Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if anything happens to beam i will blow up the earth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he thought she hadn't shown up, so it didn't bother him too much. but then, with denji's resilience it's very likely that with enough time he would be fine with the truth of what happened.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
denji doesn't really find out things on his own.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hmm, yes. power should be president.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
devil hunters aren't respected elites. they are hosed up losers doing a job that only pays well because of the high mortality rate. the pure human characters keep on dying because that's what pure human devil hunters do.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
power was barely in the previous arc and the current arc has only been going for like 5 chapters.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so that was the surviving impostor brother who stayed over, right? there are too many similar looking dudes with facial scars in this manga.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the only people who let her do stupid poo poo are denji, who is her partner in crime/dumbness and what's-her-name, who is a complete pushover that power walks all over.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
murder santa is one thing, but i don't know how anyone can stand up to halloween

halloween
halloween
halloween!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
creepy pedo santa is really gonna have to step it up to live up to his hype now.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
okay, this oneshot fuckin' owns.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
chilling

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's possible that makima has no particular interest in killing the gun devil. alternately, just because makima herself is apparently incredibly difficult to kill, that doesn't mean she can kill anything or anyone with ease.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i get the feeling that there was a complex web of long standing plots and grudges which was then thoroughly disrupted by denji showing up. no one predicted denji's existence. no one's entirely sure of what to do with him, even though denji is completely content to be a piece rather than a player. makima seems content to use him as bait, and everyone else wants his heart because it is somehow valuable. i guess santa just demonstrated one way his heart could be used, but it's possible there are others.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's probably the chainsaw devil itself that is important, not the chainsaw devilman. that would explain why everyone wants his heart. it's certainly not the specific human who became the chainsaw devilman. no one gives a poo poo about denji.

as for why it is such a big deal in hell, it might be that the chainsaw devil is just really good at loving up other devils and does so constantly. not everything has to be about power levels.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
dang, carl.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if you've got a dick arm you use that dick arm. it's just common sense.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think makima might have a soft spot for denji because he's seemingly the only person in the world that doesn't see her as a terrifying monster. not everything has to be complicated.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it doesn't matter how good the anime is because the screen will be blacked out most of the time. like, nothing denji ever does meets broadcast standards.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i dunno, maybe the weird confusing spectacle of fire punch would work better as an anime.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
power's terrible but she's denji's best friend and the only person who really gets him.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, the manga was fairly specific that neither of them is attracted to each other.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
fire punch never appealed to me because agni's not an appealing protagonist. there's some good, weird poo poo in there but none of it is because of agni. contrast that to denji, who is my beloved idiot son.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it would be weirdly appropriate if he was the last man standing.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
agni spends most of the manga perceiving the world as a perplexing fever dream due to the constant agonizing pain. it's just that all of that was actually real, and the world was that strange.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
makima's obviously not a perfect saint with clean hands, but i'd like if she had some good points, too. it's still possible that she's a ruthless monster who thinks nothing of manipulating and exploiting denji, but that's too simplistic for this manga.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't think devils have any control over their trips to or from hell. die in one and they pop up in the other, infinitely. they don't get to decide what constitutes death, same as anyone else.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm not really sure why devils don't just pop up in their actual body instead of all this other stuff. it seemed to work for angel, and even after their run in with arm-fall-off boy they are still on earth rather than hell.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm also not sure if the devils who contract out are entirely present on earth. they just sort of partially pop in and out, while other devils are very much physically present all the time.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i wouldn't be surprised if makima somehow subverts the predetermined future where aki dies. but if so, the changed outcome will somehow be worse for aki.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think it has to choose conditionals. also, those can't be 'everyone, everywhere' or else the gun devil would simply be omnipotent.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
this isn't the finale because pretty much none of the momentous events going on have much to do with denji.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the worst thing about ragna crimson is that there isn't very much of it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they didn't actually show how makima fought back against the gun devil. she floated around ominously and got shot in the head, is all. so, the significance of aki's missing limbs isn't something we know yet.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

RatHat posted:

Uh did you miss this page?

probably?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
jjk can sometimes be just as violent as csm (which is really saying something), but in every other respect it can't quite measure up to csm.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he's very self-actualized, but that isn't actually all that useful to his new supernatural lifestyle.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
heck, chainsaw devil probably didn't even exist until horror movies started using chainsaws. they are a specialized power tool, not a weapon. i'm sure lumberjacks had a healthy fear of them, but that's not exactly a huge population.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
we still don't know what makima has done that is so terrible and terrifying that it would warrant sending the gun devil after her. she's enslaved and murdered some people, but not to any exceptional degree for a devil. i think we've seen reze kill more people than makima.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Mraagvpeine posted:

off the top of my head, The Book Devil

religious fundamentalists have long been terrified of books