Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Splat
Vampire
Werewolf
Mage
Changeling
Promethean
Demon
Hunter
Sin Eater
Deviant
Mummy lol
beast?!
Goku
View Results

midwifecrisis
Jul 5, 2005

oh, have I got some GREAT news for you!

I feel like Retainer is a pretty good alternative for Ghoul, especially given that that's the name of the advantage/background.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

midwifecrisis
Jul 5, 2005

Same, but that does sound fun.

midwifecrisis
Jul 5, 2005

Warthur posted:

I swear if we don't get a Demon: the Fallen 20th which actually fixes the system...

I'd love this too, though I don't think I had too many issues the system back in the early 00s, other than it being storyteller. What's wrong with it?

midwifecrisis
Jul 5, 2005

Mors Rattus posted:

I’m actually looking forward to that with some interest but I am baffled by the geography. It might just be that I live in CT but like, if I was gonna pick any MA city to be in a shared domain with it it’s be Springfield, not Boston. I probably still wouldn’t but they’re much closer.

I live north of Springfield and I'd pick Worcester, or even Manchester NH.

In fact I'm starting work on my first V5 Game right now and almost made Western MA as a whole an entire domain. (Pioneer Valley + the Berkshires)

midwifecrisis fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Nov 6, 2020

midwifecrisis
Jul 5, 2005

It is absolutely not just you. V5 makes some interesting advances but the math is funky and annoying and I hate it, also they brought back scaling XP costs, THE BASTARDS

midwifecrisis
Jul 5, 2005

I think the predator type is really one of those "cool idea, awful implementation" thing that really fucks up character creation in a similar way to the D&D 5e Backgrounds thing, which never worked in practice for me.

midwifecrisis
Jul 5, 2005

Now I wonder if the Evasion facet Fog of War could be used to redirect a woof in Kuruth into another target...

Edit: nope, ranged attacks.

midwifecrisis
Jul 5, 2005

The really funny thing about the Dream mechanics in CtL is that a Cahalith can do the same thing with a single roll and a 3 dot gift.

midwifecrisis
Jul 5, 2005

Sumatra seems really nice and light weight, though not being able to edit character sheets is a major downside

midwifecrisis
Jul 5, 2005

Heck I’ll take recommendations for good Google sheets then...

midwifecrisis
Jul 5, 2005

oh, so that's what happened to etherwind.

midwifecrisis
Jul 5, 2005

Yep! And it's one of the things that makes the whole character creation/predator type and EXP system just that little bit more annoying to deal with.

midwifecrisis
Jul 5, 2005

Okay but the most important question is: where do I find Low Stakes?

midwifecrisis
Jul 5, 2005

Yeah, those are Revenants and iirc they wake up frenzying every night? Or they at least don't retain their vitae during the daysleep. So they tend not to last long. They can be "fully" embraced by any other kindred though.

midwifecrisis
Jul 5, 2005

TheKingslayer posted:

It sounds like these podcasters are taking the idea that using your powers on other kindred is rude and crass and somehow expanding it into how you're actually supposed to play.

Honestly, yes. This is how I read it.

I've tried to listen to that podcast but after a few episodes, I gave up. One guy in particular just seems completely uncritical of those books in a way that even my high school self would cringe at.

midwifecrisis
Jul 5, 2005

Dawgstar posted:

It's true. He actually helped me grok concepts in Demon: The Fallen better than the actual book did in his trilogy Ashes & Angel Wings. That might be a good FATAL & Friends.

I'd be so down to read this. That trilogy really did unlock the game for me, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

midwifecrisis
Jul 5, 2005

It's true there are a lot of bricks in Holyoke

midwifecrisis fucked around with this message at 08:52 on May 4, 2024