Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Hell yeah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

it's my second favorite piece of dumb bullshit i own
okay i'll bite. if that's runner up, what's the no. 1 piece of dumb bullshit?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

nice obelisk idiot posted:

okay i'll bite. if that's runner up, what's the no. 1 piece of dumb bullshit?

it brings me joy

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lmao

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
that's pretty good. very of its time

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

nice obelisk idiot posted:

that's pretty good. very of its time

thank you. it captures 1999, when a character whose main joke is being horny all the time could be used to advertise Milk in an Elementary School Cafeteria

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
austin powers is the real throat goat

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

it brings me joy

In Canada milk comes in bags

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
do you display the poster and the button together in a prominent exhibit?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i cant tell if that button pic is an archive photo or an evidence photo but id like to believe its the latter

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

the milk machine posted:

do you display the poster and the button together in a prominent exhibit?

I've been renovating a space in my attic for the past 2 years and slowly building it into my new office space where all of this stuff will eventually have a home. unfortunately most of my dumber stuff has lived in boxes the last couple years, but I am starting on the final stages of that renovation project now where I'll be building in-wall shelving and drawers to display and store old games, records, books, that kinda poo poo, and decorated with this kinda poo poo.

The Austin Powers poster is hung so that it surprises you as soon as you get to the top of the stairs right now lol

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
that rules op, sending good vibes out to this project

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

my wife promised that i could make the attic and basement as tacky and weird as i wanted so i'm going for it

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

the milk machine posted:

that rules op, sending good vibes out to this project

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

my wife promised that i could make the attic and basement as tacky and weird as i wanted so i'm going for it

you should set up a sensor so every time you open the attic door you hear "someBODY"

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

it brings me joy

Lol

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Al! posted:

you should set up a sensor so every time you open the attic door you hear "someBODY"

lmao I was thinking maybe something like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8yQhXDquII

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Al! posted:

you should set up a sensor so every time you open the attic door you hear "someBODY" this is my last resort

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

it brings me joy

god drat I’m jealous

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1783514011486621721?t=d1UpeoXF_bt4M9VgG5gCTw&s=19

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

they're no fantastic beasts

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

do people even still like those movies

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

who has the time!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

they're putting a bunch of older movies in theaters again for random 10 and 5 year anniversaries, I think big chains just recognize that New Movies are basically not a draw right now unless it's a specific director/actor that people like. Superhero fans have burnt out to the point that no hype fuel is left.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

people make LOTR memes all the time

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Lmao that reminds me of him trying to turn the hobbit into an epic ten hour trilogy

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

they're putting a bunch of older movies in theaters again for random 10 and 5 year anniversaries, I think big chains just recognize that New Movies are basically not a draw right now unless it's a specific director/actor that people like. Superhero fans have burnt out to the point that no hype fuel is left.

theater near me is running Alien rn, pretty cool honestly.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

???

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Hell yeah

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
my kid dropped a "you shall not pass!" on me last week and he 100% has no idea who Gandalf even is.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

my kid dropped a "you shall not pass!" on me last week and he 100% has no idea who Gandalf even is.

well you know what you have to do then

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

loquacius posted:

people make LOTR memes all the time

they make star wars prequel memes all the time too but i thought everyone hated those

anyway everyone knows the real juice now is with Dune memes

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

they make star wars prequel memes all the time too but i thought everyone hated those

anyway everyone knows the real juice now is with Dune memes

Star Wars prequels is generational. All the people who were 12 and under when they came out remember them fondly ime

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

tristeham posted:

been reading robert coover's the public burning. good stuff. i think it would interest the c-spam hivemind

interesting, thank you

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

loquacius posted:

well you know what you have to do then

cast him into the darkness?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

I'm actually very pleasantly surprised how well Dune 2 has done, villenueve ftw. I'm actually kinda shocked that it's done 3x better than 1; however, that may have mostly pandemic suppression.

but yeah with the death of ZIRP and falling profits, that they're going to dig backup things that were mega profitable to throw back out to see if there's still fish to bite. and it's basically free* to re-cast the line. You see this with a lot of AAA video game corporations the past half decade of just re-releasing previously-profitable games with maybe a quick texture upscaling and calling it a remaster.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Do I see these?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Do I see these?

I dunno, is your monitor on

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Star Wars prequels is generational. All the people who were 12 and under when they came out remember them fondly ime

theyre the best ones (its me, the person born in 90)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

i do not care for the star wars