Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

thinking about how Pusha T destroyed Drake when they were beefing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

been reading robert coover's the public burning. good stuff. i think it would interest the c-spam hivemind

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Suplex Liberace posted:

thinking about how Pusha T destroyed Drake when they were beefing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4XH3LYleDA

shanked him so bad he started taking care of his kid, absolute legendary moment

You Are Hiding A Child

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Gumball Gumption posted:

Did you make this Photoshop so you could talk about chimp dicks?

hey everyone get a load of this guy who doesn't want to talk about chimpdick

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4XH3LYleDA

shanked him so bad he started taking care of his kid, absolute legendary moment

You Are Hiding A Child

This track dropped and Drake did a press conference the next day. Just utter defeat. Re-listening right now. It is so good.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

still listen to adidon every once in a while, and look up youtube reactions to people listening to it from when it dropped

timeless

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Spergin Morlock posted:

hey everyone get a load of this guy who doesn't want to talk about chimpdick

tragic

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

Ripley is great, enjoying the semi-gender-swapped Freddie Miles (does it count as a "swap" if the actor is nonbinary and the character is still referred to as male... eh whatever, Eliot Sumner is great anyway)
This is the second time a supporting character in a thriller played by Phillip Seymour Hoffman named Freddie has been gender swapped. really makes u think

Cookie Cutter has issued a correction as of 10:09 on Apr 24, 2024

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

rip damo

https://canofficial.bandcamp.com/album/live-in-paris-1973

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

E: whoops

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

here have this

https://twitter.com/CoolBoxArt/status/1783041435698336057?t=M4_G_3J_-uDd--Azlyo3DA&s=19

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
oh no, i didn't see that he died back in february. going to listen to that

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

dang

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I watched all of Baby Reindeer, and despite generally not watching things this sad and affecting precisely because I don't need to be more sad, I found it captivating. However, this rings so shallow to me:

https://x.com/DEADLINE/status/1783198293499261160

You can't make an entire Netflix miniseries about real life people, and then expect the audience to not try to determine the identities. It strikes me as having it both ways, and kind of crass. What could you possibly expect?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Nichael posted:

I watched all of Baby Reindeer, and despite generally not watching things this sad and affecting precisely because I don't need to be more sad, I found it captivating. However, this rings so shallow to me:

You can't make an entire Netflix miniseries about real life people, and then expect the audience to not try to determine the identities. It strikes me as having it both ways, and kind of crass. What could you possibly expect?

isn't that whole show about how people want to have it both ways?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Nichael posted:

quote:

Gadd’s friend Sean Foley, a Olivier Award-winning actor, writer and director, has been wrongly accused of being Darrien, who is portayed as grooming and sexually assaulting Donny.

Foley said he was in contact with authorities. “Police have been informed and are investigating all defamatory abusive and threatening posts against me,” he wrote on Twitter, now X.

Gunning added that Netflix went to “great lengths” to protect the identity of the people involved, including using pseudonyms for the characters.
i don't think it's crass and tasteless to say "please stop sending threats to random people I know because you read tea leaves to determine they're a rapist"

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Augus posted:

i don't think it's crass and tasteless to say "please stop sending threats to random people I know because you read tea leaves to determine they're a rapist"

Sunil Tripathi’s family would probably agree.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

these internet sleuths should have just waited for whoever sues the showrunner.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Augus posted:

I agree with that but I think it's ridiculously naive to think people wouldn't work to figure it out.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Deqzy_tifRU

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

latest x-men has Beast :crackping:ing a bit

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1782918885944988028

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
so i saw that civil war movie, and i thought it was pretty decent. yeah, they don't go into the politics much, but it's from the perspective of war journalists, they don't have the kind of education that would allow them to understand why a civil war would be happening anyways. they're more concerned about being where the action is and getting good pics, so there's plenty of that. i kind of like what he did with the music during some of the action scenes.
i mean, the ending of the movie is the anti-governmental forces breaking into the white house, openly shooting surrendering secret service people, breaking into the oval office and pulling the president out from under his desk, the one reporter guy who wanted the last interview asking him for a quote, the president saying, "don't let them shoot me" and the reporter saying, that'll do and then a black woman soldier executes the president! then credits and "dream a big dream" song comes on with the black and white photo of the soldiers over the president's body. like, there's not a lot of movies that end like that.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Augus posted:

Yeah that’s exactly what it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhndpv7sEqE

lol

i finished invincible just to catch up to this scene and i find it kindof fascinating just how easy it was to adapt the material all the stuff that was edgy about it in the aughts is equally edgy now which is to say that it puts a bit more thought into the worldbuilding than the usual capeshit but not enough to really be rigorous

contrast that with the boys which was also an edgy aughts era comic but one thats aged horrifically badly in just about every conceivable way so the show just uses the intellectual property to tell a thoroughly modern story about woke branding instead

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Some day they're going to adapt Crossed and that is the day the world.ends. Because of the posting

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Ardent Communist posted:

so i saw that civil war movie, and i thought it was pretty decent. yeah, they don't go into the politics much, but it's from the perspective of war journalists, they don't have the kind of education that would allow them to understand why a civil war would be happening anyways. they're more concerned about being where the action is and getting good pics, so there's plenty of that. i kind of like what he did with the music during some of the action scenes.
i mean, the ending of the movie is the anti-governmental forces breaking into the white house, openly shooting surrendering secret service people, breaking into the oval office and pulling the president out from under his desk, the one reporter guy who wanted the last interview asking him for a quote, the president saying, "don't let them shoot me" and the reporter saying, that'll do and then a black woman soldier executes the president! then credits and "dream a big dream" song comes on with the black and white photo of the soldiers over the president's body. like, there's not a lot of movies that end like that.

Hell yeah that scene was bad rear end. I watched the last 15 minutes of the movie during a 6 hour window where it was uploaded as a tweet and I think that's the foreal optimal experience.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
maus adaptation

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Some Guy TT posted:

contrast that with the boys which was also an edgy aughts era comic but one thats aged horrifically badly in just about every conceivable way so the show just uses the intellectual property to tell a thoroughly modern story about woke branding instead

well they did ONE adaptation of the comic:

:nws:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOQurrIWUyA

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Don’t mess with Texifornia hell yee haw

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Al! posted:

maus adaptation

hollywood keeps trying!

quote:

As such a unique and high-profile creative work, it's no surprise that filmmakers have been eager to adapt "Maus" to the screen. In fact, according to The Hollywood Reporter, "Spiegelman has been approached at least four separate times over the years to turn 'Maus' into a movie," in addition to turning down licensing and merchandising deals. That being said, it's not likely we'll ever see a Hollywood adaptation of "Maus" in film or on TV, and for one very good reason.
In a recent interview with The Hollywood Reporter, however, Spiegelman said there has been "no change" to his allowing anyone to adapt the novel for the screen. As to why he keeps refusing offers, Spiegelman elaborated, "I like movies, but 'Maus' is better served as a book. [It's a] more intimate form and comics adhere to the brain better." So, even as the recent national attention to his iconic graphic novel sees it rocketing to the top of best-seller lists (per The Los Angeles Times), it looks like Spiegelman's personal artistic vision is the real reason we'll never see a Hollywood adaptation of "Maus."

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Trabisnikof posted:

hollywood keeps trying!

they are gonna do it so fast when he dies

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

as long as bill watterson lives exactly one day longer than me, I'm good

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

I demand Maus Funko Pops

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

watching the eugene levy travel on apple+ and lol he has insane amounts of rizz, every gay man and older woman he meets is making eyes at him

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Bro Dad posted:

watching the eugene levy travel on apple+ and lol he has insane amounts of rizz, every gay man and older woman he meets is making eyes at him

it's cuz he was in all the American Pie movies, even the lovely ones

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

it's cuz he was in all the American Pie movies, even the lovely ones

He is forever invited to any cook out after the rizz he pulled on Queen Latifa in Bringing Down The House. That man had the mandate of heaven.

To this day I tell my wife "The cool points are out the window. You got me twisted up in the game"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

KirbyKhan posted:

He is forever invited to any cook out after the rizz he pulled on Queen Latifa in Bringing Down The House. That man had the mandate of heaven.

To this day I tell my wife "The cool points are out the window. You got me twisted up in the game"

you are speaking to a man who owns three pieces (buttons) of Bringing Down The House merchandise, including a button depicting Eugene Levy saying "You got me straight tripping, boo!"

e: this is not MY button, but one like it

Pepe Silvia Browne has issued a correction as of 14:15 on Apr 25, 2024

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

it's my second favorite piece of dumb bullshit i own