Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Wait, I just realized, Denji didn't get to see the Penguins!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I usually take a couple minutes on those pages, really let it soak in. If there's no dialogue the artist clearly meant for the art to speak for itself.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

SirKibbles posted:

It's because he's always drunk,not blind.

Yes it's this. He's a high functioning alcoholic with years of experience fighting devils. He anticipated Power's attack because he's probably had a dozen devils ambush him that way.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Electric Phantasm posted:

Much like Regular Show the format wars are also a real thing between the different physical media devils.

Those devils would be so weak, nobody is afraid of VHS.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yes, the devil doesn't pop out of the body, it dies when the body does, which is why it's kind of odd that devils become fiends at all, there seems to be no upside for the devils.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Probably not, I think she's going to obsess over Denji to the point where she's going to do something really stupid to try to win him back.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

GloomMouse posted:

Contracts can be pretty light based on the whim of the Devil, even down to the low, low, price of nothing if your future is hilariously awful!

That still had limitations though, it just didn't have a concrete cost.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oh does he ask her to get some tea with him (a common pick up line) or is it more nuanced than that?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I'm reading Chainsaw Man and One Piece! At the rate I'm going I'll be caught up to One Piece like... next year? But it's something to do between chapters of CSM.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Maybe there's an amnesia devil? I know I'm terrified of it. Dementia devil would be pretty strong too if the timeline was later than 1998.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

grieving for Gandalf posted:

if Denji ate Makima, does that mean there's no longer... control? or what's up

also, is Katana Man the only other hybrid like Denji (and I guess Asa)? did we ever go back to that plot point

The way Denji ate Makima is unusual in that it only partially reset her instead of erasing her from existence. Probably because he spread it out over a long period of time. So now there's a new Control devil with a new personality.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I think they're her mantis arms. Arms make pretty versatile weapons once you get past some of the squishier parts of human anatomy. A devil able to reconstruct itself can probably sharpen its arms.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yes chapter tomorrow at the usual time.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Childbirth is a uniquely scary time for some people, you better believe there's a Birth Devil and no, you do not want to see it.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It could be population related, maybe devil power is based on the absolute number of humans who fear them and how much instead of relative, so before the 1950s or so devils were weak and they only became a threat with expanding populations.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yes there's a new chapter.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

goblin week posted:

My favorite manga reader app thing is that in the EU, you cannot pay for the shonen jump app due to licensing. It’s all free!

But you can read each chapter only once ever after which it becomes permanently inaccessible

No that's a third app, we have that one too and it has a different catalog than the SJ app.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Maybe he does have the power to make chainsaw vehicles and just didn't know how. I think that would be cool, like Ghost Rider.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I am now actively rooting for Asa and Denji to get together they're both so hopelessly dumb it just might work.

The problem is they've got two Horsemen gunning against them (plus whatever the gently caress Fami is doing) so it's going to take a miracle.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I'm not sure they're working together but they're definitely working towards the same sort term goal, take the real Chainsaw Man off the board. They definitely have different motives so I can't see it as anything other than alliance of convenience if they are working together.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I wonder if this is related to Chainsaw Man at all, or Denji just happened to get hooked up with a girl who ran a murder cult. Boy would Yoshida's face be red!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

If you're not a pretty girl or a cat you have much to fear from Chainsaw Man, he might eat you.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Maybe there really is an ultraviolet weapon making everyone stupid, it would explain a few things. Like why they let loving yoshida be in charge of anything.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

chiasaur11 posted:

Aki was excellent at general housework. Arai knew how to help drunk people deal with women. Denji has a staggeringly good memory.

You'd think somebody with as lovely a life as Denji has had he wouldn't have a good memory, but yeah he's great at keeping track of little details, which is a plus when you're dealing with a dozen dogs.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Rid us of eternity as well chainsaw man, then what will happen? Nobody knows.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The last thing they need is two mass devil breakout events.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Das Boo posted:

Girl, go back and get your arm!
Careless.

New arms are never as good as the old arm you're used to. Plus you lose all your muscle tone and it's weak as a kitten for days. Does not apply in all situations.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah Meowy is top cat in that household, anybody that can handle that many huskies is a god amongst cats.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Nobody on Earth would commit to a twice weekly manga without a prescription for Provigil and weekly steroid injections in their hands. Even they would probably skip dates. Maybe do a few 4 koma, that might work, but a shonen no way, especially not an action one, that's just asking to die.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

goblin week posted:

I feel like Oda would try

They've already got Oda taking a week off so he can decompress and see his family, don't you put this evil on him.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oh I bet Meowy gives the best judgemental stares.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

chiasaur11 posted:

Hasn't died yet, though.

Figuring out that trick in the mentor business isn't to be scoffed at.

Especially in CSM, where favorite characters get killed first.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Of course she named her dogs, how else do you discipline them using only your voice if they don't have a name.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Or just because to do a special broadcast like with the Kaguya movie.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Jujutsu Kaisen movies are stand alone stories not dealing with the main characters except Gojo though, they're not part of the main continuity, they're flashbacks. This will be a straight continuation of the manga story like Demon Slayer so there's merit in chopping it into episodes sized chunks.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

oh the prophecy just stated that a great king of terror would descend on earth. people made the assumption that it means the end of the world but technically that's not what it says

Death being super friendly and sociable would be pretty funny

Uncle Death rides in on his skateboard and is like 'sup dudes.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

As funny as all this is, Death is probably another ineffable monster thing like the Darkness Devil since devils represent both the things and the fear of the thing Death would be the personification of the end of life, whatever that would actually look like. Maybe just a corpse, all gross and rotten, or maybe traditional Death and it's a big skeleton in a robe wielding a scythe, but I doubt it'll be as pedestrian as that. Whatever it is I'm sure it will be terrifying when put to paper.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah the Injury Devil would have a field day. Just people being afraid of stuff like beheading, losing limbs, organ damage because that shits permanent and you'd carry it with you forever.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I think it's just a change in how he's drawn, since hybrids don't change appreciably from when they're "born" so to speak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Also chicken served in various Japanese stores I'm aware of doesn't come with skin except KFC. So that would be a very special Chainsawman Christmas which Power ruins.