Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Devil ManMan Devil

And who the gently caress is afraid of angels?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Elfface posted:

I think so, yeah. She makes weapons out of her blood, and can use jars of it to lay traps, but it seems it has to be her blood. Something in me recalls them calling her 'A blood devil' rather than 'the' so if thats not a mistake, her purview may only be certain types of blood or bleeding.

Beware the Menstrual Blood Devil.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

boredsatellite posted:

It's because beam is a pure boy that did nothing wrong

Just like real sharks.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

RatHat posted:

This presents a big problem then. Killing the gun devil will send it to Hell, and since it’s so strong it’ll probably kill a bunch of devils there and send them back to Earth. Unless they don’t retain their former strength and have to build it up from scratch.

What killed the chainsaw devil then?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Elfface posted:

The Chinese devils suddenly swooping in as contenders for best. Blood, Donuts, Halloween and ... what more could one want?

I wonder what they're all devils of? Halloween is probably Halloween, given how much she enjoys saying it... Blood could be another blood devil like Power, she's got the same horns. Donuts' hair could be an eel, or maybe a question-mark. Devil of the unknown? Silence looks like a frankenstein, so could be a devil of monsters, or maybe of corpses or zombies. Death Itself is probably a much bigger deal fear.

Donuts could be Trypophobia?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Cuntellectual posted:

New chapter.

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1006285

violence devil and power continue to be great.

I completely forget who the lady with a nail is though.

She's the master of the assassin hunting, with not much time left to live.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

profileusername posted:

That's how I read it, staying in disguise.

Also I keep reading "Halloween!" in a Nightmare Before Christmas chorus voice.

Halloween is the fear of catchy tunes.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Hamelekim posted:

I love how everyone is so disturbed by her that they just start saying halloween as not to upset her.

That's her power, I think.

Halloween!

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Assessor of Maat posted:

i'm liking how the latest soon-to-be-dead flunky with the... bear devil powers? didn't even get to introduce themselves. good escalation of the joke

He's another fox devil contractee, he just summoned the paw instead of the head.

Kon kon

Now replace kon mentally with yiff.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

no wonder kon's such a prima donna, he's got a drat queue for people who want to form contracts with him

Only if they are handsome.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Hypocrisy posted:

Huh. So the person we thought of as Santa was another "elaborate" puppet like Tolka got turned into. The real "Santa" is Tolka's master. Or perhaps Tolka's master is the inheritor. Whatever. Neat twist.

Probably not given how deliberate the command seemed to be.

Do you remember how Santa asked for orphans? I guess Tolka's master was one, too. She even called him Grandpa.
The inheritor idea is the most likely.

-e-
Those four kids were the orphans, and three got taken.

Lurking Haro fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Mar 21, 2020

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Elfface posted:

She's mysterious, powerful, alluring, never quite sure if she's on your side or not...

She's the Women devil, channeling the fear of nerds everywhere.

The She devil, literally.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

saw it pointed out that when denji strikes the Darkness Devil, all the surrounding spooky men are pointing directly at his chainsaw

devils really don't like that thing

Thats the devil blocking the chainsaw. Do you see the sparks flying off apparently nothing.

When he speaks, the Katakana for O Sa and Ya are all pressed together.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Rigged Death Trap posted:

You know I liked the speedscan translation better
"Become an Idiot, Chainsaw"

It's also the more accurate translation, and a straightforward one on top.
I can't follow the official translator's choice. Was it too dumb for them?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Wark Say posted:

It's like "Daddy in the East" for Kaguya-sama: You know somewhere in your brain that it's kinda wrong, but goddammit, there's a strong-as-hell charm in that goof-up. The official translation kinda makes sense if you remember what she told Master Kishibe about that one news anchor she fancied.

Ok, that makes it kind of consistent, even if she doesn't use the exact same phrase in the original.

"The secret to a happy life in this world is being an ignorant fool."
"Be a fool, Chainsaw"

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

yum posted:

Good jujutsu kaisen adaptation
Good chainsawman adaptation

Choose one

I choose
https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/1265408564002086912?s=19

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

CodfishCartographer posted:

I'm kinda lost on the different "types" of people, ie hybrids etc. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but here's what I think are all the different types of people from most to least human:

Regular Humans
Humans that have made contracts with devils, like Aki
Hybrids, which are like half human half devil?
Fiends, which are devils that have taken over a human corpse, like Denji and Power (or is Denji a hybrid???)
Devils that look like humans, like Angel
Devils that look like scary monsters,, like Darkness devil etc.

Denji is a hybrid, he's still himself. Pochi/Chainsaw Devil only took over as his heart, not his mind.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Wait, if power is a fiend, do we know what devil she was (is?) originally? The power devil seems the most likely, of course.

:confused: The blood devil

Fiends all have weird aberrations, like Power's horns, Shark Guy's shark head or Halloween's exposed brains and drooping eye.

Lurking Haro fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jun 20, 2020

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Darth TNT posted:

Team America World Police!

:perfect:

I have so many questions. Like how does splattering all over the pavement work with dominion? Does she have dominion over the law of gravity or something?

She just commanded the splatter devil to do her bidding, using the prisoners as the sacrifice.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

yum posted:

https://imgur.com/a/l9SVoXj

are people still posting here?

Makima: Look at the timestamps.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

NowonSA posted:

Yummy, plenty of interesting lore reveals in this chapter. Was the bit at the end a historical record, or is the manga set in that timeframe and I just never realized?

Whatever's behind Denji's secret door better be truly insane, because he's way out of his depth if he wants to go toe to toe with the Gun Devil or Makima.

It is indeed set in 96/97. In the flashback to the first Gun Devil attack, it says 13 years ago on November 18th and you see a calendar that puts it on a friday. Which is the case in 1983.
The cars all look the part and I don't think I've seen any mobile phones.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Real Cool Catfish posted:

The series will end with a giant space tree.

It will end with Episode One being canceled.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

If you like gore and goofball comedy (and sudden switches between them), you should give Dorohedoro a try.

Lurking Haro fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jul 10, 2020

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Jo Joestar posted:

Are we sure that Aki is actually the Gun Fiend? He honestly looks more like Chainsaw or Sword or any of the others while they're transformed than Shark or Violence.

e:Not to mention that he knows Denji by name, which the Gun devil probably wouldn't be able to.

He's missing the razor teeth we have seen with all other hybrids. The reason he came to Denji was because of Aki's memories. There might still be some mind fusion happening, what with kid Aki and the snowball fight.

The future devil would also love Aki fusing with the gun devil.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Halloween 1999 is when EP1 is officially canceled.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Ordering Aki also released Angel, so she clearly used her power and whatever conditions it has.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Huh, that's an interesting interpretation. I hadn't connected those two together - I assumed it was more that when Angel saw Makima use her powers, it spurred the memories back of when she used it in his past. Like when you hear a song or see a movie for the first time in like a decade, and suddenly remember all the words you had forgotten.

She can definitely control more than one person at once though - she had controlled the one dude while in Hell in order to get them out of there. If Makima could only control one person at a time, Angel would have recovered his memories.

I interprete it more that there is limit on how many people she can control at once and Angel just happened to be the earliest one. She controlled him again right after he broke free.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Relin posted:

i hope devils havent been around for 1600 years like this because that will give me tokyo ghoul flashbacks where i think, "theres no way society would function anything like this or develop like this with all these monsters for so long" and then i have to turn my brain off

Remember that Devils only come to Earth when they die in Hell. The current situation is probably Chainsaw's fault.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

What if it is no coincidence that Pochita looked like a dog? :tinfoil:

Lurking Haro fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Aug 7, 2020

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

i flunked out posted:

What's the public speaking devil like?

Awkward until they had a few drinks.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Darth TNT posted:

I'm actually disappointed by this, I didn't expect this to happen, but here we are.

Giving the chainsaw devil the ability to eat something out of existence just doesn't make sense.
It doesn't fit with his theme at all. We've seen that all his powers and abilities were chainsaw based, like moving around or holding people still. And then, he can eat stuff out of existence.
It's not even a weird or disgusting and original manifestation of his abilities like Mashima's control manifesting as someone's guts being wrapped around their necks or Bomb flying around with explosions.

Beyond that, I'm digging Mashima even more now.

So I guess she's just a devil then?

Disappearing devils must be an acquired power after they started fearing him.
Now that Makima can remember them.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Acerbatus posted:

I don't even know what's going on anymore.

Denji killing random people is kinda out of character though

It strikes me as Pochita being in control and remembering Denji talking about hamburgers.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

sockpuppetclock posted:

That idiot in the twitter post doesn't know how to read a calendar lol

Yeah, the calendar still has 7 days a week, the housework plan has Sunday omitted because there are 3 people and Hitachi being written Medachi is a case of brand parody like Sorny.
I bet he also skipped all mentionings of glorious 日本 in the text bubbles.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Taikuri posted:

Someone pointed out Makima has 7 dogs, 3 with white fur and 4 with dark.

She summons 7 hybrids, 3 blonde and 4 brunette.

Maybe reaching but who the hell knows at this point what she is capable of.

People first thought the dogs might be transformed people and compared Tiramisu with a devil hunter, so that's not a new thought.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

I dropped Fire Punch due to the stuff with the bestiality p fast.

What?!
You've got the wrong kind of sexual deviancy.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

Makima too smart for real. But I think we’ll see CSM evolve next chapter

chainsaw makes the switch from fear to renewable energy

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Real Cool Catfish posted:

It’s the “Fear of getting impaled by a spear” devil. It’s been around for millenia.

Now its only kept alive by javelin throw referees.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

I really like that design.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

a kitten posted:

I don't know why some chapters come out on Fridays, but i love when they do

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1007950

Brought to you by the magic of holidays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Chainsaw Man Part 2: Phantom Blood Devil