio silence commenced.

We all still got caught.

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

You are Welcome here, I am the Idiot hahahahahaha!

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

Hey am I the Idiot to try to ride an Amtrak cross country for 2 days? I keep hearing to have fun on the train or just go and fly across the country instead.

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

The Gila Wilderness was the best for me in southern New Mexico. Backpacking for a few days into no where and actually watching the glow of satellites pass overhead. We had some jets doing low low level flying pass over us one night. Loud for 30 seconds then nothing. I was on a mountain top one night and saw the orange beacon in the distance then another and another. It turned out to be some sort of military plane convoy flying below the peak I was on I think there was 4 of them.

We watched a storm roll in one night as we were on another mountain peak and ran downhill before it showed up. It was a very bad electrical storm. We heard tree's cracking as they got struck by lightning. Wild night for sure.

I want to head north and see the Northern Lights how do those look from being in the boonies vs a City?

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

What was the best part about that trip?

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

So everyone knows I am the Idiot tonight. I have not learned how to use a real in my hand sextant. The stars are some what seeable over the smoke tonight. No excuse but hey everyone have a yeehaw night.

My Lungs Hurt Bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

That quilt looks amazing if it was hand quilted wow. I want a long arm sewing machine with a walking foot someday. The Quilts I could make.