Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

goatface posted:

I hope he does, just to put the fear of god into everyone for a few minutes.

Just a chorus of 'oh god no' over the radio as the team try and force a split straight after the flag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

https://twitter.com/vismaleaseabike/status/1787803996104618020
Jonas back on the bike

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Danish nature at its most Danish.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

bad news: bini retired after two crashes in short order

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Pocket posted:

Yeah was sorry to see that

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Always wonder what could have happened on his break through year if he had raced RVV instead of going home or not got the cork in his eye at the Giro upon his return.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Exactly, it's why I feel bad for the guy, the cork incident felt like it denied him his time to shine, I had high hopes for him this year and it sucks he's out with another injury

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Pocket posted:

Was he dazed & injured & wobbly for the 2nd off, or some oil on the road? Looked weird, certainly wasn’t pushing hard or even turning much, and he just went down.

How can the whole peloton go through with no further crashes, then he stacks it on his own? Wet roads are wet roads, but it’s normally 90 degree corners where you’re braking and leaning that become a problem.

I checked and Wanty are on Continental tyres like half the peloton, so shouldn’t be randomly skidding out due to equipment.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He came out of the first crash worst. Probably riding with a significant undiagnosed problem.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Lovely afternoon for a bit of attacking

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Lol Ganna cooked that

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

StarkingBarfish posted:

Lol Ganna cooked that

Too much messing about in the breakaway earlier, burned his matches too early.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

drat, sad to hear that about Bini.
But of course for me there's the silver lining that now Mihkels gets chances (and hey top 10 today, not bad)

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ju...-purple-shorts/

quote:

“I don't know much I can say. The organisers gave us the skinsuit, so I put them on but then we got a call from the UCI saying: 'it's not allowed',” Pogačar revealed to Eurosport before the start of the stage.

Pogačar raced in team issue black shorts to avoid any punishment but missed out on the benefit of racing in a skinsuit.

“Now I have my pants but no skinsuit, so maybe today I cannot attack because I'm not fast.” Pogačar quipped.

Asked if he would attack from the start of the stage, Pogačar joked: “No, because no skinsuit, no aero.”

Castelli is convinced that the two-tone skinsuit respects the UCI rules. They shied away from combining pink shorts with the leader’s pink jersey for aesthetic reasons. Other leader’s skinsuits at the Giro d’Italia followed similar styles, with Tim Merlier racing in a two-tone cyclamen skinsuit.

These loving guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Wait wait wait, what, the UCI is telling RCS that the purple shorts are not allowed? Isn't that 100% a judgment call for RCS? Also lmao at the "no aero" line