Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

"Madara's Susano'o with 4 arms was kinda cool, I guess"
"What if we add chainsaws?"
"DONE"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

a kitten posted:

The angel names seem to absolutely line up, although i'm not sure what they might mean in regards to anything; Prinz and Beam do the most work to obfuscate the origin but i think it checks out.

There's obviously a lot going on with Makima but I like the thought that she's setting herself up to be reborn as or replace a god as she's clearly going down the cult route of control when it comes to Denji / what used to be the 4th. The fact that she wants to break Denji's contract with Pochita is clearly a lynchpin of something for her as she's the only demon so far that wants him specifically but isn't just after his heart.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

I feel like some of this is going to be the translation of Makima's info dump but I think that all of it exists physically, just the fear of that thing doesn't exist anymore. The devils being the fear of said thing, makes me feel like when they are erased then the fear of whatever it is goes. We're not nearly as afraid of nuclear weapons now as society was in the 50s, and there are any number of things cultures used to be afraid of that we just aren't afraid of any more. The stronger devils are things that people are far more afraid of now on a day to day basis.

TL;DR: Chainsaw Man ate the Holocaust devil so now we got neo-nazis, probably. :/

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Edit: I reread it like 3-4 times just now and those panels seem to directly imply that if he eats the Gun Devil, guns will literally just have never existed which just loving what. Also, how the gently caress did Pochita happen because there's a lot of poo poo he erased before Denji showed up.

Robviously fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Sep 11, 2020

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Good job eating the 9/11 devil, chainsaw!

Do the towers still exist or are they gone too?! :tinfoil:

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Pochita is actually the Separation devil. Chainsawman separates devils from the cycle of reincarnation.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Sindai posted:

Raw spoiler chat: Oh my god the hamburger sequence sounds incredible I can't wait to read it properly. :allears:

I have even less idea of what is going on than normal but it all sounds absolutely amazing.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

What in the gently caress :stonklol:

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

I can't believe they're doing Endless Eight but with burgers.

This is getting an anime, please godanime devil we deserve this to be animated.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Holy poo poo I just noticed he's swinging his arms while they sing the song

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Still can't believe Chainsaw Man straight up murdered the Hamburglar.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Mush Mush Revolution was amazing. The whole date was magic. I have no idea where this is going. I would have said that Makima is just gathering people for Denji to eat but nothing makes any sense yet and it's still awesome.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

:eyepop:

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

I just binged Fire Punch as it seemed to come up here a few times and I couldn't help but feel like there were story beats missing. Maybe because I binged it I wasn't following along nearly as closely as I am Chainsaw Man but... Yeah, it wasn't bad but it didn't feel anywhere near as cohesive.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

I felt like I had this problem with Fire Punch too where he seems to skip around in the fights. I feel like he shows the wind up and the results but leaves us to imagine the actual middle part a lot. The last few chapters have felt choppy and tough to follow, I think as well.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

We still don't know Kobeni's devil contract and this seems like it would be a drat good time for it.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

The "holy poo poo that worked?" reaction on Makima is loving choice.

So glad to have this dumb idiot back.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

I can't take Power's faces, I keep dying laughing at that last panel.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Namnesor posted:

This is the greatest page in all of manga

bitch

:buddy:

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

This manga has so much more than just the surface to it and it's amazing the possible layers to it.

For example, something that people smarter than I probably have put together before now but exactly how long has/had Makima been controlling the Gun Devil?

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

There's a tiny bit of hub-bub on twitter because someone in Tokyo recently registered a domain for chainsawman.dog which is absolutely amazing if that's gonna be the website for an anime adaptation.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

I'm not expecting them to go get Shaft or Trigger involved but even if, say, Madhouse does it, it needs to be stylish and just have the best soundtrack. That's all I'm hoping for.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Makima absolutely was thrilled with Denji at first because she had a way to keep (one of?) the only thing she put on a pedestal on a leash. She's been an obsessive fan-girl for CSM since who knows when. When she first finds Denji it's conveniently in a form where her powers of control can keep him under a leash until CSM was fully powered up and his old self. Denji showing back up is the giant wrench in all of that. It seems that she wants not Chainsaw Man but her perfect idealize version of Chainsaw Man which Denji is very obviously not.

On the flip-side, Denji has not only seemed to accept his role as CSM but also seems to be slowly realizing that even with his feelings for her, he is Makima's equal for all intents and purpose. Chainsaw Man is the only thing Makima sees as greater than herself, which puts him out of her control.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Yeah it was clear this was the last arc but this seems like it's leaving a lot on the table, which isn't a bad thing I guess? Leave the audience wanting more and all that.

Jerkface posted:

announcement please be anime + new on going called Denji Goes to Hell

It'll change magazine and be called Chainsaw Maximum.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

I am legit surprised that they haven't gone the One Punch Man route and just gotten another artist to tell the HxH story at this point. I'm sure Togashi gets a say in if that's even a possibility but still.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

:piss:

This manga goes 10,000 mph and it doesn't feel at all unsatisfying. Gotdam.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

CodfishCartographer posted:

I hope Denji gets to eat a steak soon.

I'm Guy Fieri and this is Denji, Drive-Ins, and Dives

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

So while we know that Chainsaw Man can cancel out things by eating them, Denji is a hybrid so "control" might not disappear while Makima does. She seemed very insistent that Denji wasn't a part of her plans to erase the bad stuff.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Robviously posted:

It'll change magazine and be called Chainsaw Maximum.

:piss:

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

MAPPA did Zombieland Saga so I cannot loving wait for Family Burger and Kobeni dance

Edit: make Kobeni dance the ED and confuse the gently caress out of anime-only folks forever

Robviously fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Dec 9, 2020

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

My guess is we get Chainsaw Man in the spring or summer and Zombieland in the fall once they get that Jump money

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Chainsaw Man: The Two Powers

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Finally we can get what everyone has been itching to see: CSM High School Festival Arc

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

chiasaur11 posted:

Plush Poochita now. It's one of the promotional items on sale for the Jump Festa.

They also announced Nendos for Denji and Power.

The future is best

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

chiasaur11 posted:

Japan's also going to have a Chainsaw Man café next year (presumably with at least one Makima themed entrée)

The Makima special should be a chef's choice tasting menu. :colbert:

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

I always had the pet theory that she had always controlled the gun devil to try to get the chainsaw devil into the open. It would explain why it showed up when it did, why she would have been given such a strong roll if humans didn't know she controlled it, and would give her the finger guns as well.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

:yeah:

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

https://twitter.com/anime/status/1384854443733180416?s=21

He's entertainingly blunt about the anime - basically 'I know gently caress-all about making television, and I talked to these people and they seem to know what they're doing, so I'll just let them get on with it and try to stay out of their way'.

Do you have a message for your overseas audience?

Put Chainsaw Man in Avengers! Like in an R-18 category!

gently caress it, put Denji in the new Deadpool. That's exactly the idiocy I want.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

If they're going to get everything up to this point done in one season - and if it's a 26 episode one they kind of have to because there's not really a ton of material to work with for multiple seasons - then they're not going to be able to spend a lot of time on things like that.

That said maybe they go up to Bombwoman for this season and do the rest next one? That might work

Even if they stick to 13 episode "seasons", you could get away with doing everything up to Bomb Girl (39 chapters) in the first 13, do Bomb and Katana (31 chapters) as the 2nd 13, and end with Gun/Makima (27) as the final 13.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Yeah, I meant International Assassins there but the gist is still right. This is also assuming the general 2-3 chapters an episode but I don't know exactly how that plots out for a monthly vs a weekly. Probably not much different.