Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
I watched a Casey Neistat video about some camera thingy once and ended up subscribing. Came to realize that the channel is actually about a middle aged dude riding a one wheeler around new york city or something.

e: he’s actually one year younger than me. Dang.

President Beep fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Feb 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Oh man I was going back and forth on bringing Ken up, this dude is capital C Crazy and a lot of his videos are straight up unhinged, like when he spent 20 minutes just yelling about how rude Nikon support was for not giving him a loaner of the new Z camera even though he spent six months dunking the gently caress out of the line beforehand.

Absolutely knows his poo poo on a technical level though, he's got a bunch of videos about hypersync and other techniques that are really loving cool, and he apparently does have enough legit connections to be the first one to break a lot of fuji rumor stuff (iirc he was the first one to call that the Xpro-3 had a nontraditional LCD and aside from the name, he's called basically every shot about the X-T4 that we know so far)

Worth rooting through his videos for the occasional gem, if you can get past all the weird physics truther stuff.

He also makes his own robes.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

bloops posted:

Nick Carver is great. He’s got a very cool niche shooting large format film plus some medium format work.

He’ll do deep dives into his own work - gently caress ups an all. Good on-location videos, some educational stuff. Check him out.

Sounds promising. I’ll have to check him out.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

I enjoy Kai more now that he's no longer with DigitalRev, blatantly trying to emulate Top Gear.

I know that's cliche as gently caress, but it's also spot on.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

bokeh balls

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

teraflame posted:

I really like Ian Wong, ex digital rev guy. His videos are thoughtful and well edited. I just wish he did more.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXV7bLiYu6DSX73KuoprBzw

Yeah, his videos are quite nice. Didn't realize he wasn't with digital rev anymore.

Just looked at their channel--they've really dialed back their youtube presence. Latest upload was four months ago.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Someone a while back, and I think it was him, made a video about visiting a country in SE Asia (Thailand? Myanmar?) and a bunch of the video was about how it was important not to exploit/trivialize the culture there while doing photography. It was very thoughtful and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Thoren posted:

As a street photographer in Thailand I'd be very interested in watching this.

Turns out it was another guy from digitalrev. One of their cheap camera challenge thingies involving some accomplished videographer. It’s pretty long, and I seem to recall a lot of the more substantial conversation happens in the second half of the video. Hopefully my lovely memory isn’t inflating the video’s merits, but I do remember appreciating much of what they talk about. Now that I’ve found it again I think I’ll rewatch too...

https://youtu.be/0flHpWGrEng