Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Eggplant Squire posted:

Lmao how did they even identify the bodies from last week?

I guess the president left behind like four heads...

I feel like in the world of Chainsaw Man you have to be really good at identifying bodies from horrorgore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wasn't Chainsaw Man set in the 90s or something?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I just fear what the Internet Devil would be

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Considering Chainsaw Man ate the concept of the in-betweens maybe fiends can become them over time but nobody can wrap their head around it

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It's pretty simple.

Denji's priorities for saving are

Boobs
Food
Cat
Other

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

is there a trolley demon

I presume every mode of transport has an associated demon.

Power gave the Car Devil a huge boost

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

also in spiderman spiderman has several options to save people quickly and efficiently without having to take his eyes off the enemy for too long, like catching them with webbing, swinging over to them and catching them, etc. chainsaw man's powers are 'being made of chainsaws' and 'screaming'

To be fair it is implied Chainsaw Man can do the Swing Thing but Denji specced for Shark Riding instead

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I would say the scarier thing is that killing you is one of the less awful things a devil can do to you.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The general idea I get is that Devils get powers not based on logic but on emotion.

So Spider Devil can teleport because people fear Spiders appearing out of nowhere, Angel Devil can turn your life into a weapon because people associate religion with things like the Crusades ect.

Chainsaws are a very primal image that brings to mind total destruction. A whirring spinning blade that grinds you into absolutely nothing painfully and violently. So it's powerful by default and the more it destroys and kills the more powerful that fear grows, especially if it fought and killed other demons who would associate its appearance with the end of their existence. (Either being thrown back to Earth from Hell or vice-versa.)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I think the only appropriate trade for Konebi would be the exact same as the Future Devil: I'll give you power but I get to watch and laugh at every single thing that happens to you.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Denji you delightful loving moron.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

public safety is probably not thrilled about him taking away their most valuable asset

kishibe already said he handed nayuta off to denji to keep the government away from her, they’d probably try to assassinate him if they thought they could get away with it

Didn't public safety attempt a fairly public assassination of her?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am fine with 50 chapters of Denji's Extremely Dumbass Normal Life

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It isn't like Denji was ever not a dumbass, but he just became a bit more aware of the people around him because he had spent a lot of time with them. He's now back to basically having nobody (though presumably an adoptive daughter + bucketload of dogs) and so he's having to learn about people all over again.

Also most of his previous friends were batshit insane.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

New chapter out on the app.

That escalated quickly.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Flair posted:

School shootings and people spending welfare on gambling. Fujimoto woke up and decided to make "justice" a motif.

If anything, I am surprised that superhero satire/parody has not capitalized on this kind of scenario yet.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

:stare: Oh this got so dark so quickly.

I felt my stomach drop, if you've read the most recent chapter I think you know when and why.

Asa just can't catch a break can she?

Brilliant art you got there.

Are you kidding? She is going to get a weapon contracted to the Justice Devil. Best day ever.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nobody but Denji would go 'there was a cat too dude.'

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

Only way we know of so far for a human to get there is for someone to contract with the Hell Devil and sacrifice themselves.

Side note to that, Makima sent Chainsaw to Hell in the last couple volumes of Part 1, where he slaughtered a ton of devils. Doesn't that mean they were then reborn on Earth? I'm not sure anyone in the series has outright said so, but the devil situation does seem a bit more out of hand than in Part 1, even accounting for how decimated the Public Safety devil hunters are. Just saying it's kind of funny that Chainsaw Man's current celebrity status is due in part to a situation he helped create.

Chainsaw Man: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Chainsaw Man is Metal Blade.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Chainsaw Man: What is it good for?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am torn on if the best joke in the series is "I HAVE AN IDEA" (ride a shark) or The Car.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

they also mention that japan is prime devil territory a couple of times. presumably there's other places that are slightly less of a clusterfuck.

And even then you have the US President literally sacrificing the entire country to a devil.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I have it on trusted sources that the anime will have a new exclusive ending where Denji dies and wakes up in WW2 Germany

And then he eats Nazis.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Makima was immensely sinister from the start (i say as someone who hopped into CM after it was done so I could marathon it.)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Unironically:

Makima is never really supposed to be obviously trustworthy. The question is usually "who is she manipulating and why?" There's no gradual reveal that she is loving scary so much as we see she is loving scary early on but it's never entirely clear what ends she is being scary for.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mraagvpeine posted:

I'm just thinking about it, but why is there a Justice Devil? Why do people fear justice?

'I know I did something wrong and fear being punished for it' is pretty straightforward.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

theres a part of makima thats, i dont wanna say innocent, but sincere. i dont think there's ever any indication that she was ever anything but a very caring and loving owner towards her (actual) dogs, for instance.

It makes total sense she is perfectly pleasant to people or things which willingly accept her Control because she's already won. Even if it is just out of doggish love.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Chainsaw Man GX where a new protagonist takes over and they all go to a school toge....

Wait.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Denji is going to be defeated because a woman in her underwear is in front of him.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hiro Protagonist posted:

I'm gonna be very amused when the next episode of the anime invalidates all the Power fan art that the anime-onlys have made.

What is different?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The trick is thst it isn't Denji we see but Denji's evil clone Denjevil. However because Denji is such a dumbass his evil version is basically exactly the same.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Requesting change of title to 'It was such a natural reveal!'

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hiro Protagonist posted:

I don't know how they'll introduce the Death Devil without it being an unbeatable Primal Devil beyond even the Darkness Devil.

It could be tied into the fact that Death wasn't originally the only state of after life. Even if people forgot Chainsaw Man is a world where it used to only be one option.

It probably got way more powerful after Chainsaw ate the rest but not darkness powerful. There is also the fact people just don't seem *that* scared of dying in the world. Scared but like extremely blaise about a horrible monster murdering four of their classmates

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Nov 10, 2022

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Peel posted:

There's a lot of religions that give people reasons not to fear death, but managing and soothing that fear is one reason those religions are the way they are (Terror Management Theory is probably not true, but it's fun). Given the use of the four horsemen theme on top of that I think if Death is anything but extraordinarily powerful it's probably because something (like Chainsaw Man) intervened to make her that way.

Got to wonder where she is, though. Still in Hell?

Who is surrounded by death and yet always escapes? Whose possessions manage to cause death even in the hands of another? Who is a terrifyingly effective killer despite seeming inoccuous? Who has a mysterious contract that hasn't been revealed?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CrashScreen posted:

Huh. I wonder what's going on there.

Also, the tiniest of tiny Nayuta cameos!

My bet, based on nothing.

Chainsaw Woman.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

her agility at least is all-natural, unless she somehow retained her contract after quitting

I imagine you don't get out of a devil contract that easily unless the devil wants to break it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

Contract with the Parents Devil. (Who would be pretty strong I think)

Parents Devil would kick the poo poo out of Darkness Devil

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Genuine question since I can't remember.

How do people know about the rip cord but not Denji's identity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Denji: Wow! If I had a nickel for every time I went on a date with a girl who was planning to murder me I'd have 3 nickels. Which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened three times, right?

Denji would absolutely be like '3 nickles? I can eat good tonight!'