Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
I'm currently reading Supersta Billy Grahams book and had few questions.

- Was Billy really that influential. He himself makes it sound like he was GOAT and everyone cripped from him?

- He talks about when he was touring and defending his belt, Bobo did the favours for him. He mentions that he didnt feel a thing during to whole match as Bobo took it so lightly. Then he says "It was sign of courtesy and respect". Was it common back in his day for challenger to not lay it stiff on the champ and keep him fresh for the next town? How would it be taken today if Tana or Okada would take it easy and only show up for two or three times a year?

- Vince is quoted here saying "I always thought that we missed the boat with Superstar, and quite frankly, had I been in charge at the time, he would have been Hulk Hogan for me".. Would that have worked? I've never really seens Graham so i dont really know how over he really was but could he have been in Hogans spot? Where would the industry be today if that had happen?

- he mentions that his wrestlingstyle was a "strongman" style, i gues a style that leans heavily on power holds like bearhugs and such. What is the best example of this kind of style?

And lastly i found it funny when Graham recounted how Dusty used to mutter to himself, i guess to time it perfectly before he hit the bionic elbow

"There was a rhythm to the way Dusty threw his "bionic elbow", as if he was dancing to a melody in his mind. He'd hold you in place, pause a moment and mutter, : "Dit, dit, dit, dit, dit" conducting his personal opera while dropping the elbow".

Have you wrestling goons ever witnessed something similar in the ring?

TheCool69 fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Sep 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Speaking of Stevie, is there a reason why he wasnt a bigger star? He had ä good look, could work and cut a promo.

Was it the size? The bwo stuff branding him as a "comedy wrestler"? Association with ECW?

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
I guess this is the right time and place to ask this, but somehow i dont get all the complaining people do when someone signs a contract .

Are they mad that their favorite is no longer performing for small crowds for a (i imagine) quite small play? And now they make more money which i assume is every wrestlers goal?

Are people someway disapointed or feel let down that someone chooses money? I dont get the constant negative posting and complaining about creative and catering
Are people seriously thinking that somehow spending time in WWE is lessening someone? Make them worse? I see it as someone is making money, not getting hurt and hopefully building a future so they dont have to tour the world when they are 70 years old and break their body for cheap pops and gifs

TheCool69 fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Oct 21, 2019

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Thinking about Seth and Fiend and how lame ot really was, I want to know some real blood feuds or rivalries that had real heat and satisfying and beliavable end?

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
I'm dying at that Michael Cole line about Malenko.

What is your favorite commentary taking a piss of a wrestler moment?

And best color commentator popping for something that was said (i imagine Heenan got Gorilla many times)

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

When did they first start referring to Mick offhandedly by his real name, I kinda remember it being really early in his WWF run

Had to be before The Rock i quit match because they had Foleys family there and i remember JR referring Mankind as Foley

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Goddamnit can somebody help me find, which Lapsed Fan episode has them reading Julie Harts book. I know it the Montreal episodes but i cant find it.

I need to hear Boss reacting to Brett loving Julie and saying "one more for the road" and then divorcing her

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Why is Canadian Destroyer everywhere know? Seems like everyone does it and the move has lost its "impact".. is it because it pretty simple to do? Does it even pop the crowd anymore?

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
I recently discovered the Observer Rewinds 92-01 and loved reading through those.

The brother who did them mentions on that fellow redditor did the same for 80's observers and another one did for the MMA ones.

I could not find them on google, so my questions is are they still available and did somebody make them in epub format?

Love reading them on my ebook reader

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
I have a vivid memory of seeing (maybe) Big Kev mimicking pouring a drink while having someone waiting to take a jackknife.

Am i crazy or did Kev or Scott also mimic doing coke lines as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
That made me think... what is the most out of pocket taunt like that...

For me it must be Road Dogg loving your rear end before his pumphandle... i wonder how many times he got away with it before somebody slapped him for the disrespect