Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
There was a short story i read in highschool (1999) about a couple drinking and watching the sunset from there kitchen. It goes on to describe the red hues being cast in the room and their pulse as they sat in silence. I might be a little off in my description, but i only read it once. Id love to read it again if anyone happens to know it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
I didnt realize that episode of simpsons was titled Lisa the Greek. Its named after sportscaster Jimmy the Greek who was fired for racist comments in '88.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Hammu-rob-i posted:

80's fantasy movie targeted to children. I remeber there was a kid that had some sword of noteriety. I vaguely remember there being some crack in a mountain where he might have transported to a fantasy world and the villain was a guy named Kartow or similar

Mio in the Land of Faraway? Christopher Lee plays the villain Kato

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

!Klams posted:

I used to have some Japanese metallic lime green mtg sleeves, that were really limey, and loved them. All the other lime green sleeves I've found are kinda closer to apple green. I've asked in more mtgish places, but to no avail.

I remember Ultra Pro had some lime green metallics that had a slightly bumpy texture, but i know those arent in production.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/256140974660

Kmc had some metallic green sleeves, but i wouldnt consider them Lime.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Hirayuki posted:

This should get you started: https://www.onesnladay.com/2019/12/17/
(sorry, phone posting)

https://vimeo.com/125683092

Video of thanks to Hirayuki doin all the leg work.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Not the same issue, but if you're interested in the romance titles from the 50s, DC released a facsimile edition of Young Romance #125 last month. Facsimile comics are a recent trend of reprints that keep all the old adds and what not in the issue. Only difference is the price and the company logo usually. Oh and the size format. Stuff from the 50s (golden age) was wider than silver age from the 60s and the current stuff after 1974.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Just get the 11.5 on goat. I couldnt find 11s anywhere. Ive used StockX.com for shoes as well, but the prices for this one are too high on there. Goat 11.5 should be around 100 pounds with shipping.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

And that right there is why I collect church lady cookbooks. All those recipes that would otherwise be lost (and it's also fun to see people's different variations on the same type of food). I love how woefully incomplete some of them are, too, as if the people who submitted them just take it for granted that you'll know what size pan to use, or how long to bake something. Like, those are the recipes that were handed down through someone's family and whoever submitted them can do them from memory, so of course they don't need to give full instructions for someone preparing the dish for the first time.

This was most of my grandmas recipes. I also had to translate them from german to english and wonder why she used dekagrams through out. Is that common in the metric world? I thought most just used grams or kilograms. She also contributed to a small local cookbook Womans Club of the Danube Swabian Society of Chicago. Recipes in there range from "combine these ten cans and bake" to excellent christmas cookies and meals. There is also the occassional list of ingredients and no instructions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Zopotantor posted:

I think dekagrams were commonly used in Austria (and possibly parts of southern Germany). I've never seen them in my mother’s various cookbooks (some of which I inherited).

Well that would make sense. She lived in Austria and Romania among other places in that region before immigrating to the US. Thanks!