Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

:hmmrona:
SUNNY sunny sunny sunny sunny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

Not much CX chat itt but Namur was an absolute classic. The course was muddy, the weather was terrible, Iserbyt seems to have gotten hypothermia, just brutal conditions. Riders crashing left and right. Both the men’s and women’s races were entertaining but the men’s in particular was one of the best I can remember. Definitely check it out if you have access.

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

rngd in the womb posted:

apparently this race is canada only on flobikes, so...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTGMCHGPanE

this poo poo was pretty transfixing. gotta feel bad for toon aerts though

You do. I saw this morning that he broke a rib so that sucks. He didn’t look too bad on the podium so hopefully he can continue, especially now that he’s the cup leader.

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

There have been some medical studies showing a relationship between elite cyclists and low bone density, so it’s not out of the question.

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

Carmen (?) Alvarado lost the cx World Cup title by crashing during basically the last kilometer of the last lap of the last race of the season while she was on the front. Brutal

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

Smirr posted:

Gianni "Johnny Fiveaces" Moscon just got DQ'd for:

https://twitter.com/BasTietema/status/1234118399233609734

That dude should maybe not be in the peloton any longer.

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

bicievino posted:

Need to see how this shakes out for US coverage vs. nbc gold and flobikes, especially for olympics next year.

I had been doing the eurosport sub with vpn, but they've locked that poo poo down so hard it's just too much of an annoyance.

As of now GCN doesn't have rights to any of the grand tours for the US market so it isn't really a good option. I'll stick with NBC Gold ad-free streams for what they cover and pick up the rest on Eurosport if I can be bothered to.

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

Annemiek just going to win everything this year I guess.

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

Remco just flipped himself off the side of a bridge and fell a ways. Looks like he’s going to leave on a stretcher.

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

:w00t:

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

Pretty exciting watching the top gc guys just ride in together. Pulling for Pogacar now

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

He’s good but he’ll never win GC. Sepp Kuss is who you want to keep an eye on.

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

Cycling doesn't exactly have a great track record when it comes to testing so a third of the peloton probably has COVID.

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

It didn't seem that terrible but after what happened to Jakobsen in Poland you have to think they're extra sensitive to it.

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

Alaphilippe forgot to charge his Di2

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

Bennett looked like me after giving up trying to hang on to the A group

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

:rip:

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

Wout just casually murdering an entire team

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

Froome would haven't made it far enough in the stage to get dropped in this fashion.

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

yates solidifying his team ineos leadership position

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Yeah, there's tons of issues with donated blood so there's been huge amounts of research into synthetic alternatives. Not so much anymore as they just seem to not work and also kill people

That's never stopped cyclists before.

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

He's still 2nd overall without being able to race this year and would be within a dozen points if he didn't get penalized for his bump on WVA. I think it's a little premature to put him out to pasture.

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

I kind of like the zwift low-res aesthetic and I would much prefer they work on the god awful UI and lack of social features before they worry about graphics

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

I don't trust these live time gaps at all

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

The worst thing about the doping spectre over this sport is that I can't watch a performance like that without wondering. Beyond the TT does Pogacar even have a supporting team this year?

Good to see porte on the podium finally, the year before he returns to working for someone else lol

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

Not a fan of matching color bibs. Jersey leaders should have to wear black shorts imo.

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

The last round of doping scandals did a ton of damage to the sport so it's understandable but yeah pretty funny to watch everyone just dance around the issue.

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

There would probably be more "just asking questions" in the english language press if it were Froome or G who got blitzed off the mountain and not a Slovenian dude on a Dutch team.

We'll never know either way and it's a weird season anyway since everyone is fresh. I'm sure some people took advantage of the lockdown and the relative lack of testing but whatever, it was a still good race and an exciting finish and hopefully that continues.

Tom Pidcock to Ineos is a done deal

Look forward to the young rider known for his explosive rides to win 3 stages of the baby giro being relegated to pacing Thomas up climbs

I just learned this morning that Porte is headed back to ineos, and now this? Why must they ruin everything. Gonna be sky train vs jumbo train but at least this year was fun!

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

Van Der breggan looking like she could do the double

Pretty nice way to close out your career. Had some help from favorites crashing out but that's racing.

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

HappyCamperGL posted:

is she not staying on for the olympics next year?

Oh I guess she is. I thought she was calling it quits after this year but maybe the olympics getting delayed changed that plan.

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

Commentators are extremely thirsty for Deignan to medal

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

Gonna lol if its 1-2-3 after the Italian lady gets DQ for that sprint

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

quote is not edit

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

Didn't get to watch this one live but I'm very happy for my good friend Julian. He will be fun in the rainbow bands.

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

How someone from Durango ends up as a Trump anti-masker is behind me.

Have you been to western Colorado? It’s not surprising.

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

EF making Jumbo and their yellow jerseys look like even bigger frauds.

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

A standard bottle is 500 mL. Assuming randomly packed spherical lead shot with a density of 64% you can carry 320mL or 3.6 kilos of lead per bottle. With one bottle in the TT bike cage and an additional 9 in the vest you could add approximately one half of an Alaphillipe to your weight. Upgrade to tungsten and you could get an entire world champion on your back for the downhill TT.

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

NBC feed's audio mixing is terrible. It's like the commentator is shouting over the whine from the chopper and the revving of the motos.

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

lol if he got nipped at the line. extra lol if he gets relegated for that dumb rear end swerve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

lmao. Love you Juilan but wow. embarrassing. gonna be seeing that replay forever